Favourite musician?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rory
I Live Here

Favourite musician?

Post by Rory » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Here's a question I don't see asked around a lot, who's your favourite Dragonball musician, and why? There are so many composers/singers for Dragonball now, it's hard to keep track, but from Shunsuke Kikuchi, to Hironobu Kageyama.. heck, even Bruce Faulconer, everyone has a favourite.
Mine personally, is Kenji Yamamoto, I absolutely adore his themes from the games, more so than Shunsuke's BGM music from the actual show (sorry if I just offended thousands)! Songs like Confrontation of Destiny really capture the essence of the rivalry between Goku and Vegeta, and all of his themes are really great, even if they don't always fit the characters.
What about you guys?

mrkaizoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by mrkaizoku » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:55 pm

Kageyama hands down. His music is amazing.

Wouldn't this thread make more sense in the Music section?
母しゃべる「ドッグチーズ」

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:48 pm

mrkaizoku wrote:Wouldn't this thread make more sense in the Music section?

I know, I realised this once I posted.. if could shift it, I would, but I think Mike has to..

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:02 pm

My favorite singer is easily Kageyama. No one can equal his voice.

My favorite composer is Kenji Yamamoto, because of his excellent compositions for most of the Dragon Ball video games. Dude has major talent!

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:48 pm

Shunsuke Kikuchi is my favorite composer. It's not because it's what's used in the Japanese version, I just like it because it's better in my opinion. I've never liked Shuki Levi's music or Falconer's music; it really ruined the show for me (not to the extent that it I hated watching the show, but still). I realized this through watching the movies. Movies one and two had Kikuchi's music and I was amazed as to how good they were. I didn't like movie three, which had it's music replaced (I didn't notice this though). Then I got the uncut trilogy set and for some reason, movie three was as good as the first two. Watching the edited version of movie three again, I realized the music was different and it was awful music to boot.

My favorite singer... I guess it must be Hironobu Kageyama. He rocks! Luckily he has TONS of Dragon Ball songs for me to listen to.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Hironobu Kageyama of course for my favorite singer. :wink:

My favorite composer is probably Shunsuke Kikuchi. I realize the more time I spend on these forums, the more time I'm starting to like the Japanese version of the show better....

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:36 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:the more time I'm starting to like the Japanese version of the show better....
One of us, One of us, One of us..

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:00 pm

Bruce Falcouner. All the way.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:18 pm

VenomSymbiote wrote:Bruce Falcouner. All the way.
-to the dump.

Kageyama, I often find myself blah-ing along to his movie songs.

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Mine would be Faulconer, Kikuchi, Tokunaga, Kageyama and Yamamoto... I seriously love them all. :D
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]