Episode #0023 (23 April 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0023 (23 April 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:25 pm

Episode #0023 (download MP3)
51:43; 64 kbps, mono; 23.6 MB

Episode #0023! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri go over even more video game news, and give a complete review of the DB and DBZ movie "Dragon Box". Meri's list of most gruesome deaths, April's final releases, and a good batch of e-mails round out the episode! Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the sexy *twenty-three* episodes, now.

We recorded early this week due to a quite busy weekend! And it wasn't even a holiday weekend! Julian's back in the US, and still catching up on his poor little baby sleep. All the big gaming news, full review of the newest Dragon Box, and gruesome deaths... WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?!?

We've actually started to do the necessary screen shots with Meri's lists... including this week's, and two prior lists. We'll keep working our way backwards as we concurrently move forward :D.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MajinVegeta25
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinVegeta25 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:37 pm

I'm so excited! I'm downloading it right now!(giddy vegeta)

Oh yeah, Welcome home, Julian!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:01 pm

12 minutes in... Meri says "hard", heh heh heh.

I'll edit with more stuff soon :D

heh heh, "hard".

14 minutes in, "Mike's carressing his balls." He really does like Freeza, eh?

-edit-
Just finished, couple 'o' questions.
On the Spril Fools page, there was a bit about ToT becoming part of DaizEX. And now I'm sure that that was untrue. :( My hopes of an amalgomated DBZ site have been dashed.So, once and for all, is Temple O Trunks being absorbed into Daiz EX?
Last edited by desirecampbell on Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:33 pm

*listening*

Oh man...I can't wait to see if EX, Meri, and Julian get to my e-mail...

:P
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

MajinVegeta25
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinVegeta25 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:48 pm

Great Episode, guys. I love Kageyama-The "Music Fighter"!

Long live the podcast!!

Unicorn!

Blastero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Blastero » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:21 pm

Wow. :shock: Star Trek I'm not even into, but Mike isn't even into Star Wars? I'm in total shock.

By the way. I want to win a unicorn. :D

Saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:26 pm

I just listened to Meri's Top 5, and I was thinking..what about the Saibaman that gets killed by getting pointed at by Vegeta? That was pretty damn gruesome. Also, the Saibaman that gets burned down to the bone from Piccolo's mouth blast. Those are some nast-ay deaths.

EDIT: Oh yeah! I forgot. Is there any chance that there are going to be any audio samples from the Dragon Box? I'd love to hear something that'll assure me that what I buy is worth the about 3800 yen.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:36 pm

Nyaw, was hoping one of my e-mails would've been read D: Oh well.

Glad we've got a normal length episode again, these're always fun to listen to while working. Hearing the review makes me wish for a possibility of english Dragonboxes sometime in the future, even just for the movies and not the rest of the series, that'd be SICK. Also, wow, I was really expecting Smitty the gunman being 'sploded from the inside out by Super Buu to be at least a runner up o_O Anyways, great work as usual guys :3

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:00 am

I just found a site that has all the official increase numbers for the SSJ Forms :P :P

Click Here
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

Blastero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Blastero » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:04 am

So true. So sad, and true.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:14 am

But it doesn't have SSJ5's power level on there :B

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:23 am

In regards to the DragonBoxes, I can confirm that my television is calibrated to reference levels and the colors look perfect, compared to the FUNi releases. It doesn't look washed out, as it may on an uncalibrated setup.

Calibration is everything.

And the menus? Eh, they're okay. Like I've stated before, the menus tend to be rather simple on Japanese releases with the full brunt of the disc's space being the actual feature. Still, let's not talk about menus unless you wanna bring up some of the winners we've gotten in the U.S. from Ft. Worth-land, eh? ;p

Was it perfect? Nah. Still love it ;)

-Corey

P.S. - You're missing the biggest, baddest thing about all the DragonBoxes.

DUAL RAYER.

Look at the bottom of the box ;)
Last edited by MajinVejitaXV on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Blastero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Blastero » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:23 am

But it doesn't have SSJ5's power level on there :B
What about Super Saiya-Jin 6 Kuririgetahan? That's like the ultimate super duper top-secret never before seen power of ultimateness, only to be revealed in the final episode of... okay. I know I'm just starting to sound obnoxious starting this again.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:03 am

Is the ending song from Ultimate Battle 22 or Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu? Come to think of it, it might be Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu because Ultimate Battle 22 was used last week, or it might a song from a recent game I haven't played (Which I doubt). So what? Final Bout's the only PSOne game left, eh?

