Garlic Jr. Transformation BGM

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kirkywirky

Post by kirkywirky » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:20 am

I love this BGM... unfortunately it's not found on ANY of the DBZ BGM CDs. So I guess posting a link to this BGM is an exception? Just wanted to share. Enjoy!

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:38 am

Are you sure it's not on the CDs? It's got to be on the Dead Zone OST, but I could be wrong about that.

kirkywirky

Post by kirkywirky » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:03 am

nope it's not on the CDs. even kenisu's BGM Documentation can attest to that.

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:42 am

It could be in Volume 1 of the movie BGM cds:

http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/music/ ... usic.shtml

Can't be sure since I don't have this CD.

kirkywirky

Post by kirkywirky » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:11 pm

i cant be sure though.. i dont own Ongakushu Vol. 1 myself.. but I'm optimistic that it's not there seeing as in Kenisu's BGM Documentation.. the Garlic Jr. Transformation BGM is not found on any DBZ CDs... that documentation was really a great help to me!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:43 pm

kirkywirky wrote:i cant be sure though.. i dont own Ongakushu Vol. 1 myself.. but I'm optimistic that it's not there seeing as in Kenisu's BGM Documentation.. the Garlic Jr. Transformation BGM is not found on any DBZ CDs... that documentation was really a great help to me!
Please re-read the forum rules. I cleaned up the first post in this thread, but I absolutely will not clean up all of your other posts. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:09 pm

I think it might be part of the track for Movie 1's background music in the 5 disc BGM Daizenshuu set.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm

Tsukento wrote:I think it might be part of the track for Movie 1's background music in the 5 disc BGM Daizenshuu set.
Nope. The track on the 5-CD-set and the new BGM collection is identical. The Ongakushû's version is slightly longer, but it still doesn't have that piece.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kirkywirky

Post by kirkywirky » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:51 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
kirkywirky wrote:i cant be sure though.. i dont own Ongakushu Vol. 1 myself.. but I'm optimistic that it's not there seeing as in Kenisu's BGM Documentation.. the Garlic Jr. Transformation BGM is not found on any DBZ CDs... that documentation was really a great help to me!
Please re-read the forum rules. I cleaned up the first post in this thread, but I absolutely will not clean up all of your other posts. Thanks!
got it! :)

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:48 pm

Kenisu's documentation only covered one cd set if I'm not mistaken. But anyway as Mike said it's not on the movie soundtrack either.

Bummer. :cry:

kirkywirky

Post by kirkywirky » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:02 pm

Adnan wrote:
Kenisu's documentation only covered one cd set if I'm not mistaken. But anyway as Mike said it's not on the movie soundtrack either.

Bummer. :cry:
another marvelous track that didn't make it was the "Garlic Jr.'s Castle" (accdg to the documentation)... that music was played all over the series, especially before an episode ends or before an episode cuts to a commercial.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:09 pm

kirkywirky wrote:another marvelous track that didn't make it was the "Garlic Jr.'s Castle" (accdg to the documentation)... that music was played all over the series, especially before an episode ends or before an episode cuts to a commercial.
I've already warned you once in this thread, and you even acknowledged it. If you're not going to type properly, you can't continue to post here. Please capitalize.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Mon May 01, 2006 11:56 pm

Wow, I'm really glad that people really are using my documentation!! For a good long while there I was certain I only had a couple of visitors just checking things out, but this is really heartening.
My old documentation, before I switched to the more informative chart format (go here for the documentation-by-BGM-piece-and-movie - though I still need to add Movie 12 now that I've done the notes on that, and here for what I have on the BGM-by-episode), did in fact only give you incomplete info on which pieces appeared in which episode - and even then, I didn't really identify the pieces, only one of the CDs they could be found on if any - whereas this new format tells you which scene it appears in, the M-number if available (used by the composer to organize the pieces), my personal fan-title of the piece (except in the cases of Movies 10, 11, and most of Movie 8, where those pieces *do* have an official individual title), and which tracks it appears on on which CDs. If the text is red, that means the piece has never been released on CD.
I honestly have not abandoned my project. Things have just been terribly hectic lately and I sometimes can't even bring myself to whip out the ol' tattered notebook and pop in the DVDs. Add that to the huge workload I've been getting at my job now that spring is upon us, and my fingers begin to ache for the pen and DVD remote (and iPod at the ready for those BGM pieces I can't immediately identify). I started this project actually a considerably long time ago, for my own amusement/satisfaction, and it was only a couple of months ago that I decided to let the DBZ community in on it (I mean, heck, what good is it going to do if other fans can't use it?). Honest, I really am serious about finishing this. I have plenty of episodes in my notebook that just haven't made it to HTML format yet.

"Garlic Jr.'s Castle" is the one that A LOT of fans wish was on CD (myself included), and I'm afraid that "Garlic Jr. Transforms" is also a lost piece. On the subject of the latter, I would like to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one who's verbally stated their desire to hear this one released on CD. I love the suspense and buildup it expresses.

And by the way, if you want to know about what else I've been working on, I suppose I could let you in on a little secret.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

kirkywirky

Post by kirkywirky » Tue May 02, 2006 5:29 am

VegettoEX wrote:
kirkywirky wrote:another marvelous track that didn't make it was the "Garlic Jr.'s Castle" (accdg to the documentation)... that music was played all over the series, especially before an episode ends or before an episode cuts to a commercial.
I've already warned you once in this thread, and you even acknowledged it. If you're not going to type properly, you can't continue to post here. Please capitalize.
I'm sorry sir. I didn't think that my capitalization was my offense. I tend to overlook those things. I apologize.
kenisu3000 wrote:Wow, I'm really glad that people really are using my documentation!! For a good long while there I was certain I only had a couple of visitors just checking things out, but this is really heartening.
Yes. The moment I saw that documentation, I really found it useful. I am also an avid fan of Dragonball's BGMs (I love it more than the DBZ songs).
kenisu3000 wrote:"Garlic Jr.'s Castle" is the one that A LOT of fans wish was on CD (myself included), and I'm afraid that "Garlic Jr. Transforms" is also a lost piece. On the subject of the latter, I would like to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one who's verbally stated their desire to hear this one released on CD. I love the suspense and buildup it expresses.
I agree! Garlic Jr.'s Castle and Transformation BGM both have gotten to my brain since I first heard them and kept playing over and over again (in my brain, at least). Too bad they were not on the CDs. But of course, if you legitimately own Dragonball Z DVDs, you can always find them, get clear pieces of them and patch them altogether.

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Tue May 02, 2006 3:40 pm

And by the way, if you want to know about what else I've been working on, I suppose I could let you in on a little secret.
The original Dragon Ball is so full of unreleased BGM tracks that it's a pity. There's still a possibility of getting a Dragon Ball BGM Collection to go with last February's Z set though.