Episode #0029 (04 June 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0029 (04 June 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:27 pm

Episode #0029 (download MP3)
56:39; 64 kbps, mono; 25.9 MB

Episode #0029! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri discuss the big DVD and video game news from the past week, along with some Shonen Jump features. Also discussed are some of the most intelligent moves characters made during the series... that's right, they did some smart things at some point in time! DBZ ABCs, Meri's list of derivative DBGT plot points, your e-mails, and much much more round out the episode! Referenced sites:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:34 pm

Wow, I wasn't expexting a podcast this week :shock:

Very excited :D

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:38 pm

Wow... That was fast. :shock:

I hope that I win the Red Ribbon Army contest (although it seems pretty futile when there are much better writers at Daizex)! My submission was probably so boring. Man, I can't crack a joke if... If... One hit me on the head. :(

EDIT: I hate to say this, but I'm really getting used to "Vegerot" as opposed to "Vegito". VegettoEX, just give in to the temptation and become...VegerotEX. :twisted: You know you want to... Join the dark side.
Last edited by Steven Perry on Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:39 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Wow, I wasn't expexting a podcast this week :shock:

Very excited :D
Me neither! Seems like a very fanboyish episode. Skwee! *Goes to download*

Are you going to "accidentally" call yourself VegerotEX every episode from now on? :lol:

Also, here's an idea: Vegerot filter. :lol:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:12 pm

JULIAN!? What happened? Are you okay? Was there a fire?

Maybe you should quit smoking. It gives you lung cancer.

I've got an idea! Seeing as though there's a "Forum Flea Market" thread, can sellers record themselves advertising the item to be used during a half- way break (like Otaku Generation)? Adverts would be so cool!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:21 pm

I'm really not into the whole ACTUAL "break" during an episode (it's less than an hour), and have no plans for advertisements. Thanks!
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:43 pm

Could Goku beat Superman? :lol:

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:47 pm

Steven Perry wrote:Could Goku beat Superman? :lol:
rofl :lol: ^^;;

We're walking on very thin ice, aren't we? :lol:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:49 pm

Shanghai Honey by Orange Range, right? :3

Glad you guys liked my fanart picture guys ^w^

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:49 pm

Thought I'd post some images showing both Myuu (Muu? I dunno) and Gero.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:56 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Thought I'd post some images showing both Myuu (Muu? I dunno) and Gero.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5
Wow! Even their poses are exactly the same! :shock:

I've never seen GT in a couple of years, so I kinda forgot the similarities.

In fact, when I first started watching GT, Dr. Myu was lumbering around in "HFIL"; and I thought Dr. Myu was a transformed Dr. Gero. How's that for derivative?! :P :lol: :twisted:

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:32 pm

Ah, the fire alarm, the bane of every college student's existance.

I wasn't that interested in the contest until you played that song clip. That was HOT FIYA!

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:42 pm

Good good stuff as always, guys! I look forward to hearing it every week.

I agreed that GT was derivative... Damn you, evil scientists that all look the same!

:lol:

Maybe you should just go by VegerotEX sometimes, maybe next April's Fools week or something.

I'm really not into the Red Ribbon Army, but good for those people who want free CDs.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Phred
Beyond Newbie

Post by Phred » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:39 pm

Wow, Tullece! And transforming? Very interesting, you think Raditz and Nappa will transform, too? XD
Though, Piccolo regrowing his arm wasn't a very good idea, it seemed to be that Cell didn't know he could do that, and since Cell has Piccolo cells, he can do it too. And then theres places where Cell could have been dead but regenerated!
[url=http://phred.thegreatbeyond.net]Comix Productions[/url]

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:11 pm

Great podcast, though now I'm curious as to find out who's the special guest next week (maybe you mentioned who it was, but I wasn't listening at the time :?).

Hmm... well, the topic for this week was kinda weak, but strangely intriguing to my inner fanboy that says, "AH, refer to my GT-being-derivative post here!!")

Eh, now that I've been on summer vacation for about two weeks (HAHA!), I've kinda been losing my creativity and thus, can no longer think of anything cool enough for the RR Army contest :x.

Erm... the whole fire alarm thing was kinda out there, but... pretty cool nonetheless. That alarm did go off for real, right? I'm guessing that EX took advantage of the moment and used his oh-so-advanced editing technology to better the moment...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I totally agree with Meri's thoughts on the Namek Arc for all of those smart moves/interesting happenings. Here's some off the top of my head:
- Kuririn's Taiyoken against Dodoria
- (I think it was) Mori destroying all of the scouters
- Vegeta: 1) escaping from Freeza's spaceship, 2) keeping the 1 dragonball, 3) throwing the dirt to delay Zarbon's attacl... Vegeta's list in this arc are endless...
- Kuririn attempting to destroy the dragonball
- wishing back Piccolo to have Kami come back on Earth (not really the Namek Arc, but whatever)

Ah, the Namek Arc... I can't wait to buy it's boxed set release whenever it gets released...
Last edited by DaemonCorps on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:33 pm

No, it honestly went off for real. I sat there and sang songs about Julian while we waited for him to come back. Luckily, none of that got recorded.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:33 pm

Hey, what is Julian saying at the end of every podcast? Is it somthing different every week?

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:35 pm

I'm so retarded. I just posted this in the wrong podcast topic. Whoops. >v<; Anyway...

Yay! I've been acknowledged in this episode, and so has my avatar creation. :D (Now I can die happy.)

Sorry my email was so confusing, Meri! I'm like that. ^^; And yes, I am a girl. Thank you so much for reading and answering my question! :D

This episode was weird. :lol: I have no idea what Goku was saying in those commercials (or what I think must have been commercials.) I liked how (for once) you discussed about the intelligence of the characters, because they deserve it. :D

So, does this band "The Red Ribbon Army" do any original songs, or do they just do their own versions of Jessica Simpson songs? :lol:

Hey, Tullece can go Oozaru in the videogame?! Wow, I wonder what VegerotEX would look like as an Oozaru! :D

You know what, I got rid of it, because it sucked. :( I shall draw something, though. :D

This podcast made me very happy. :D (Gah, gotta stop smiling!)
Last edited by veshira on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:39 pm

veshira wrote:So, does this band "The Red Ribbon Army" do any original songs, or do they just do their own versions of Jessica Simpson songs? :lol:
That was an Aaliyah cover song. :) But yeah, they do make their own stuff, which is pretty badass.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... id=4370600

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:45 pm

Ok, I had to do somthing...

Its VegettoEX VS VegerotEX. :lol: