DragonBall Symphonic Adventure

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

screamingtrees

Re: DragonBall Symphonic Adventure (2017)

Post by screamingtrees » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
Kojiro Sasaki wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:If it was up to me, we'd all bow down to images of Kikuchi-sensei and "O Canada" would be replaced by Makafushigi Adventure.
The original composer of Makafushigi Adventure! is Takeshi Ike (池 毅) :P

(but the orchestral versions were arranged, of course, by Kikuchi-sama)
Well, yeah, but it's the Kikuchi variations that are awesome and since I can't recall him writing any non-instrumental pieces (save a couple choral pieces) then I really don't know what else to do.
Kikuchi-sensei didn't write a single vocal song for Dragon Ball AFAIK. But, you should really look into some of his other work. He DID write songs for Kamen Rider, Getter Robo, Wakusei Danguard Ace, Albator '84, and UFO Robo Grendizer (as well as the BGM for all that). Anyway here's a link to one of his Kamen Rider Skyrider songs http://youtu.be/9-GzYA9dxso

screamingtrees

Post by screamingtrees » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:08 pm

dr_raichi wrote:Hey guys ! With Genki and with other fans from France we were at the concert, we recorded the full concert and the producer Damien Maric (we met him after the concert) let us to "broadcast" the show.
So guys be ready to watch the full concert (2h35min) here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1hh3zHxeRA
Thanks to Genki who made this video for you the fans enjoy.
We had other friends who were at VIP corner and stay tuned because the had a lot a things about the backstage, you can follow them on twitter @db_times or @OfficialDBU
I will share their backstage stuff here (if this one is not deleted lol) :lol:
Taken down!!! :( Does anyone have a good set of mp3s?

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:47 am

This is great stuff, but I the thing I can't stand about these "nerd symphonies" is all the geeks in the crowd hooting and hollering every time they recognize something.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:00 am

Apologies for the late reply in this thread (I don't come around to this site as much as I used to), but that was an absolute pleasure and a blast to listen to and see. :D You can tell that they really put in a lot of heart and soul into this concert in the performance and the presentation.

As others have said, I doubt this would ever come to the US, but I would love to see this in person. It did get a bit obnoxious at times whenever they were showing footage on screen and you'd hear someone randomly yell out or the audience would yell over a part of a song, but regardless, it was cool to hear the audience participation and engagement in the performance.

Also, Hiroki Takahashi's performance was excellent as well. His voice fits surprisingly well with the songs Kageyama did.

I would definitely buy a CD release with this orchestra's arrangements.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:35 pm

DRAGON BALL IS FOOTING STAGE WITH 2 EUROPEAN CONCERTS
http://www.toei-animation.com/en/node/1882
Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure is the name of the latest DRAGON BALL concert, produced by OVERLOOK EVENTS. 70 musicians will interpret songs and music of the series, with anime most memorable moments projected on the big screen. The performance is going to take place in Barcelona, Spain, on March 3rd 2018, followed by another gig in Lausanne, Switzerland, on November 3rd 2018.
A large communication plan has been designed and activated (Facebook campaign, billboards, subway advertisings,…) since tickets can already be purchased.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Man, this is AWESOME. They even have Hiroki Takahashi singing in this. I wish I could go.... Why isn't this on CD!?!?
screamingtrees wrote:Kikuchi-sensei didn't write a single vocal song for Dragon Ball AFAIK. But, you should really look into some of his other work. He DID write songs for Kamen Rider, Getter Robo, Wakusei Danguard Ace, Albator '84, and UFO Robo Grendizer (as well as the BGM for all that). Anyway here's a link to one of his Kamen Rider Skyrider songs http://youtu.be/9-GzYA9dxso
He composed two DB songs: Muten Roshi no Oshie and The Son Gokuh Song.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:27 am

All the links are down, god dammit. Anyone know where I can watch it? Preferably somewhere else other than YouTube due to its compression but if not then YT will do.

Thanks.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

infermon

Post by infermon » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Shot Overlook Events an email expressing interest for the concert to come to the UK, not expecting a reply of any kind... and I got one.
Fingers crossed.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:12 pm

infermon wrote:Shot Overlook Events an email expressing interest for the concert to come to the UK, not expecting a reply of any kind... and I got one.
Fingers crossed.
And with soundtracks from Faulconer. LOL, just kidding! :lol:

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:40 pm

infermon wrote:Shot Overlook Events an email expressing interest for the concert to come to the UK, not expecting a reply of any kind... and I got one.
Fingers crossed.
It's something but I wish they'd choose a better country to perform at.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:52 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:
Fingers crossed.
It's something but I wish they'd choose a better country to perform at.
That's the kind of reasoning that'll keep Kai TFC and Super away from British airwaves... then again Super isn't that good, but still.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Fri May 11, 2018 8:37 pm

I like Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure, but the audience really only yell and clap for scenes on the screen sometimes.
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:28 am

IHaveNoUserName wrote:I like Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure, but the audience really only yell and clap for scenes on the screen sometimes.
As unfortunate as that may be, it's part of the live audience to clap, yell and make small comments while listening.

I love listening to the Smash Melee CD that I have but it's so annoying there's like someone coughing right before the tune starts and some baby making noise.. eh, these are customers who paid to watch it so can't fault them. They're viewers and listeners while we're just listeners.