Episode #0024 (30 April 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0024 (30 April 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:59 am

Episode #0024 (download MP3)
40:49; 64 kbps, mono; 22.5 MB

Episode #0024! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri discuss some of the worst decisions characters made throughout the series. Not only bad decisions, but ones with (sometimes horrible) repercussions. Video game, DVD, and manga news highlight the week, along with Meri's list of hardest hits, great e-mail, and a contest for a free DVD! Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the sexy *twenty-four* episodes, now.

That's right, contest this episode! We're giving away a free DVD, semi-thanks to Tanooki Kuribo once more :D. Be sure to listen carefully!

Definitely a fun episode, this week. There's even a new segment with Grand Sensei Julian! We certainly want to hear your favorite examples of bad decisions and hardest hits. Remember that for hardest hits, these aren't just fights with lots of hits... these are very individual, very memorable SINGLE hits. As promised, here are a few other examples of OUR favorite "hardest hits":

DBZ Episode #031:
Image Image Image

DBZ Episode #065:
Image Image

DBZ Episode #066:

DBZ Movie #02:
Image Image

There's also some fantastic hard hits of Gohan vs "Super" Buu when he arrives back on Earth to kick some ass. I used most of them in my "Doomrider" track :P.

Also for reference, here's kvon's e-mail:
kvon wrote:When I typed Janemba's name in hiragana by accident, it showed three kanji: 邪念場. If my Chinese heritage serves me right, the first two words mean "evil thoughts" and the third means "field"... which doesn't make sense. But is it possible that the katakana "janen" (ジャネン) simply came from the conversion from 邪念's furigana to katakana? I think it makes sense because Janemba WAS born with the evil essence of bad spirits.
And so there you go with that.

While we're at it, here's "Ano-Yo": あの世

w0rd.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Mon May 01, 2006 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:04 am

Hmmm... that's funny...The Podcast isn't even on the Podcast page or the main page yet! Everyone! If ya want your Podcasts early, go to the forum!

*listens* :? :lol: :o :wink: :roll:

EDIT: On the main page now! Forumgoers get it a couple o' minutes earlier! :wink: :wink:

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:10 am

Just listening to the podcast and a thought came into my head about the comment about heaven, isnt the place where Bulma, ChiChi, Videl and Dabura with all the flowers is heaven?
Remember these things I tell you
*Dragonball GT: The GT Stands for Good Tunes
DS Friend Code

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:22 am

Man, why'd they have to change the Revolution to "Wii"? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh dear. Anyway, I've just realised that everything is linked in some way! The smallest things make the biggest difference. For example, Commander Red's inherited shortness caused his army to search for the dragonballs, which in turn caused Dr. Gero to make the androids (to destroy Goku).

In another example, we've got Grandpa Gohan's silly little bag with Goku inside. What happens? HE FALLS OFF AND SMASHES HIS HEAD! You see? Little things make universe- changing differences.

In yet another example, we've got grandpa Gohan finding a dragon ball. Now, imagine if he never found it... Goku wouldn't have met that Turtle, or Krillin. If he never met Krillin, well... He wouldn't have set out for revenge after his murder. Then, he would never have met Piccolo-Daimaô (released by Pilaf). Even if he did, however, he wouldn't have the strength to face him. That in turn would mean the non- existence of Piccolo. Now, if Piccolo didn't exist, well... You get the idea. It's like a chain reaction!

An alternate story could be made, based on whether or not Gohan took a left turn in the woods! I'm sorry if anything I've said doesn't make sense, 'cause I'm pretty rusty on Dragonball (haven't seen it for ages).

What the HFIL?!? Did Meri just swear? N-no.... I-it can't be... My innocent view of her has been demolished! I thought Meri was a little angel! Mike, I think you'd better give the podcast an 18 rating; what if little kids are watching? I mean listening?
Last edited by Steven Perry on Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:27 am

In yet another example, we've got grandpa Gohan finding a dragon ball. Now, imagine if he never found it...
Well, he would have never met Bulma, wich started the whole chain of events. There would have not been any King Piccolo saga either. Pilaf would have been king if not for Goku and his friends. (That sounded corny but its true). :lol:

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:55 pm

Thanks for answering my e-mail, Mike. That's just about the right amount of evidence I need. Funny thing is that I've refered the guy to the page's URL and pointed out that it does have SP for Super and there's an image on the bottom clearly saying Super Dragon Ball Z. He pretty much ignored that and said it was the same thing. Hence why I turned to you guys. :P

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:59 pm

Great episode as always. I enjoyed the ending piano theme (from DBGT: Final Bout is I'm not mistaken) and the three of you all saying "wow" like you were looking back at the past 24 weeks of doing the show. The music just really fit with how you said it.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:04 pm

