Episode #0334 (19 May 2013)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0334 (19 May 2013)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Episode #0334 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version)
44:03; 96 kbps, mono; 30.4 MB

Episode #0334! VegettoEX and Hujio dive into the timeline and history of the Dragon World in an attempt to figure out why just about everything in the series happens during the month of May. Does Toriyama hate winter, or does the Tenka'ichi Budōkai taking place in May just set the stage for the entire series? "Ultimate Mission" 3DS sales and your questions round out the episode! Referenced sites:
Enjoy! As a reminder, we'll be back next week with a non-numbered bonus episode.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Episode #0334 (19 May 2013)

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Dragon Ball Online has you covered already, kinda...

I don't know how this works out with Battle of God's recent reveal of the 12 Universes that make up the Dragon Ball franchise, but Dragon Ball Online says the universe has a storage system for alternate timelines called "Temporal Space". If the space is ever overloaded beyond its capacity, everything will cease to exist. The Temporal Space, and probably everything else related to time, is apparently overseen by the World King of Time (Kaiojikan). The game's original protagonist, Miira, stole the god's "Time Pass" so that his Time Breakers can travel to the past and wreak havoc; each time they travel back to the past and change things, they cause a new timeline to split off. So, to help prevent the destruction of the universe, the Kaiojikan recruited Future Trunks to stop them.

Since we know next to nothing about the deity, you could probably twist his control over time to include always making the events in Dragon Ball happen in May.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Re: Episode #0334 (19 May 2013)

Post by AlexFili » Thu May 30, 2013 7:14 am

Great podcast. I never thought about it before, but really there are few night scenes in most of Dragonball Z. The ones I remember most are from the Saiyan Saga when Gohan is training with Piccolo. I'm struggling to remember seeing Cell or Buu at nighttime. Also the only rainy scene I remember is in the History of Trunks special. What does everyone else think about this?