Kikuchi's music from other series in Dr. Slump and DB?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Kikuchi's music from other series in Dr. Slump and DB?

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:01 pm

In episode 38 of Dr. Slump they used this soundtrack from UFO Robot Grendizer. It was in a scene where a family was watching something on TV but it had nothing to do with UFO Robot Grendizer.

Also, this soundtrack from episode 38 of Dr. Slump plays in the original DB. It was in a scene where they were thinking that Arale is dead.

I know that some soundtracks from Dr. Slump were used in DB when Goku was in Penguin Village but those episodes had to do with Dr. Slump while the scenes with Bulma from the first episodes of DB (where this track plays) have nothing to do with it.

I also know that they used this soundtrack from Tiger Mask in Movie 11 of DBZ. (I don't know if this comes directly from that anime or if Kikuchi recreated it)

Do you know any more instances where something like this had happened? Could some of the unreleased soundtracks of DB come from other series where Kikuchi was responsible for the music composition?

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Re: Kikuchi's music from other series in Dr. Slump and DB?

Post by GhostEmperorX » Mon May 03, 2021 11:55 am

(The topic didn’t get any replies so I think it should be safe to post one despite the age.)
I’ve seen stuff like this happen before but in a different company with different series and even composers.
Perhaps it’s more of a company or director thing, some tracks can be used across entirely different series if they’re made by the same company.