Is there any song based on Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai Pawa?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BladeXRG

Is there any song based on Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai Pawa?

Post by BladeXRG » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:40 pm

Having songs based on "Makafushigi Adventure", "Romantic Ageru Yo", "Cha-La Head-Cha-La", "We Gotta Power" and "We Were Angels", I've always wondered if there is any song based of "Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai Pawa" on the Dragon Ball Z score? I don't recall any song based on that ending, which has always stranged me; if I'm wrong and there is in fact a track that's based on it, please let me know.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Re: Is there any song based on Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai Pawa?

Post by GhostEmperorX » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:01 pm

It doesn't seem like that one was on the menu order to re-arrange as part of the BGM tracks.
Probably because the rest of the Z OP's and ED's were performed by Kageyama while this one wasn't.

BladeXRG

Post by BladeXRG » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:34 pm

GhostEmperorX wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:01 pm It doesn't seem like that one was on the menu order to re-arrange as part of the BGM tracks.
Probably because the rest of the Z OP's and ED's were performed by Kageyama while this one wasn't.
That doesn't explain why are the tracks based on "Makafushigi Adventure" and "Romantic Ageru Yo" and not "Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai" though, since they were performed by Hiroki Takahashi and Ushio Hashimoto respectively. I don't know if it was a problem with the rights of it or simply just no one wanted to use it for anything else.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:15 pm

BladeXRG wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:34 pm That doesn't explain why are the tracks based on "Makafushigi Adventure" and "Romantic Ageru Yo" and not "Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai" though, since they were performed by Hiroki Takahashi and Ushio Hashimoto respectively. I don't know if it was a problem with the rights of it or simply just no one wanted to use it for anything else.
Could be that those are DB as well as the original OP/ED. Perhaps that's what makes them different, and that Z's first ED may have been more of an afterthought, especially if it didn't have as much of a standout melody as the songs that got re-arrangement tracks.