SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell?

Post by Eclipse » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:46 pm

Ok, I was searching around the Windows Media Player guide for some Dragon Ball music, like I sometimes do, when I came upon a "SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell". After downloading it, it doesn't sound like an in-anime song. There's no artist (simply entitled 'DragonBallZ'), and I think it might have been retitled as I haven't found it in the Music Database as of now.

Being able to upload it, I have a download link so you guys can help me figure out what the song actually is
http://twistedminds.x3gen.com/DBZ_SSJ2_ ... t_Cell.mp3

Miesteron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Miesteron » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:05 pm

That song has been floating around with that name for ages. All it is is Perfect Cell / Freeza's theme from Ultimate Battle 22. I believe it was used in another game, too.. Final Bout maybe? I can't remember.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:49 pm

Question: Is this a re-done song? All I can say is that I'm pretty sure Ultimate Battle 22's music wouldn't be 128 Kpbs and sound...like this. :D

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:28 am

I think it is Ultimate Battle 22, and it's not in Final Bout as far as I remember.
It might be the soundtrack version of the song, as you're right, this isn't the version that's in the game.

I know Final Bout's soundtrack is higher quality than the in-game versions.
At least, I think I know. :oops:

BlaZin

Post by BlaZin » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:40 am

A similar song is used in the actual fight between SSj2 Gohan and Perfect Cell in the anime. Well the intro, and maybe first half of the song sound similar. Perhaps Faulconer sampled that track for the dub.

Miesteron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Miesteron » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:14 pm

That's definately the in-game version. I popped in my copy of UB22 to be certain. It's probably a higher quality because it came off the soundtrack, or it was a clear rip (the quality on the in-game music is pretty good), that's all.