I wonder what would happen if EX runs out of ending themes...

Sounds like the screen comparisons I've been seeing on the site was NOTHING compared to animation comparisons. If only I can ask my dad for several pictures of Benjamin Franklin and trade some Dragon Boxes with them so I can see the difference for myself. Damn you rich people. (or fanboys) :)
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:06 am

Ha, I had my minute of glory in this Podcast as being the "someone" who posted the Gogeta screenshot comparison. XD

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:29 am

As for the e-mail talking about Golden Ozaru's and battle powers, I think I know where he got his figures from, since I arrived at the same conclusion once.

If we take Vegeta's claim literally that upon transforming into a great ape, a saiyan's battle power increases by 10x, and that becoming a Super Saiyan increases battle power by 50x (taken from the daizenshuu that lists Goku's battle power on Namek, pre and post transformation), then logically a Golden Ozaru (or Super Ape as I'd rather say >_>) has an increased battle power of 500x.

However trying to guess power levels is pretty pointless, since a lot of time they don't make sense. Case in point, Vegeta fighting against Goku had a battle power somewhere around 20,000. If his power had really increased 10x like he claims, his power would've been 200,000. Not only making him stronger than Captain Ginyu, but almost as strong as Freeza in his first form. With that kind of strength he would've crushed Goku into paste with just one hit.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:38 am

As much as I'd love to throw a "Welcome back" party for Julian, I can't (for obvious reasons). So, welcome back buddy! Can we use colours for the occasion? Let's party!

Oh yeah, that reminds me: I made a scouter out of card and duck tape before... :D It was pretty neat, too.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:36 am

Steven Perry wrote:As much as I'd love to throw a "Welcome back" party for Julian, I can't (for obvious reasons).
He gave you a restraining order too? Well, I feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

:lol:

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:46 am

desirecampbell wrote: On the April Fools page, there was a bit about ToT becoming part of DaizEX. And now I'm sure that that was untrue. :( My hopes of an amalgamated DBZ site have been dashed. So, once and for all, is Temple O' Trunks being absorbed into DaizEX?
I don't know about the rest of you, but if Temple O' Trunks merged with DaizenshuuEX... It would really be a "daizenshuu" (as VeggetoEX always wanted). It would be so big, it could step on MFG. And crush.

Personally, I'd love it if Meri's site would combine with DaizenshuuEX! What's stoppin' you? Mike (EX), you'd better comply, or else... :twisted:

By the way, the episode was soooooooooooo scripted. :|
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Goten88gt

Post by Goten88gt » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:16 am

Thanks guys for broadcasting and answering my question. I guess FUNimation got the GT abbreviation right, sort of.

Welcome Back Julian, I am so glad to have you back in America, not that I don't have anything against Japan. Someday I hope I can go visit Japan, that would be a dream come true. Unfortuately I am still young, age 18, so I don't have the money to buy all of these new DBZ releases. I WANT TO BE A DRAGONBALL FAN BOY!!!! :evil:

Anyways, the podcast episode was awesome...unicorn!!

It was interesting to hear Mike (VegettoEX) calling a lot of things sexy. I think Meri made every guys' mind think perverted when she said it was hard (the DragonBox Movie). :D :D

Thank you for the review on the DragonBox Movies, they sounded so cool. You guys described the clearness of the DragonBox Movies from the poorly over saturated FUNimation and Pioneer's versions so well that I just wanted to buy the import afterwards. You guys think that Japan will release any new DBZ stuff when I'm your ages? :?

I agree with Meri's top 5 most gruesome deaths. Although I would like to see her choices that didn't make it to the list.

Lately I too have been trying to create a AMV, but I didn't know how to play my real media files on windows movie maker. Just for the records these movies are not mine, but I did download them from a site. Mainly this is because I do not have a job yet :cry: ,but in the future I will become a true fanboy and buy all my anime and manga merchandise. :D

Wow, I'm talking a lot on this podcast review. I guess I really liked this episode, of course I love all of your episodes. Well I better finish up, the power level calculations were confusing to me too Mike. :? I mean it is cool to know what Son Gokuu's (SSJ) power level was when he was fighting Frieza.

I'm going to save this episode as my favorite once again, because you answered my email, and it was about the DragonBox Movie Set!!! :D
Japanese: イタズラ好きな 君が 夢を競う ライバルになるのさ

Romanized: Itazura-zuki na kimi ga Yume o kisou raibaru ni naru no sa

English: You, who love mischief, Will become a rival competing for your dream!