Episode #0002 (27 November 2005)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0002 (27 November 2005)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:07 am

Episode #0002 (download MP3)
39:03; 64 kbps, mono; 17.8 MB

Episode #0002! We briefly cover our "Tenka-ichi Budokai" pronunciation lesson from last week, and go on to discuss "Kaio-Ken" and its various pronunciations from the original Japanese and various FUNimation English dubs. Due to popular demand, Meri makes an appearance and discusses her favorite filler episode with us. We also go over all the latest releases in North America and Japan. Referenced sites: Special guest: Meri

Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the two episodes, now. Minor apologies in order for the somewhat varying audio levels in each segment. I still need to tweak with what our mic levels are going to be for a standard, and maybe invest in a better mic for myself (and get Julian and good headset).

But anyway, yeah!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:45 am

i liked it, the audio jumping up and down once in awile was somewhat annoying but you already explained that so, doesnt matter really

looking forward to the next one

Alchemist Ed
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alchemist Ed » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:46 am

Well, EX, I'm only a few seconds into it, but I'm loving it already! If I wasn't on dial up, this'd probably download faster.... Oh well. It seems like a nice lineup, and I'm a little excited to hear Meri. Now if it'd just hurry up....

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:03 am

BOO YOU SUCK, BRING BACK THE FONZ!!!

Just kidding. :P

Anyway, it was good. You guys get way into detail when you discuss things, and sometimes I zone out, but I think it's good on an overall level.

Also, I want to say hello to Meri on Skype, dammit!

GoLdEnOoZaRuBeBi

Post by GoLdEnOoZaRuBeBi » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:03 am

Good job, it was great. I can't wait for the next one!
Silent Rain

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:16 am

Very nice. And interestingly enough, Vegeta pronounced Kaioken correctly in the Ultimate Uncut redub.

Maleko

Post by Maleko » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:17 am

Good times, enjoyed both pod casts very much :) Keep up the good work
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step"

-Confucius

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:18 am

Good job on your second podcast! Can't wait for next week!

Also I'd like to say that with the podcast now available to a lot more people, and the fact that they have been invited to join the forum, be prepaired for lots of new members. And with that, you may have to do lots of rule-enforcing and possibly even banning. :wink:

cartoonboy

Nice Podcast

Post by cartoonboy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:07 am

i really enjoyed it. got annoyed how odvious the editing was but okay. can't wait till next weeks! :D BTW what happend to Meri? she kind of dissapeared!

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Re: Nice Podcast

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:18 am

cartoonboy wrote:i really enjoyed it. got annoyed how odvious the editing was but okay. can't wait till next weeks! :D BTW what happend to Meri? she kind of dissapeared!
Welcome to the forum, but I guess I should be the first to say, please give the Rules a full read through, you are a new member and all, but you're expected to read them just like everybody else. Sorry for sounding like a mod, I know I'm not, just thought I should get that out of the way.

Anyhow, on the thread topic, I'm currently DLing episode 2, though like Son_Gokou, I am also on the primitive connection speed known as dial-up. I'm currently DLing though, can't wait to hear it.

EDIT:

I loved the second episode, I think it may have been better than the first. Loved the discussions on "Kaio-ken", "filler", the most recent releases, and it was cool to get to hear Meri make a guest appearance. Can't wait for episode 3, you guys are kicking ass and I hope you guys keep it up. By the way, the name of Bulma's VA in the DB Movie 2 dub ironically wasn't Tiffany Volmer, it was actually a lady named Leslie Alexander, according to the facts she's listed in the dub's credits (not to mention she has possibly the screechiest voice of all the dub VAs), and I believe she also voiced blond Lunch, as both Bulma and Lunch sounded completely different than Monica Antonilia (I believe that's her name) who voiced Paur and good Lunch in the feature, as well as Celia Delina whom did Goku. Maybe I can get a shout out in the next episode for this revelation? :)
14 years later

Last Son of Krypton
Beyond Newbie

Post by Last Son of Krypton » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:47 pm

Good job guys. I liked the discussion about the pronunciation of Kaioken and your feelings about filler. I forgot what Corlett and Kelamis sounded like. After hearing their versions of Goku I can safely say they are leaps and bounds ahead of Schemmel. I didn't expect to hear my name during the broadcast, so that was nice surprise. Once again, good job.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:07 pm

Like Supes said, it was nice to hear the 3 voices of Goku. Usually the only time I compared any of them back to back was with watching the tv and video dubs of Tree of Might.

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:29 pm

Very nicely done, and I particularly liked the Goku voice actor comparison. Does anyone else think that when Peter Kelamis does Kaio-ken in World's Strongest, he says it in a very fitting Mosako Nozawa sort of way?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:44 pm

tarsonis wrote:Very nicely done, and I particularly liked the Goku voice actor comparison. Does anyone else think that when Peter Kelamis does Kaio-ken in World's Strongest, he says it in a very fitting Mosako Nozawa sort of way?
Indeed, I believe what was being done there was a cross between his "Rolf" range from Ed, Edd, and Eddy and a just VERY kick ass scream. Having Ian Corlett do the voicing for the dialouge, and Kelamis doing the ADR (screaming, fighting sounds, "KAIO-KEN!"), then dub Goku would own.
14 years later

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:57 pm

Indeed, I believe what was being done there was a cross between his "Rolf" range from Ed, Edd, and Eddy and a just VERY kick ass scream. Having Ian Corlett do the voicing for the dialouge, and Kelamis doing the ADR (screaming, fighting sounds, "KAIO-KEN!"), then dub Goku would own.
:lol: XD! I can actually imagine Rolf from Ed, Edd, and Eddy screaming Kaio-ken! :lol:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:58 am

Still loving it guys, keep up the awesome work! I just hope you dont run out of topics! xD
-Laserkid

MajinMetroid
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinMetroid » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:33 am

Enjoyed the first two episodes, looking forward to more! Feels like the first time I watched G4 (before they ruined it), it's exciting to hear people talk about Dragonball in this conversational manner. Also, am I the only one that was shocked that EX doesn't sound like Gendo? HaHa.

MajinMetroid
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinMetroid » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:40 am

Also, am I the only one that was shocked that EX doesn't sound like Gendo? HaHa.
K, just read the 001 thread, I know the answer.

M-Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by M-Vegeta » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:55 am

What amazes me most of all, is you're able to keep Daizenshuu EX and Dragonball fresh. While many DB/Z sites fall by the wayside because they don't step out of the box, or they don't strive to add some amount of newness to the Dragonball universe/their own website. Maybe it just comes down to your true love of Dragonball ... and how far you're willing to take it.

Oh, and Meri has a great voice. She should think of getting into broadcasting. :wink: :lol:

And I always though it was VegettoEX as in just "X," or EXit. I didn't know it was E-X, guess I'm just a tard, and I've been saying it wrong for like 8 years, now.

Anyway, keep it up, Mike. Very creative you are + staff.

By the way, VegettoEX, would you ever consider doing Dragonball Radio, or somethin' like this? Basically an on-line radio station that plays the music from the Dragonball/Z/GT series ... just a thought, might motivate people to go and buy the actual CDs and introduce them to stuff they haven't heard before.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:29 am

Meri should be an anime voice actress. Specifically for a teen Bulma, since the both put the V and A back into "VA," if you know what I mean. 8) :lol:

....Even I don't know what that meant! :?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.