Episode #0243 (26 December 2010)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Episode #0243 (26 December 2010)

Post by ThunderPX » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 pm

Bura wrote:- A Dutch TV channel will announce that they're gonna air DragonBall Kai. But they will dub it in Dutch. @__@;;;
I sure hope not! Since every cartoon dub these days seems to use the same five irritating voice actors, that'd be the most annoying thing ever.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:58 am

My Predictions for 2011

-Dragon Ball Kai may change to a new timeslot or take a hiatus, but still continue to the Boo arc.

-Ultimate Budoten will be released, but do poorly in sales due to the release of the 3DS.

-The Jump Special and Eradicate remake won't recieve English dubs.

-A new special will be released in Japan.

-Viz won't release the Kanzenban or Daizenshuu.

-Raging Blast 3 will be released sometime late this year, ending the Raging Blast series of games. It will feature GT characters, a couple of surprise characters (maybe some henchmen), but no DB characters. Some characters will get shafted in the costume department again.

-There will be a port of Zenkai Battle Royale for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

-There will be no Burst Limit 2.

-Dragon Ball Online will not be released in Europe or the US, but new information about the game will come out.

-Dragon Ball Kai's English dub will continue to impress, with more recasting--most of them for the better.

-No sequel for Attack of the Saiyans will be announced.

-Some new information about how the Dragon Ball 3DS game will work, but no screens or name will be announced.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:02 am

I'm not so sure about Ultimate Butoden selling bad because of the 3DS. Considering the DS has an installed console base of 144 gajillion, and the 3DS just came out and some won't buy it because they just got a DS, I'd say it sell bad due to DB game oversaturation.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:49 am

Its not the like the 3DS won't have backwards compatibility, anyway.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Great Saiyaman I wrote:I'm not so sure about Ultimate Butoden selling bad because of the 3DS. Considering the DS has an installed console base of 144 gajillion, and the 3DS just came out and some won't buy it because they just got a DS, I'd say it sell bad due to DB game oversaturation.
When a new console comes out, if it's particularly successful, it overshadows the predecessor and support for it is dropped. Remember the GBA? Nintendo's president said that they wouldn't drop support for it, but look at what happened. The DS got so popular no-one even cared about buying games for the GBA and then they removed the GBA slot entirely.

Or Donkey Kong Country 3. It was released near the end of the SNES's lifespan, and got completely overlooked because of the release of the N64. I feel that Ultimate Budoten will share the same fate.

powerupguy
Beyond Newbie

Post by powerupguy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:40 am

I predict they will announce the Dragon Box Movies and then I will be stuck trying and failing to sell my steelbooks. sigh.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:49 am

You'll sell them pretty easily as a set. Considering they're all out of print at this point.

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Was giving this some thought, so I'll share my one prediction.

Dragon Ball Kai will be canceled. However, Toei will announce a feature film version of the Buu arc to premier later in the year. Now here's where we get into the crazy-kookoo part of my prediction...

The movie is going to feature one of the following things:
-a Kai-ified version of the entire Buu arc using their masters
-a Kai-ified version of the entire Buu arc using the Orange Brick video (explanation to follow)
-brand new animation, concluding with the Kanzenban ending

Now, as to why they would do a movie. I'm going with the idea that some people have said regarding Dragon Ball taking a long break; I really think a movie as the last hurrah before disappearing for a while would make sense, especially given the fact that the original seiyuu are getting up there with age. Perhaps as a nod to their work, as well as their fans, Toei would at least acknowledge all they've done with this as a send-off (almost a final goodbye) to the franchise.

As far as the Orange Brick video being used, I could only see it happening for two reasons: first, the obvious aspect ratio for a theater screen. Second, simply for extra funds. I wouldn't put it past Toei to see if Funimation would be interested in going halves (at the most) for the production of a Dragon Ball Kai movie. If that would be the case, Toei could further cut costs by using the "widescreen presentation" Funimation already went to the trouble of doing and using the extra cash to enhance the color and the quality.

And if we get new animation...well...simply put, that would be freakin' sweet.