Did Kikuchi arrange A-1?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Did Kikuchi arrange A-1?

Post by Terez » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:59 am

A-1 is an instrumental version of Mystical Adventure! that seems to use the karaoke version from the single as a basis.

Mystical Adventure! (karaoke)

A-1 Mystical Adventure! (TV-Size Instrumental)

Did Kikuchi arrange the vocal substitution parts in A-1?

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Did Kikuchi arrange A-1?

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:00 pm

Terez wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:59 am A-1 is an instrumental version of Mystical Adventure! that seems to use the karaoke version from the single as a basis.

Mystical Adventure! (karaoke)

A-1 Mystical Adventure! (TV-Size Instrumental)

Did Kikuchi arrange the vocal substitution parts in A-1?
Unfortunately, I'm not a expert about Insert Songs arrangements, but I think that is true, the xilophone used to replace the vocal parts in A1 (I think it is a Xilophone, please correct me if I'm a wrong) reminds me very much a major part of Kikuchi's ost instrumentation.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:48 pm

Yep, it's xylophone, and Kikuchi does like to use it. It's not exactly an uncommon instrument, so I'm reluctant to hinge it on just that, but the performance also fits his studio musicians (not that it's super distinctive).

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:37 pm

That's the point
Also, can you send me a download link for A1? Bsk BGM World (the site where I download the BGMs) is currently not working for me :?
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.