DB Heroes Music feels more "Dragon Ball" Than Super?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PrinceVegetto
Beyond Newbie

DB Heroes Music feels more "Dragon Ball" Than Super?

Post by PrinceVegetto » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:49 pm

Is anyone else under the impression that the music done for DB Heroes feels more DB than Super's music?

I know they're different composers but I always felt Sumitomo was too bland for Super and had tracks that were generally forgettable. He eventually improved but I don't think he exceled in getting the feel of DB down.

hopjust602

Re: DB Heroes Music feels more "Dragon Ball" Than Super?

Post by hopjust602 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:58 pm

I disagree. For me, the DBS music is perfectly great while also Dragon-Ball like.
Case in point, Fierce Battle Against A Mighty Foe, Zero Mortals Plan, Genki Dama Theme, Fearsome Foe, Ultimate Battle, The Power to Resist, and Zamasu's Overwhelming Power to name a few.
However, I only watched in Japanese, so it might sound slightly different/worse in the dubs.
Most of those are from the second half of Super though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Heroes, however, has less appealing and less Dragon Ball (in my opinion)
Super Dragon Ball Heroes in specific has extremely unappealing music other than the UI theme and Universe Mission.

However, this is my opinion, so I might just have bad tastes
By the one and only, hopjust602. :D

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: DB Heroes Music feels more "Dragon Ball" Than Super?

Post by Trouser » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:57 am

Super has a few nice OSTs, but before Goku Black Arc everything felt so lazy and uncreative. After that we got few nice music bits and I have to say, "Ultimate Battle" is really good.

Soundtrack in Super Dragon Ball Heroes, in my opinon, is amazing, more serious but still lighthearted. "Go Beyond the Limits", "Awesome Opponent", "Power to Victory", "Counterattack", "Confrontation Of Critical Situation", "Proof Of Strength" and "A Heart That Never Gives Up" are the best pieces that comes to my mind right now.

But to each his own.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.