Episode #0001 (19 November 2005)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0001 (19 November 2005)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:50 pm

Episode #0001 (download MP3)
38:22; 64 kbps, mono; 17.5 MB

Our first attempt at a podcast! VegettoEX and Julian discuss FUNimation's upcoming box-set release of DB movies 2-4, Toei's upcoming DB & DBZ movie "Dragon Box" in Japan, and the new individual DBZ R2 DVDs. We brought in Justin (lost_in_thought) to discuss our feelings on Sparking! (Budokai Tenkaichi); now that we've had it for a couple weeks, what's left to do in the game? Referenced sites: Special guest: lost_in_thought

... aaaaand the fiasco begins... :roll: .... :D
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:13 pm

Hey guys, that was a great pilot to your podcast series, you both sounded cool and composed for your first effort on this, keep up the good work and I look forward to future episodes.
14 years later

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:16 pm

"You may know me from Daizen She-you E-X..." :lol: Ah, y'gotta love radio-hosts' vocal variations! I'm sure that's where Topher Grace models half his acting skills. "....Ehyes-yes." :lol:

Haven't finished listening to it; no time, but so far it's something else. Mind you I'm not a podcast-goer so I wouldn't know. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:29 pm

Okay, am I the only one who doesn't know what a 'podcast' is? I feel so out of it. I'm getting the file now, do I need iTunes or something?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:31 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Okay, am I the only one who doesn't know what a 'podcast' is? I feel so out of it. I'm getting the file now, do I need iTunes or something?
The main page of Daizenshuu EX wrote:For those who haven't gotten into them yet, a "podcast" is essentially a pre-recorded internet radio show. You don't need an iPod to listen; you can just download the MP3 and play it in any audio program, such as Winamp or Windows Media Player. When we get everything configured correctly, you'll be able to subscribe to an RSS feed that will automatically download new episodes for you as soon as they become available!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:33 pm

Nice podcast. And EX, I also liked the Budokai 2 story mode as well.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:40 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:Okay, am I the only one who doesn't know what a 'podcast' is? I feel so out of it. I'm getting the file now, do I need iTunes or something?
The main page of Daizenshuu EX wrote:For those who haven't gotten into them yet, a "podcast" is essentially a pre-recorded internet radio show. You don't need an iPod to listen; you can just download the MP3 and play it in any audio program, such as Winamp or Windows Media Player. When we get everything configured correctly, you'll be able to subscribe to an RSS feed that will automatically download new episodes for you as soon as they become available!
Now I feel stupid. :oops:

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:47 pm

I am listening to the cast now, and it's really well composed. I also dreading hearing my own voice. :lol:

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:14 pm

lost in thought wrote:I am listening to the cast now, and it's really well composed. I also dreading hearing my own voice. :lol:
You sounded cool, Justin, and I agree with you and EX on Budokai 3 being the best DBZ game for the Ps2, and virtually 90% of the rest of the forum feels the same way :P . A question that comes to mind for EX himself, what's up with that burp? Sounded like you had heart burn from a bad burrito, make sure to keep something to drink handy. :)
14 years later

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:30 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:You sounded cool, Justin, and I agree with you and EX on Budokai 3 being the best DBZ game for the Ps2, and virtually 90% of the rest of the forum feels the same way :P .
Thanks, I really tried to not fuck up. (Although about the time when we got onto B3, I am sure you noticed a little bit of a stutter there, when I couldn't get to my point, so Mike filled it in. My brain, and mouth were not in sync at that moment.)

Also, for observant listeners, near the end of my part of the cast, you might hear a bell. I was surprised when I heard it there, as I wasn't expecting it at all.
(The bell noise came from my cats collar, when she ran up to me whilest I was talking with Mike, and Julian. I am surprised my mic picked it up. XD)

Last Son of Krypton
Beyond Newbie

Post by Last Son of Krypton » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:52 pm

I don't know why, but I always pictured EX to have a deep voice. The pronunciation of Kaioken always bugged me, too. Good job guys. I look forward to future installments.

EDIT: About Tenkaichi. The hardest part about the game was remembering what the controls were. The battles were pretty easy. The only battles that took me more than one try were Goku vs Ozaru Vegeta, Goku vs Broly, SSJ2 Gohan vs Cell, and Majin Buu vs Kid Buu. All on normal difficulty. The Goku/Ozaru Vegeta battle had me so frustrated. Overall, though the game was way too simple and easy. 1 1/2 days to get everything. Give me Budokai 3 anyday.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:06 pm

Am I the only one whose internet refuses to recognize the existence of a file at the other end of the link provided in the feed?

This is too bizarre for words. :?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I figured it out. The link on the podcast page was correct, but the XML feed was pointing to the wrong directory. I fixed it, and now it works like a podcast RSS feed should. :D
Last edited by SaiyaJedi on Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Heritic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Heritic » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:17 pm

Well, that was really fun to listen to. One part that had me laughing was the message to Atari about the pronunciation of "Budokai". I'm definitely excited to listen to future episodes.

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:08 pm

Am I the only one whose internet refuses to recognize the existence of a file at the other end of the link provided in the feed?

This is too bizarre for words.
I just got a second blank explorer window so I had to right-click and "save target as". If that's anywhere close to what you get, then nope, not alone...

EDIT: Just listening to it now, nice cast guys! I get the impression that Julian is sitting in the background playing a game or something while still remaining concentrated and spouting DBZ-related info...lol.
Keep 'em goin!
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:36 pm

I thought it was pretty interesting. I'd love to hear another!

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:49 pm

The positive response to this cast rocks, and I am glad for it. 8)

Alchemist Ed
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alchemist Ed » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:20 pm

I really liked the podcast, guys. I hope you can keep doing it. You guys sounded like pros. :)

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:07 am

That's so not how I imagined Mikes English voice... :lol: Seriously though it was great, it's awsome to hear people talk about this kind of stuff, a first of its kind. Great, really great.

Edit: I'am I wrong or did a lot of people here think Mike was going to have a deep mean voice. I sure did. :lol:

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:14 am

Great Podcast guys! It sounds amazingly professional, considering who was on it. :P And yes, I too was thrown by the voices. :lol:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:39 am

I want a radio show! You guys need to take over radio.XP It was very well done and nice burping Mike. XD
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."