"The Coora Crew Heads For Kurilin-tachi" doesn't exist... as we know it

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BladeXRG

"The Coora Crew Heads For Kurilin-tachi" doesn't exist... as we know it

Post by BladeXRG » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:58 pm

When the "10 billion" Metal Cooras approach Kurilin and the group, the first two seconds of M1313A play. Kenisu listed it as a separate cue and added a note saying there are no differences between them, however after doing some research I came to the conclusion that it is, in fact, just a repeat of M1313A that's not labelled.

First of all, some of you probably know that there is a track in special 2 with the Coora leitmotif that plays when Gohan arrives. No track fits the ending despite being just 2 seconds long, and I remembered that replay of M1313A, so I asked myself "does this track fit the scene"...
Turns out it fits perfectly! It has exactly the same length as the scene, and the Coora leitmotif, so I decided to upload it and label it as M1317 (link); however this leads to another question: what are those cues that Kenisu labeled as such then?
Welp, 4 of those 5 times it's just M1313A (supposedly followed by M1313B, of course it's not since it's part of the same track); and the fifth time it's the unused cue from movie 6, the one that was actually (or at least I'm 99% sure) supposed to play when the Metal Cooras approach Kurilin and the gang and also plays during special 2. This is strengthened by the fact in the Drama Cassette of movie 6 this cue plays, and not M1313A.

If you're reading this, Kenisu, correct the first four instances of it + M1313B to just M1313A (oh, and also change the use of M1529B in episode 231 for M1529A). Much love, everyone.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "The Coora Crew Heads For Kurilin-tachi" doesn't exist... as we know it

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:20 pm

Well I've already told in ManuGem's thread what I think about this, again, I disagree and I do think M1317A does exist as a different track, reasons are in my reply in the ManuGem thread, but I'm just replying here because just now I could understood your comment on the drama tape, they use M1317B and not M1317A in the scene of Movie 6? Where can I listen to it?
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

BladeXRG

Re: "The Coora Crew Heads For Kurilin-tachi" doesn't exist... as we know it

Post by BladeXRG » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:42 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:20 pm Well I've already told in ManuGem's thread what I think about this, again, I disagree and I do think M1317A does exist as a different track, reasons are in my reply in the ManuGem thread, but I'm just replying here because just now I could understood your comment on the drama tape, they use M1317B and not M1317A in the scene of Movie 6? Where can I listen to it?
I can not share the audio extract but I can in fact share a link to a stereo rip from the drama tape (which lacks SFX and voices during that scene) to prove it was used.