JAKEMAN, you've been around long enough to know the rules. Avatar and signature removed. Do not reply to this post.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:19 pm

This is regarding the bad decision Meri mentioned Goku abandoning his family to train Oob to make him Earth's next savior. What also made it a bad decision (because of Toei's part to tinker with things) was that Oob eventually never became strong enough to even do much during Dragon Ball GT. Just about each time he fought, he got beaten up, leaving Goku to have to fix everything up. :P

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:24 pm

Tsukento wrote:This is regarding the bad decision Meri mentioned Goku abandoning his family to train Oob to make him Earth's next savior. What also made it a bad decision (because of Toei's part to tinker with things) was that Oob eventually never became strong enough to even do much during Dragon Ball GT. Just about each time he fought, he got beaten up, leaving Goku to have to fix everything up. :P
Totally agreed! He ended up being... well... nothing, no-one, zip, zilch, blargh. Well, he sure wanted to knock the snot outta Mr. Satan during the tournament... :twisted:

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:33 pm

So, just litening now, is this the 'Death Note' trailer? I nearly shit myself watching it - and I can't understand what they're saying :P

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:59 pm

:shock: *celebrates because other human beings love Death Note*

And of course, thank you all so much for answering my e-mail, EX, Meri, and Julian. ^_^ :lol: I loved all your reactions...

But alas...I just heard the Sparking! NEO e-mail sent by Jrinu and I'm astonished that someone actually beat me to it! But, ah, my new e-mail's sorta like that, but then again, it's not, so anyway. :lol:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:18 pm

Hey everyone! Nice podcast as usual, I had a fun time while listening to it. ^^ Nice prize for the contest, perhaps I'll compete too...

I also have one bad decision, although it's filler. In the episode where Vegeta is training for the Artificial Humans Yamcha decides to enter his space ship and turn up the Gravitron. That was a bad decision considering he almost died. XP

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:59 pm

I just finished your podcast and I love the new segment with Juilian-sensei.

Ah, so cool that you guys mentioned Deth Note in your podcast again. At first, I thought you guys were talking about that crappy 16 second trailer, but then I found the longer one with Ryuk at the end. Coolness! [EDIT: Dani California is a kinda weird song choice, but I guess it would kinda be funny to have it in the background while Light does some sort of killing montage :lol:]

Hmm... ugh... the Wii :x <--(only emoticons can express my rage). Oh yeah: Hardest Hits. Well... I woulda thought that some of the better ones would be from late DB/DBZ's Namek Saga. Some from the top of my head would be Piccolo in his giant form slapping Goku in the final Budoukai in DB and Dodoria head-butting one of the elder Nameks (owie!).

Anything else? Oh yeah, I guess "unicorn" will be a recurring gag (is that the term for it?) ever since its first appearance in episode... 19?

Keep up the good work, and I just sent my e-mail for the contest so pick me or any other cool guy from the forums!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:15 pm

How could you guys forget about Vegeta punching Zarbon through the stomach and blasting him?

Considering the anime version SUCKED compared to the manga (yes, even uncut, it looked kinda crappy), I don't blame you. :P

MajinVegeta25
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinVegeta25 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:17 pm

Death Note is so awesome. BTW, they just announced a Death Note anime! :P

Another great, unicorn-filled podcast!

Yi Xing Long
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Yi Xing Long » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:19 pm

desirecampbell wrote:So, just litening now, is this the 'Death Note' trailer? I nearly shit myself watching it - and I can't understand what they're saying :P
Oh man that trailer was fuckin awesome. I can't wait for the movie to come out. It looks like it will definitely be worth importing. :D

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:40 pm

VegettoEX, in the podcast, said, not wrote:I'll sign a piece of notebook paper and send it to you
But you can't kill yourself, you have so much more to live for!

And I too am a big fan of Death Note. It all started about a month ago, after my birthday, I went shopping to spend the money I got. While doing that I was looking through the manga section at my local Chapters and came across this particular manga called 'Death Note'. I decided to give it a try and bought volume 1. I loved it. then a few weeks later, after I got some more money, I went back and bought volumes 2-4, now I'm addicted. I can't wait for may 2nd when volume 5 is released!

And the movie, of course, looks awesome!

MajinVegeta25
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinVegeta25 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:04 pm

I like this but, this thread is starting to turn into a Death Note thread! :lol:

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:26 pm

At 36:28 someone flushed the toilet! :shock:

About the Janemba thing, I'm no Japanese master, but couldn't "place of evil spirits" mean, I don't know, "hell"? Seems really obvious to me. Maybe I'm missing something - we need more Japanese lessons!