Documented credit for Faulconer Productions tracks?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Exor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Documented credit for Faulconer Productions tracks?

Post by Lord Exor » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:34 pm

Is there any place where I can find an index of tracks with the correct contributing artists listed? I would like to tag my digital albums properly, and while I have a vague idea of who contributed what, it would be nice to have a reference.
"My dear friend, how can I make this even more painful for you? I could crush your hands, rip off both of your ears, or maybe I'll just smash in your tiny little cranium. Ehehehehehehehe."
—Frieza

"Alright big guy, whatever turns you on."
—Frieza

Underscore_Johny

Re: Documented credit for Faulconer Productions tracks?

Post by Underscore_Johny » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:34 pm

So from what I understand you are looking for the specific musicians that were responsible for each track right? Well while I can't speak for all of the unreleased ones, there is a list for the actual CD releases. I think that it was compiled by Scott Morgan as it comes from his website but I am not sure. You can have a look at it here: https://mega.nz/file/fd4kkCRC#MIWNq_9_U ... bC_01QaE_E

Geekdom made a video going through the list himself a while ago if you want to check that out too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-fKNnCWusE

You could also ask Scott and Mike personally, from what I have seen they tend to respond to fans so maybe you could give them a shout!
My YouTube channel (for all things related to Dragon Ball music): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8u5b- ... hh72ZLKsQ/

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:16 pm

Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:17 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:16 pm Here ya go
Goddamn. Even though I don’t like the Cakemix studios music I really feel bad for Mike Smith composing 90 percent of the music so many people love and Bruce Faulconer, who seems to have contributed the least, gets all the credit.

At least Bruce Faulconer composed Ginyu Transforms. Good on him for doing one of the few pieces I enjoy.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:52 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:17 pm
jjgp1112 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:16 pm Here ya go
Goddamn. Even though I don’t like the Cakemix studios music I really feel bad for Mike Smith composing 90 percent of the music so many people love and Bruce Faulconer, who seems to have contributed the least, gets all the credit.

At least Bruce Faulconer composed Ginyu Transforms. Good on him for doing one of the few pieces I enjoy.
...and this is why I dedicated my Z Music album to Mike, even though no-one had heard of him at the time (2008) :)
Then people would try to give me credit for everything because I was the one trying to speak the truth and was putting new stuff online lol. Nooo, it was Mike! He shaped the sound of the "Faulconer" score from day #1. I mean, that's not to say that Julius, myself, and Bruce didn't have major impacts too. We did. I just think Mike was the main force having established the sound of the project from the very beginning and then getting to the opportunity to just write, write, and write.
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

Lord Exor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Lord Exor » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Really late response, but thank you so much! I always felt wrong not having the proper attribution on these tracks in my library.
"My dear friend, how can I make this even more painful for you? I could crush your hands, rip off both of your ears, or maybe I'll just smash in your tiny little cranium. Ehehehehehehehe."
—Frieza

"Alright big guy, whatever turns you on."
—Frieza