DBGT Season 1, 5.1 surround effects trick

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:19 am

Based on the technique described above, I had a question. Let's say I wanted to rip the full, unreleased version of Gohan Angers from the dub episode "Awakening." The Japanese music track has one track that plays during this scene, which I'm pretty sure has been released. If I could match the released version of that track up with the Japanese audio track using the above method, that would leave me (at least in theory) with the voices and the sound effects. Then, matching these up with the Faulconer dub track would leave me with a basically clean version of "Gohan Angers." Is this correct?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:12 pm

xzero wrote:Based on the technique described above, I had a question. Let's say I wanted to rip the full, unreleased version of Gohan Angers from the dub episode "Awakening." The Japanese music track has one track that plays during this scene, which I'm pretty sure has been released. If I could match the released version of that track up with the Japanese audio track using the above method, that would leave me (at least in theory) with the voices and the sound effects. Then, matching these up with the Faulconer dub track would leave me with a basically clean version of "Gohan Angers." Is this correct?
I guess it's hard to rip SE and voices from that track because the musics in 5.1ch track are in pseudo stereo.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:24 pm

Maybe switch to the stero mix? Yeah in theory the cancelling of the Japanese music first could work. Hehe that's a lot of effort to try to rip a track!
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:10 pm

cRookie_Monster wrote:Maybe switch to the stero mix? Yeah in theory the cancelling of the Japanese music first could work. Hehe that's a lot of effort to try to rip a track!
Well, I'm done with law school for this semester in two weeks, so I need something to do over Christmas to take my mind off the hell that is exam time. I'll post my results if it works. Of course, if anyone out there wants to try first, don't let me stop you.

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:27 pm

Sudden idea!

Does this trick work with the music for the opening and ending sequences, too? I know it's unlikely, but it's always possible that they could have recorded surround sound versions of the songs with lyrics on one end and instrumentals on another. If it does work, then this could be a good way to mix the English vocals from the FUNimation versions of Dan Dan, Hitori Ja Nai, and Can't You See onto the original instrumentals.

Think about it--the ultimate song dub! It makes me all giddy. :D

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:37 am

You mean this?

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:42 pm

Puto wrote:You mean this?
Like that in concept, yes, but more proper in execution; you can still hear the FUNimation backing track on that version, for example. If we could rip the vocals solely, it could be imposed right over the original instrumental without any background noise. Presumably, the same thing could be done to all of the opening themes, which will result in a much more enjoyable dub of each song. ;)

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:35 am

Kei17 did something like that with Gino Padilla's English version of CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA. It sounded great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V8N1YVBFQs&fmt=22

Kei17, how did you get it so you can't hear the English version's backing track?
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:14 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:Kei17 did something like that with Gino Padilla's English version of CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA. It sounded great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V8N1YVBFQs&fmt=22

Kei17, how did you get it so you can't hear the English version's backing track?
I used karaoke version of the song posted in this topic.
http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=8752

Then, I extracted the voice by using the technique cRookie_Monster described here.
If someone could rip the backing track of the new dub song, I would be able to make the one.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:05 pm

Not to go too off-topic, but any chance you could post an mp3 with just the vocals of the english cha-la head cha-la? I'd like to try finding a higher quality version of the instrumental, and possibly recreate the echo effects in "Fly away!" and co.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Once the DB season sets come out, we can make a DB song with the original instrumental.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

ThegreatPirateKing
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThegreatPirateKing » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Ok recently I got my DBGT Season 1 boxset and let me say that whoever ripped the previous ones obvisously missed a lot things that you would of found quite easily.

1) The Opening and Endings have a really werid way of encoding that has the singing in the front channel and music in the other channels. This means you can get singer-only versions of these songs. I've already given these to Tsukento and he's made improved creditless versions on his new YT account: http://www.youtube.com/user/DragonUniverse If you want mp3s of just the singers, I'll happily upload them for you

2) The 5.1 channel thing does indeed give of a good encoding and sounds great. When the music is hopefully ripped, it should sound great :)

Also, my HQ mp3 encodes from the 6 channel audio file (320Kbps): http://www.esnips.com/web/FUNimationDra ... shDubSongs In this folder, along with with my HQ DB songs encodes.

ENJOY!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:19 pm

ThegreatPirateKing wrote:If you want mp3s of just the singers, I'll happily upload them for you
Could you upload it and also Hitorijanai plz? I'll make better ones