Episode #0242 (19 December 2010)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0242 (19 December 2010)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Episode #0242 (download MP3) (rss feed)
59:41; 96 kbps, mono; 40.9 MB

Episode #0242! VegettoEX and Hujio discuss the future of "DragonBall Kai" based on the recent news of "Toriko" taking its time slot on Fuji TV in April 2011. Is the show going to continue in any way, or is the refresh coming to a close? Lots of talk about DBZ Movie 1, some website projects in the works, and so much more rounds out the episode! Referenced sites:
More of a topic in here than we otherwise thought. Enjoy!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Episode #0242 (19 December 2010)

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:48 pm

Oh man, Mutchi-motchi's actor died?! Man, that sucks. He had a cool voice.

Yeah, I know what you mean for Gôri. Ishizuka's not bad with the role...but Gôri is the man. Hell, Gôri is every manly-man in Dragon Ball. The pain of tragedy never dies easily...

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:00 am

Hey Mike, was this the thing you're talking about with Goku describing the events of movie 12?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkyXwYKqCWE

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:02 am

I really enjoyed this episode of the podcast and your discussion on the future of Dragon Ball Kai. Also it was fun hearing about all your Dragon Ball Z movie 1 copies. I look forward to when you post the pictures of all your sets of DBZ Movie 1.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:05 am

I'm such a big fan of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai era that it definitely aided in how much fun Movie 1 (2 and 3 as well) was for me. I really like that hand-to-hand combat stuff. Also Goku using nyoi-bo. I was so sad when I first found out he no longer uses it after it becomes the connection between Karin's place and Kami's palace.

I've been lurking at the Arlong Park forums and their correspondent Greg (who I think used to be involved in DB to some degree, but I forget what it was he did, sorry!) answered a question about the time-slots and it's sounding like one of those topics that was off-limits at the panel.
Greg wrote:Nothing that I heard mentioned specifically. I know for a fact that Goku and Piccolo's VA (and one more I believe) showed up for a DB mini-stage at one of the game booths because I read an account of it but I don't think there was any talk about time-slots otherwise they would have been included.
Source: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=31174&page=2

I really want to see Kai make it all the way through to the end of Z. I'd be disappointed if it just stopped at Cell. It really would feel like an incomplete series to me if they don't include the Buu arc.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Chuquita wrote:I've been lurking at the Arlong Park forums and their correspondent Greg (who I think used to be involved in DB to some degree, but I forget what it was he did, sorry!)
He's kind of a big deal.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:48 am

Holy crap does that website bring back memories. I still remember reading his blow-for-blow rundown of the Goku vs. Freeza fight several times (with all of its Anime Labs "translations"), when he threw his Ginyu arc tapes down the stairs when Goku used the "next dimension" line for the first time in season 3, and when he actually suckered me into believing his April Fools joke about a live-action Dragon Ball movie (little did I know...).

Good times. I want to be 10 again, damn it!

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:55 pm

johnboy1 wrote:Holy crap does that website bring back memories. I still remember reading his blow-for-blow rundown of the Goku vs. Freeza fight several times (with all of its Anime Labs "translations"), when he threw his Ginyu arc tapes down the stairs when Goku used the "next dimension" line for the first time in season 3, and when he actually suckered me into believing his April Fools joke about a live-action Dragon Ball movie (little did I know...).

Good times. I want to be 10 again, damn it!
I'm glad he's still keeping his site up. I'm a sucker for nostalgia like that.