Can we talk about the Funimation Movie Soundtracks?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Can we talk about the Funimation Movie Soundtracks?

Post by NitroEX » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:08 pm

GhostEmperorX wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:20 pm For what the US was retroactively applying the process to, they were done by in-house talent. Meanwhile if you notice, for US animation intros, it’s usually never the same person or people doing an intro for more than one different series (it’s almost always a one-off thing).
I think that's because historically Funi just didn't want to spend much money on the series or movies. As far as I recall, it was only by DBS that we started seeing them outsource actors and singers, before then it usually defaulted to the cheapest local option which, a lot of the time was one of their regular actors. They did this with trailers too, the number of times I've heard Sabat's voice trying to sell me Dragon Ball merch just makes me facepalm. At least when Konami/4K Media did it with their Yu-Gi-Oh products they had the sense to use the voice of the main character.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Re: Can we talk about the Funimation Movie Soundtracks?

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:31 pm

NitroEX wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:08 pm
GhostEmperorX wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:20 pm For what the US was retroactively applying the process to, they were done by in-house talent. Meanwhile if you notice, for US animation intros, it’s usually never the same person or people doing an intro for more than one different series (it’s almost always a one-off thing).
I think that's because historically Funi just didn't want to spend much money on the series or movies. As far as I recall, it was only by DBS that we started seeing them outsource actors and singers, before then it usually defaulted to the cheapest local option which, a lot of the time was one of their regular actors. They did this with trailers too, the number of times I've heard Sabat's voice trying to sell me Dragon Ball merch just makes me facepalm. At least when Konami/4K Media did it with their Yu-Gi-Oh products they had the sense to use the voice of the main character.
Are you saying that Yamucha--whose voice kept trying to sell us Funimation merchandise--isn't a main character? Thas natt nais.