DragonBall Symphonic Adventure

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Re: DragonBall Symphonic Adventure (2017)

Post by Black_Liger » Sat May 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Absolutely Mesmerizing, They even tried to give it that "Kikuchi" sound to the instruments.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sun May 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Wow. Girlfriend and I had these on the background while we made breakfast this morning, and during some of those DB sound samples and seeing some of the scenes playing on the screen, I lost it for a little bit. Such a beautiful orchestral arrangement.

Don't think something like that would likely happen here in the States, but I would literally throw my wallet at them to convince them.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sun May 07, 2017 4:41 pm

I'd buy a CD or DVD release of this concert, just sayin'.

Absolutely wonderful stuff.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Holy black on a Popo, this is absolutely goddamn brilliant. My Kikuchi fanboy senses are just exploding with this. When and where the hell did this happen? Why haven't we heard about it until now? Is there sheet music for it? If so, I will pay whatever the fuck it takes to get it. My calloused musician fingers will grasp the sheet music and never let go.
God, I'm sorry but I'm flipping out here because I'm so glad that there's an adequate musical arrangement of Kikuchi BGMs that's being performed and loved by many. My only complaint is the percussion arrangement, something Kikuchi excelled at but the arranger doesn't seem to be able to grasp.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Mon May 08, 2017 3:42 pm

I watched all the videos available... All the lovers and haters of Kikuchi should watch the entire concert. Lovers will go crazy, haters will change their mind.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

If this will not be released... if this wasn't recorded... it's only 1 699 km from my home to Paris, straight road or plane - I will go and tell them what I think about it.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 08, 2017 6:20 pm

I wasn't aware how badly I needed this until I saw it. Especially the gift that is Takahashi singing some of the songs that Kageyama did (still a little miffed at how much credit Kageyama gets as 'the DBZ guy' when Takahashi was there first...and the fact that I tnd to like his songs better, but eh). I would LOVE for this to get a higher-quality recording for a CD release.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue May 09, 2017 5:49 am

This is absolutely incredible. I wish I could witness this live.

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Tue May 09, 2017 3:51 pm

It's amazing, the music already lends itself so well to orchestra but the arrangements here are so good, they keep all the quirks of the original, the guitar, the vibraslap it's all there! It reminds me of the Zelda symphony they did for the 25th anniversary which I was fortunate enough to go to in London at the time. However just like at that concert you have a lot of excited fans who cheer so loud they drown out the orchestra while they're playing. This is tolerable because it's people enjoying themselves and part of the fun, I'd rather they wouldn't because it's an orchestra in a theatre not an outside rock concert, but I'm not gonna stop them. However, one huge exception is that at some points when villains show up the crowd boos out loud, that is not okay, even though they're booing for what's on the screen they're also booing to the orchestra that's right in front of them. You don't boo while an orchestra is playing. That's so inconsiderate and rude, even if the orchestra knows why they're doing it, booing is such an unpleasant and unnecessary thing to do.

Anyway I really hope they take this show on the road and bring it to London at some point I would love to see it, I hope they also release a CD of proper recordings of these performances and hopefully it won't just be a limited release if they do it. I hope the fact that DBZ aired with a different OST doesn't stop them from bringing it to English speaking countries...

I don't even feel like complaining that they used cropped Funi Blu Rays for DBZ footage, that's how good this is.
Last edited by Deathbringer on Tue May 09, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Tue May 09, 2017 4:17 pm

As unlikely as it is for something like this to happen here in the US, it would be my dream to go to this. Kikuchi's music is one of the best parts of Dragon Ball to me.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Tue May 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:As unlikely as it is for something like this to happen here in the US, it would be my dream to go to this. Kikuchi's music is one of the best parts of Dragon Ball to me.
Imagine if FUNimation would make different decisions, chances would be much bigger...

http://www.jasrac.or.jp/ejhp/about/award33.html
http://www.jasrac.or.jp/ejhp/about/pdf/2015awards_3.pdf

Shunsuke Kikuchi-sama would receive international awards each year :D

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Kojiro Sasaki wrote:
Footlong Shoe wrote:As unlikely as it is for something like this to happen here in the US, it would be my dream to go to this. Kikuchi's music is one of the best parts of Dragon Ball to me.
Imagine if FUNimation would make different decisions, chances would be much bigger...

http://www.jasrac.or.jp/ejhp/about/award33.html
http://www.jasrac.or.jp/ejhp/about/pdf/2015awards_3.pdf

Shunsuke Kikuchi-sama would receive international awards each year :D
If it was up to me, we'd all bow down to images of Kikuchi-sensei and "O Canada" would be replaced by Makafushigi Adventure.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Wed May 10, 2017 8:14 pm

floofychan333 wrote:If it was up to me, we'd all bow down to images of Kikuchi-sensei and "O Canada" would be replaced by Makafushigi Adventure.
The original composer of Makafushigi Adventure! is Takeshi Ike (池 毅) :P

(but the orchestral versions were arranged, of course, by Kikuchi-sama)

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Kojiro Sasaki wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:If it was up to me, we'd all bow down to images of Kikuchi-sensei and "O Canada" would be replaced by Makafushigi Adventure.
The original composer of Makafushigi Adventure! is Takeshi Ike (池 毅) :P

(but the orchestral versions were arranged, of course, by Kikuchi-sama)
Well, yeah, but it's the Kikuchi variations that are awesome and since I can't recall him writing any non-instrumental pieces (save a couple choral pieces) then I really don't know what else to do.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:46 am

What would be equivalent to this in the USA if it did happen? Where would it be hosted at?

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu May 11, 2017 10:38 am

I'm tearing up listening to these renditions and the footage playing in the background. Kikuchi's compositions given their MUCH overdue attention makes my heart soar. Hiroki Takahashi's vocals were a great surprise and the audience is really well informed too! Knowing when to sing, clap and cheer are all excellent traits.

Needless to say, I am pining for an official release of this concert. It's everything I ever wanted.

EDIT 1: Their rendition of the Prologue/Subtitle theme just gave me CHILLS.
EDIT 2: Goku's Super Saiyan transformation is something to behold. They really know their audience!
EDIT 3: Alright, last edit - I promise. I really appreciate the sound effects played. Trunks' sword clanging into place was CHOICE.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:14 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
What would be equivalent to this in the USA if it did happen? Where would it be hosted at?
If this came to Carnegie Hall and I had an income/was living independently, I'd go to it then probably end up going all paparazzi on Takahashi's ass.

dr_raichi

Post by dr_raichi » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Hey guys ! With Genki and with other fans from France we were at the concert, we recorded the full concert and the producer Damien Maric (we met him after the concert) let us to "broadcast" the show.
So guys be ready to watch the full concert (2h35min) here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1hh3zHxeRA
Thanks to Genki who made this video for you the fans enjoy.
We had other friends who were at VIP corner and stay tuned because the had a lot a things about the backstage, you can follow them on twitter @db_times or @OfficialDBU
I will share their backstage stuff here (if this one is not deleted lol) :lol: