Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Shiyonasan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:51 am

Bansho64 wrote:Next!
Dragon Ball Z Valencian Opening
It's an okay unique take on Cha-La Head-Cha-La. The singing is alright accompanied by the slightly sped up instrumental track. In my opinion, the best part of it is how they mixed up the placement of the lyrics compared to the original song.

Next: Power of Smile

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Doctor. » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:30 pm

It's alright. Not one of my favorites from the Hits, but not a bad one either. The singer definitely has a good voice, but I think the tune could do with some work.

Next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRFJrXkk3iM

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7854
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:42 pm

Doctor. wrote:It's alright. Not one of my favorites from the Hits, but not a bad one either. The singer definitely has a good voice, but I think the tune could do with some work.

Next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRFJrXkk3iM
One of the best pieces of music from the new arc which really sets the mood for the bleak landscape of the Future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC5xVrXJgyY
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:31 pm

This track. Just, this. The longer portion of it is eerie, ominous, and epic all at once. The chorus is definitely a "Hakai" moment. One of the best tracks in Super for sure. :clap:

Next:
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - Title Screen / Character Select
MyAnimeList | Naruto Forums
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7854
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:09 pm

Anime Kitten wrote: This track. Just, this. The longer portion of it is eerie, ominous, and epic all at once. The chorus is definitely a "Hakai" moment. One of the best tracks in Super for sure. :clap:

Next:
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - Title Screen / Character Select
I liked the first games better, this just sounds like a lot of loud, generic rock music that kinda gets on my nerves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOjlr42RVjg
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
MarCas92
Regular
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: U.S/Mexican Border
Contact:

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by MarCas92 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:38 pm


Probably my favorite redone piece by TFS. Might be my favorite version of this piece period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3tI1Q1fqmc

I think this is the last time until "Yo!" That we hear any variation/motif of Makafushigi Adventure.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Menacing and icy, just like that scene. It's perfectly terrifying and creepy at first, but starts building up into worry at the end. It's one of my favorite tracks from that movie. Then again, everything in the movie was spectacular, in my opinion.
Next!
Dragon Ball Z- El Poder Nuestro Es!!

User avatar
Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:49 pm

The opening I like the least in the franchise, the tone of the singer is not energetic enough.

NEXT!: Angeles Fuimos
"The Time of Birth has Come, I Am The Remedy of Eternity.”
“The Time of Crowning has Come, I Am The Begining of Eternity."
"The Time of Parting has Come, I Am Who Lets Go of The World"

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: NEXT!: Angeles Fuimos
Eh, it's alright. The singer's got a beautiful voice. And, the piano player is great. But, I'm not a fan of the tone. Maybe it's because of my exposure to the original, but I expect the song to be a little happier and more energetic.
NEXT! Brazilian Dragon Soul

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Doctor. » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: NEXT!: Angeles Fuimos
Eh, it's alright. The singer's got a beautiful voice. And, the piano player is great. But, I'm not a fan of the tone. Maybe it's because of my exposure to the original, but I expect the song to be a little happier and more energetic.
NEXT! Brazilian Dragon Soul
It's decent enough. The singer's voice is pretty good, the lyrics aren't bad, but it's missing something probably because I despise the Brazilian accent.

Next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuPEdEJf7Nc

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7854
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:34 pm

Doctor. wrote:It's decent enough. The singer's voice is pretty good, the lyrics aren't bad, but it's missing something probably because I despise the Brazilian accent.

Next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuPEdEJf7Nc
Like a lot of the Kai 2014 OST, I've come to really, really like this song. It gives a sense of epic scale that greatly enhanced Vegetto vs Zamasu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOjlr42RVjg
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:24 pm

I really like this. It's very cool and I loved how it was placed in the Abridged episode with Trunks and Cell. Very powerful and moving.
NEXT!
Dragon Ball Catalan Opening

User avatar
Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:49 pm

Bansho64 wrote: NEXT!
Dragon Ball Catalan Opening
I like the tempo in this version it´s somewhat more upbeaten than the original JP version.

NEXT: Dragon ball gt piano very beautifull
"The Time of Birth has Come, I Am The Remedy of Eternity.”
“The Time of Crowning has Come, I Am The Begining of Eternity."
"The Time of Parting has Come, I Am Who Lets Go of The World"

User avatar
simtek34
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Mount Paozu (Twin Cities, MN)
Contact:

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by simtek34 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Bansho64 wrote: NEXT!
Dragon Ball Catalan Opening
I like the tempo in this version it´s somewhat more upbeaten than the original JP version.

NEXT: Dragon ball gt piano very beautifull
Beautiful, one of the best versions of the song i've heard!

Now how about one of the worst parts of Kai 2014, this song...
I like the song, but lots of people hate it. Can somebody find a version without the dialogue, or is this song unreleased on the KaiTFC OST?
Last edited by simtek34 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:43 pm

I like it, catchy! I do wish it was an actual song, but I still like the instruments. 8.5/10.

Next:
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - Sky / Beerus' Theme
MyAnimeList | Naruto Forums
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:51 pm

Pretty decent track. It reminds me of old-school RPG music like Nobuo Uematsu's music in Final Fantasy or Motoi Sakuraba's music in Baten Kaitos and the Tales games, especially with the lively keyboard organ and guitars. Very appropriate for a serious fight against Beerus.

Next:
Message From the Future

User avatar
WobbuSleuth
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:06 am

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by WobbuSleuth » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:14 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:
Pretty decent track. It reminds me of old-school RPG music like Nobuo Uematsu's music in Final Fantasy or Motoi Sakuraba's music in Baten Kaitos and the Tales games, especially with the lively keyboard organ and guitars. Very appropriate for a serious fight against Beerus.

Next:
Message From the Future
Very beautiful song. Despite the fact that I don't strongly associated that this kind of music with DB.

Next:
Chousenjou
Sorry for my bad english. )=

User avatar
Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:48 pm

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:33 am

WobbuSleuth wrote:Next:

Very beautiful song. Despite the fact that I don't strongly associated that this kind of music with DB.

Next:
Chousenjou
I really like the instrumentation and the overall dance vibe, even if the song itself feels a bit slow/repetitive to me.

Like That Cloud

User avatar
PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:44 am
Location: NJ

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by PelicanDynasty » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:48 pm

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:
WobbuSleuth wrote:Next:

Very beautiful song. Despite the fact that I don't strongly associated that this kind of music with DB.

Next:
Chousenjou
I really like the instrumentation and the overall dance vibe, even if the song itself feels a bit slow/repetitive to me.

Like That Cloud
Good song, but if I listen to it alone (as in not as BGM) it kinda brings me down. Not quite sure how to describe it :/

Next: Dragon Ball Opening Song from the Latino dub

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:46 pm

Pretty good.
The vocals are energetic and lively, the original instrumental track is kept, and it's translated pretty well! There could be more enthusiasm in the singer's voice, and I don't think it's quite as good as Hiroki Takahashi's original voice, but it still sounds really good.
Next!
Unmei No Hi (Catalan Version

Post Reply