Is it even possible to come across DVDs of DbKAI with the original score?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Champion Vic

Is it even possible to come across DVDs of DbKAI with the original score?

Post by Champion Vic » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:15 pm

I bought the original Kai and and even the final chapters havent't watched them yet as I am watching the orange bricks first. I want to know when it comes to the first four seasons of Kai if it is possible to run across the DVDs with the original score and not the replacement they used after the copyright?

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Is it even possible to come across DVDs of DbKAI with the original score?

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:59 pm

You can...they just tend to be really expensive.

EDIT: You're more likely to find the DVDs for cheaper than the Blu-Rays.
Last edited by Demon Prince Piccolo on Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

BladeXRG

Post by BladeXRG » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:03 pm

Yes, you can, but you're better off just dealing with Kikuchi's score since they're overpriced.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:26 am

The Manga UK DVDs have Yamamoto's score for episodes 1-13 and 27-39. The Blu-Rays have the score consistently up until episode 39. They're the only in-print option, although the Blu-Rays in particular seem to be becoming harder to come across. Ironically base.com sells the Blu-Rays for cheaper than the DVDs, although that may be because the former sold decent, but the latter sold poorly.

In the US and Australia all in print copies have the Kikuchi score. Funimation's parts 1-3 and some copies of 4 can be found second hand with the Yamamoto score. If your getting Madman's release though, best to ask the seller beforehand, as it's been said parts 1-3 in Australia have been reprinted with Kikuchi's score.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: