Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero - Complete Score Guide

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero - Complete Score Guide

Post by Rafa Fast » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:23 am

After rewatching Super Hero in the theaters, with a much better audio experience, I could finally make a analysis of the soundtrack and work in a score list that is much more accurate to what we hear in the movie. Unfortunately, this is the second time since Z Movie 13 that we don't get a 100% accurate DB film album score release, some tracks were edited in the movie and there's even a unreleased cue. In the right, inside the square brackets there is the Album track which corresponds to the movie cue. Inside the regular brackets there are the info on how the track sounds like in the movie, if there isn't anything, it's because the track was unchanged in the movie.

1. Avant Title [Album Track 1]
2. Magenta & Carmine [Edited version of Album Track 6] (The drums in the beginning are truncated and the track ends earlier at 2:43, considerable changes made)
3. Dr. Hedo [Album Track 2]
4. Hero Cue [Album Track 3]
5. Piccolo & Pan [Album Track 4]
6. Gamma 2's Arrival [Reprise of Album Track 5] (starting from 0:55, no essential changes made)
7. The Gamma Android [Album Track 5]
8. Red Ribbon Army [Possible Edited Version of Album Track 6] (Not enough info yet, but from what I could notice, the music cuts out at 2:03, then it returns after 48 seconds starting from 2:46)
9. Beerus' Planet Garden [Album Track 7]
10. Beerus & Cheelai [Album Track 8]
11. Goku vs Vegeta [Edited Version of Album Track 13 & 23] (It's mostly Album Track 23 "Super Hero", the part at 0:54-1:08 loops one time and the electric guitar is removed, at 1:24 there's a edited fade-out resulting in a abrupt pause, then the music resumes after 7 seconds but instead of Track 23, Track 14 "The Evil Organization" plays starting from 1:26, then at 1:46, returns to Track 23 starting from 1:44-1:54, with the electric guitar removed again, the first 7 seconds of track 23 are replaced by the first 7 seconds of Track 14 as well, and a new ending was composed to the track in the movie, massive changes made in general)
12. Shenlong [Album Track 9]
13. Piccolo's Plan [Unreleased Track]
14. Advice [Album Track 10]
15. Gohan vs Gammas [Album Track 11]
16. Awakening [Album Track 12]
17. The Evil Organization [Album Track 13]
18. Orange Glow [Album Track 14]
19. Magenta's Rampage [Album Track 15]
20. The Deadliest of All is Activated [Album Track 16]
21. Battle Against Cell Max [Edited version of Album Track 12 or 23] (It's Track 12 or maybe the second half of Track 23, considering it to be Track 12, the background beats from 0:39-1:01 and 1:33-1:55 are placed at 0:23-0:37, and at 1:02-1:30 there's a completely new electric guitar solo added, massive changes made in general)
22. Gamma 2's Resolve [Edited Version of Album Track 17] (The initial background instrument that is heard throughout the track until 0:55 is more audible, considerable changes made)
23. Mysterious Light Rays [Album Track 18]
24. Preparedness [Album Track 19]
25. Fight to Death [Album Track 20]
26. Climax [Album Track 21]
27. Towards Tomorrow [Album Track 22]
28. Super Hero [Album Track 23]
29. Bulma's Call [Short Reprise of Album Track 4] (for the Post-Credits Scene, no essential changes made)

Important Notes:
"Piccolo's Plan" is presumably the only track that is 100% unreleased, with the other ones just being edited versions of tracks that are already existent in the album, I have no idea why it wasn't included in the album, it's totally missing between Tracks 9 "Shenlong" and 10 "Advice", plays when Piccolo is telling about the Red Ribbon Army to Pan inside the Plane, definitely it's a track, doesn't sound like a SFX at all, the only reason that I can think of it for they not including this one in the album, is that the track is just way too simple.

Although there's no official info on it, it's pretty much clear that Track 23 "Super Hero" isn't what many people think, the track wasn't composed for the End Credits, since the movie doesn't have a vocal theme that could be used for the End Credits, they had to choose a random track to be placed in the Credits. There are two possibilities of what Track 23 is:
. It's a suite, a draft board made with the tracks composed in a single take to serve as a basis for the tracks that are going to be used in the movie, with this I mean, that Track 12 "Awakening" maybe was composed totally based in the second of Track 23, same for "Battle Against Cell Max".
. It's actually a mix between two random tracks from the score made to be placed in the End Credits, and they edited them to make it sound better for the viewer's listening, since it would end up being included in the album as well. One track that we know it was edited and placed for this is Track 12 "Awakening", which is the second half, the first half we don't know what track was used, it can be a Edited version of Track 13 "The Evil Organization", or rather, a Unknown Track that went totally unreleased, it's very possible to be the "Goku vs Vegeta" track, I'm going to talk about it in the next item.

"Goku vs Vegeta" has a strong likelihood that it's not just a edited version of Track 23, but actually a completely unique composition made for that fight scene, that ended being up a unreleased track, my theory is, they noticed that if they included this, Track 23 and Track 13 in the Album, then we would have 3 tracks that are very similar to the other, then that would sound way too repetitive, so to make it "better" for the listeners, they would have to cut off one of the tracks and include just two of them in the album, then they choose "Goku vs Vegeta" to be not included.

I wrote "Not Enough Info" in Album Track 6 "Red Ribbon Army" because I can't remember very well the changes to the track from when I went to the Theaters to watch the movie, and the recorded footages of the movie around the internet doesn't have a very appropriate audio quality for me to analyse it, so anyone that has any more info on the changes in this track, any help is welcome and appreciated.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.