Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (2017)

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1216
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (2017)

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:37 pm

From The J-Pop Exchange:
Interview with Norihito Sumitomo
A dynamic composer, Mr. Sumitomo composed music for Gran Turismo 5, several Dragon Ball Z movies, the TV series Dragon Ball Z Kai (Majin Buu Saga) and Dragon Ball Super. Additionally, Mr. Sumitomo has worked as a music supervisor for the movie Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20750
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (2017)

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:30 pm

I had no idea that Sumitomo spoke such fluent English.

Cool interview.

User avatar
TeeHallums
Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (2017)

Post by TeeHallums » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I had no idea that Sumitomo spoke such fluent English.

Cool interview.
Sumitomo actually schooled at Berklee School of Music, lived in America for a while!

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (2017)

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:12 pm

Terrible interview. Bad presentation, little interesting information, surprisingly good English. One of us should try to organize an interview with more interesting questions.
Retired.

User avatar
floofychan333
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1372
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:03 pm
Location: Edmonton, Canada

Re: Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (2017)

Post by floofychan333 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:51 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Terrible interview. Bad presentation, little interesting information, surprisingly good English. One of us should try to organize an interview with more interesting questions.
Good idea, but I would like to know how organizing an interview would be possible. How would you go about organizing it?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (2017)

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:56 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Terrible interview. Bad presentation, little interesting information, surprisingly good English. One of us should try to organize an interview with more interesting questions.
Good idea, but I would like to know how organizing an interview would be possible. How would you go about organizing it?
Hell if I know, I was just throwing the idea out there. I'm terrible at this kind of thing, but if someone is interested, I'm sure he has a public email, or social media, or something.
Retired.

sks*
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:49 pm

Re: Interview with Norihito Sumitomo (from 2016)

Post by sks* » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Jinzoningen MULE:

What questions would you ask or like to have someone ask Mr. Sumitomo?

I am pretty sure that was part of a larger show (radio broadcast) that had more information.

Post Reply