DBZ music samples.

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

DBZ music samples.

Post by PurestEvil » Sat May 29, 2021 6:44 pm

First came Rampage by Kavinsky, now I found Interlude by Demon One sampling "Prologue and Subtitle II" from the buu saga.

Are there any other songs that sample DBZ music?
This post was brought to you by ้ญ”ๆ—

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: DBZ music samples.

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat May 29, 2021 7:14 pm

not quite music, but the opening track from Flamagra by flying lotus samples i think kabba from super doing a kamehameha, and it definitely samples the sound effect.

this one i'm not sure if it's dragon ball, but the song MAMI THE FOREVER by japanese break beat group traffic jammies, has a vocal sample at the start and thru out that sounds a lot like yuko minaguchi's pan, so it's maybe from GT ? i'm not sure, judge for yourself. tons of those type of bands use anime samples, so i'm sure there's one song out there that samples kikuchi or something. like this song is just a sample of a interaction between sailor moon and chibi moon from the 90s sailor moon anime over a funk beat.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun May 30, 2021 6:31 am

well sorry for the double post, but i was actually doing some digging on whosampled because this topic really interested me, and i actually came across the fact that MF DOOM did sample something from kikuchi's score. it's mullien from the special herbs releases, and it samples M1208 from the first coola movie. a lot of DOOM songs and that era of alternative rap already referenced dragon ball and anime as a whole, but it's really cool to see he actually sampled something from it, and in a really crazy flip too. through this research i also found out Danny brown sampled illusion from akira which is just awesome lol.

rest in peace to both kikuchi and DOOM, there's truly never gonna be another like DOOM.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sun May 30, 2021 6:38 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: โ†‘Sun May 30, 2021 6:31 am it's mullien from the special herbs releases, and it samples M1208 from the first coola movie
That is the best one I have heard. Thanks for that recommendation.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun May 30, 2021 6:55 am

yeah i really like it, wish DOOM rapped over it like he did for a couple of the random metal fingers/special herbs beats but oh well. it's really fitting that he did sample dragon ball at one point given how iconic he is to adult swim around-ish that era.

man i really like MF DOOM...

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:36 pm

I do this in my spare time!

https://soundcloud.com/funkdoc1112/sets/dbz-beats

(Though not in a while because I kinda burned myself out from it)
Soppa Saia People wrote: โ†‘Sun May 30, 2021 6:55 am yeah i really like it, wish DOOM rapped over it like he did for a couple of the random metal fingers/special herbs beats but oh well. it's really fitting that he did sample dragon ball at one point given how iconic he is to adult swim around-ish that era.

It was also used in the Nas/MF Doom remix project, Nastradoomus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A2sOS1R0Qw
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:26 pm

Hiphop is filled with them. Especially now that the genre is filled with a bunch of nerds who spent their days watching Toonami after school.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:14 pm

kemuri07 wrote: โ†‘Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:26 pm Hiphop is filled with them. Especially now that the genre is filled with a bunch of nerds who spent their days watching Toonami after school.
Do you know any examples?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:54 am

jjgp1112 wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:36 pm I do this in my spare time!

https://soundcloud.com/funkdoc1112/sets/dbz-beats

(Though not in a while because I kinda burned myself out from it)
Soppa Saia People wrote: โ†‘Sun May 30, 2021 6:55 am yeah i really like it, wish DOOM rapped over it like he did for a couple of the random metal fingers/special herbs beats but oh well. it's really fitting that he did sample dragon ball at one point given how iconic he is to adult swim around-ish that era.

It was also used in the Nas/MF Doom remix project, Nastradoomus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A2sOS1R0Qw
I really like the Crisis one. Fun stuff. I would prefer something like this, over the horrid Steve Aoki remixes from Xenoverse 2.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:41 pm