Rescoring?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MrBookNQuill

Rescoring?

Post by MrBookNQuill » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:41 am

So, I've noticed there's a lot of rescore projects out there, and then some randos just rescorin some stuff. My question is, and I hope this is the right place, there wasn't exactly any specific "Help" Thread, so I figured music would be right, but my question is, how does one rescore?

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Rescoring?

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:11 am

Well, from what I can tell, they usually use the DBZ English dub, separate the music from the speech and audio effects in the 5.1 channel (which can be done in Audacity), and place the new music alongside the rest of the audio.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:46 am

MrBookNQuill wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:41 am So, I've noticed there's a lot of rescore projects out there, and then some randos just rescorin some stuff. My question is, and I hope this is the right place, there wasn't exactly any specific "Help" Thread, so I figured music would be right, but my question is, how does one rescore?
A few years ago I rescored a ton of stuff with a particular version of Windows Movie Maker. However, I eventually changed laptops, and the new one didn't have that program.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

MrBookNQuill

Post by MrBookNQuill » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:52 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:11 am Well, from what I can tell, they usually use the DBZ English dub, separate the music from the speech and audio effects in the 5.1 channel (which can be done in Audacity), and place the new music alongside the rest of the audio.
Mk that makes sense, I know I'm not gonna get someone telling me the every step of the way, but I'm sure I can figure it out, especially if I can get some tips.

Not really sure how you separate Speech from Audio effects without ruining the speech sound itself, but hopefully I can figure it out.
Kakacarrottop wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:11 am
A few years ago I rescored a ton of stuff with a particular version of Windows Movie Maker. However, I eventually changed laptops, and the new one didn't have that program.
You can get WMM from Windows Essentials 2012

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:53 pm

I think they're on seperate channels. So if you open the audio file in Audacity, you'd see all five (or six?) channels. If it were a stereo track, it would only have two. Hm... They're linkt together, tho, so, like, you gotta seperate them. Click the track's drop-down menu, then click on the seperate option. From there, it's all pretty easy. ...Assuming the music is indeed completely seperate. I've never replaced DB's music, so I don't know myself.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

MrBookNQuill

Post by MrBookNQuill » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:02 am

linkdude20002001 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:53 pm I think they're on seperate channels. So if you open the audio file in Audacity, you'd see all five (or six?) channels. If it were a stereo track, it would only have two. Hm... They're linkt together, tho, so, like, you gotta seperate them. Click the track's drop-down menu, then click on the seperate option. From there, it's all pretty easy. ...Assuming the music is indeed completely seperate. I've never replaced DB's music, so I don't know myself.
Thanks for the tip but none of that really helped, still its appreciated, I've given up on this long ago. It seems IMPOSSIBLE to remove Music from Dialogue without ruining SFX and Dialogue.