Episode #0017 (12 March 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0017 (12 March 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:34 am

Episode #0017 (download MP3)
54:38; 64 kbps, mono; 25.0 MB

Episode #0017! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri give a fanboy and fangirl breakdown of all thirteen DBZ movies and their individual perks (or lack of perks)! News, lamest duos, releases, emails, and our contest round out the episode. Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the insane *seventeen* episodes, now.

An entirely fanboy-ish and fangirl-ish episode. Utterly silly rantings about the good, the bad, and the ugly of each DBZ movie. Whether it's dialogue, music, or sound effects, I'm sure to act like a moron and perform it for you, with Meri & Julian popping in when it's necessary to shut me up.

Meri's list of lamest duos, releases, and our contest round out the amazing episode :P.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:33 am

Nice Podcast, I loved the reviews, but I must say, you along with every other fan say they hate Movie 4 because it copies the King Piccolo Saga, yet you all love Movie 5 which is even more of a copying of the Freeza Saga. Given, I love Movie 5 & hate Movie 4, but I don't hate Movie 4 because it copies King Piccolo, I hate it because.....IDK...it just sucks.

Oh, also since you haven't seen Movie 7 Dubbed......Trunks acctually gives one of my favorite quotes in Movie 7.....he says to Android 13..."You Red Ribbon Redneck"....so there's the proof (for the dub atleast).
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:08 am

NO PANTS o_O! Oh well, I didn't wear pants when I listined to the podcast.

Julian had people dress him, and his feet are big. I FUCKING HATE MOVIE FOUR!

That covers everything I have to say. And if you were to know me in real life, this would be the greatest piece of text I have ever typed. That's my 2.1 pesos.
Even I became a loser when I made one of these...
http://www.myspace.com/randomvideosw00t

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:22 am

I loved dub Android 13. I think the redneck-ish accent they gave him made him sound funny (but made him OOC...but was still funny.) My favorite quote was "I was programmed to kill yo ass and that's just what I'm gonna do!"

And wow...I didn't even remember Raspberry and Blueberry...I actually had to look back and find that one episode. O___o

Great podcast. (No pants, eh? Well, pants are overrated anyway :P)

Babidi-Bibidi-Buu

Post by Babidi-Bibidi-Buu » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:17 am

Nice podcast guys. I really like Mery's list and are looking forward to the next list. While I'm not so fond of Dbz movie 4 i dosent hate it as much as other fans.
Yes, i know it is Bibidi-Babidi-Buu, not Babidi-Bibidi-Buu - I messed up when making my nick XD.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:35 pm

Movie 7 also had the cool fish jumping line. Good podcast. Skipped over thought s on the last 2 movies to avoid spoilers, but nice.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:39 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Movie 7 also had the cool fish jumping line.
Ain't in the Japanese verison, and ain't gonna watch the dub :). That seems entirely appropriate for a fan-parody, though.
Great Saiyaman wrote:you along with every other fan say they hate Movie 4 because it copies the King Piccolo Saga, yet you all love Movie 5 which is even more of a copying of the Freeza Saga
Oh, I agree and acknowledge this. The thing is, though... at least with Coola's storyline they *directly* and *appropriately* tie in the storyline they're "ripping off" by integrating it with some really neat retcons and such. There may be similarties, but it's not the EXACT same storyline with a different character; it's an enhancement of a pre-existing storyline.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Episode #0017 (12 March 2006)

Post by Dayspring » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:58 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I don't need no fanboy medicine because I don't know what It is!
:lol: Too easy. I'm not taking the bait. :D

Now put some pants on!
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:59 pm

The only thing I like about movie 4 and 11 was the exclusive end credit animation, especially movie 11 cause its the only time you will see Goten with that yellow and green outfit Gohan used to wear when he was a baby.

Hmm, maybe in the animation section of the site there could be an "Exclusive End Credit Animation" section? :lol: It'd probley be a lot of extra work though.
Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:48 pm

Alright, if no one else is going to say it...

When Mike complained about the DBZ-3 site not updating I almost peed myself. :lol: People in glass houses, Mike...

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:49 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Alright, if no one else is going to say it...

When Mike complained about the DBZ-3 site not updating I almost peed myself. :lol: People in glass houses, Mike...
I don't get it. Are you saying we don't update our site? Because that's pretty ridiculous. I don't remember any 11 month periods (besides the year of downtime due to a server) that we went without updating. And we sure ain't a corporate site :).

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:00 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:Alright, if no one else is going to say it...

I don't get it. Are you saying we don't update our site? Because that's pretty ridiculous. I don't remember any 11 month periods (besides the year of downtime due to a server) that we went without updating. And we sure ain't a corporate site :).
Bah! You and you're facts! *runs*

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:01 pm

He updates at least once a week and if not, thats a long time. I don't get it either :?

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:He updates at least once a week and if not, thats a long time. I don't get it either :?
I meant there are no updates... other than the staggering amount of news, and the best podcats I've ever heard, and the giving away stuff, and the constant forum discussions :roll:

I mean, the Editorials page hasn't been updated since May 2004, and it still has that NEW!! tag. The Filler Guide only has seven episodes, and taunts us with that "... more to come!" at the bottom.

Okay, maybe it's not quite as bad as a corporate site not updating in 11 months, but still.. *hides* :lol:

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:41 pm

I *do* have one more episode to add to the "Filler Guide" that's completed. Other than that, Clay burnt himself out :P.

As for editorials... well... no-one writes or sends any :).

There is work that's being done on other general-content sections... it's just that it takes so darn long to complete them when the site isn't your full-time job.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:49 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I *do* have one more episode to add to the "Filler Guide" that's completed. Other than that, Clay burnt himself out :P.

As for editorials... well... no-one writes or sends any :).

There is work that's being done on other general-content sections... it's just that it takes so darn long to complete them when the site isn't your full-time job.
You and your "job". :lol:

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:10 pm

err...right. Sorry to interrupt the back-and-forth, I'm in the middle of listening to the podcast. I am loving the new Meri's Lists section! I especially like the Odd Couple connection to Frieza and Cell :lol: .

The movie reviews were incredibly helpful. Right now, I'm looking up some of those movies that I haven't gotten yet on Amazon.com. You guys may not know it, but you're pretty persuasive when you want to be!

I agree on the whole "holy sh**" scene in movie 6 (which I borrowed from my friend and fell in love with!).

Keep up the good work, and hooray for Mike being better now.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:38 pm

Actually, I've seen both of Movie 1's dubs, and I evens aw the Ocean Group one first...I gotta say I like the FUNi cast one better. I DO still like Gohan's drunken apple song, and Chuck Huber's commentary is hilarious.

I can't wait to see Movie #12 and #13 on DVD, since I probably won't be able to see them in theaters. I was thinking that Jeice and Burtur would be mentioned on the list, but I figured they'd be more categorized by just being in the Ginyu Force in general. Good job yet again guys :>

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:50 pm

I'm curious, you mentioned that the dvd in the Great Saiyaman box set can be viewed on Region 1, 2, and 4 dvd players. Is this true for all of Funi's dbz dvds?

For instance if I knew people who lived where they would most likely have region 2 or 4 dvd players, and they wanted to watch one for instance Funi's Movie 12, could they?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:55 pm

Every DVD that FUNimation has put out themselves (note that this does *not* include the ones originally distributed by Pioneer) is encoded for NTSC, but regions 1, 2, & 4. It's right on the back of 'em all :).