Episode #0330 (14 April 2013)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0330 (14 April 2013)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Episode #0330 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version)
73:03; 96 kbps, mono; 43.5 MB

Episode #0330! VegettoEX and Julian give fandom a lesson in critical thinking with regard to new Dragon Ball announcements. There is always a random new rumor floating around, but we took the opportunity to break this one down - that Akira Toriyama supposedly appeared at a press conference to announce a new 200-episode series - to its humble beginnings and how a game of telephone can contort and twist misinformation into even worse misinformation. Referenced sites:
Enjoy!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hujio

Re: Episode #0330 (14 April 2013)

Post by Hujio » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:22 pm

Besides being fired, all I know is that when Julian was talking about the Chōgashū and then said "We don't know, it's a mystery", I said out loud in response, "It's a fantasy". This nerd moment has been brought to you by Kanzenshuu.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:59 am

Ugh, UnrealEntGaming. He posted this quote, un-quote review of Battle of Gods the day it came out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afqn4jXOS4s
It's obvious this video is just a big lie and so many people have watched it and "liked it". Gah! Why internet? Why? :cry:

Super Saiyan God
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Saiyan God » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:51 am

So, we will see SSJ 5 and SSJ 6. This is really greatest news as I've ever seem.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:55 am

You wrote this on the home page, too, and I can't tell if you're being silly or serious.

Please tell me you're being silly.

Because if you're being serious, it means the Kanzenshuu community has just as poor reading-and-listening-comprehension skills as what we're trying to talk about and help with, and that's a HUGE problem.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:24 am

Listening to how you tracked that rumor back across the internet was so cool. X3
That type of where-did-it-originate fact-tracking really interests me; very enjoyable.

Even though I haven't seen BOG yet, it's given me a lot of nice presents that I never thought I'd see (some examples: Vegeta's song and dance "show", Goku getting a super-cute-looking power-up) so if a new anything, be it a special, movie, or series, comes into existence some time in the future; I'd love for it to be in a similar vein to BOG. Totally felt audience-targeted by this movie the same way I did with the Jump 08 special; it's a fantastic feeling. X3

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:08 pm

I unfortunately had someone post that very meme (for lack of a better term) on my own personal Facebook page. I politely pointed out that pretty much everything after the first sentence was completely made up.

Something else to think about in regards to the 200 episode thing: at one episode a week, 200 episodes is nearly four years' worth of episodes. Nearly half a decade, all based on the success of a single movie in its opening weekend. If that's not a giant red flag then I don't know what is.