What is your favorite DBZ Kai Kenji Yamamoto Song Piece

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What is your favorite DBZ Kai Kenji Yamamoto Song Piece

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:13 am

I think DBZ Kai soundtrack was pretty awesome in that it combined modern with old and I loved it. It got me really enthusiastic, but sadly plagarism came and ruined it for me xD. I think one of the best is The Braveheart Challenges The Strong. It totally is awesome because it is very chilling and energetic. It sounds like a Mozart piece of DBZ xD.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: What is your favorite DBZ Kai Kenji Yamamoto Song Piece

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:16 am

From Dragon Ball Kai?

Kenji Yamamoto: Dragon Ball Kai - Gohan's Awakening

It's a shame that it was never publicly released on CD so we'd get the instrumental version only. :|
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:26 pm

It's definitely The Clouds Of War Spread, which is one of the few pieces that actually feel like they belong to Dragon Ball. It's almost a rehash of The Man Called "C" from Budokai 1, though.

dbboxkaifan wrote:Kenji Yamamoto: Dragon Ball Kai - Gohan's Awakening

It's a shame that it was never publicly released on CD so we'd get the instrumental version only. :|
The instrumental version? What are you talking about? Gohan's Awakening is a BGM piece with a vocal part and not a song. There is only the "instrumental version" from the beginning.

Anyway, my rip is a little better than that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KhBHcz0cbg

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Not particularly Dragon Ball-esque but I always loved the horrifying choral music as Kuririn is impaled by Freeza.

I'm afraid I don't know the title of the track. Don't have my Kai OST anywhere to hand to check!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:18 pm

kei17 wrote:The instrumental version? What are you talking about? Gohan's Awakening is a BGM piece with a vocal part and not a song. There is only the "instrumental version" from the beginning.

Anyway, my rip is a little better than that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KhBHcz0cbg
I meant in the sense of not having the voices of the characters (i.e, Gohan screaming) but yeah that's right.

That rip definitely sounds better.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:06 pm

One Hit to Victory *ç* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-YXoR360A

I hope this isn't yet another plagiarism.It's really my favorite Yamamoto's piece of music, with "Full Of Tears - In The Abyss of Sorrow" (DBZ 3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NaUkROjbHc

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:26 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Not particularly Dragon Ball-esque but I always loved the horrifying choral music as Kuririn is impaled by Freeza.

I'm afraid I don't know the title of the track. Don't have my Kai OST anywhere to hand to check!
'Only a Chilling Elegy'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhCn_q04qBk

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:39 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Not particularly Dragon Ball-esque but I always loved the horrifying choral music as Kuririn is impaled by Freeza.

That's the ultra-awesome insert song for Freeza, Only a Chilling Elegy! Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhCn_q04qBk

This song's usage in episode 37 and episode 40 of Kai plus Chris Ayres' Freeza that made me realize, "Freeza is the best villain in the series with no doubts." So awesome...

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:48 pm

I totally agree with you guys.Live performance here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzszUHPCiWE \*O*/
That said...I'm not sure that Yamamoto is the composer of this song.If one of us knows something about that... :eh:

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:30 pm

I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:46 am

As some people have already pointed out, that's Only a Chilling Elegy by Demon Kakka and NOT Yamamoto's composition.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:01 am

I forget the name but my favorite is that one kinda overused piece that was most notably used during Goku's first Super Saiyan transformation. Even though that one is my favorite, "For those who meet their end" is the one I listen to most though.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:54 am

Although I didn't get to watch it with Yamamoto I do love some of the insert songs that remain. Songs like Super Dragon Soul and Only a Chilling Energy really shine compared to the repetitive Kikuchi placement that's present most of the time. I like how there's electric guitars used in those songs. That's the kind of music the Z portion of the story should have.