Episode #0030 (11 June 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0030 (11 June 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:49 pm

Episode #0030 (download MP3)
68:01; 64 kbps, mono; 31.1 MB

Episode #0030! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri discuss all the big gaming news from both sides of the ocean. We also bring on guest Andrew Kenney to discuss his experiences teaching children in Japan, and how today's Japanese kids are exposed to DragonBall. DBZ ABCs, Meri's list of best characters in street clothes, your e-mails, and final AnimeNext preparation round out the episode! Referenced sites: Special Guest: Andrew "Deluxe" Kenney

Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the monumental *thirty* episodes, now.

You definitely don't want to miss this episode. Andrew's a totally fun guy, and it's great not only to hear stories about the wacky stuff the Japanese public pulls, but also to get slightly serious and talk about how today's Japanese children get exposed to and interact with DragonBall, which is so significantly older than they are.

All of our AnimeNext 2006 plans are inside, as well.

w0rd.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:51 pm

XXX! happy 30th podcast everyone.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:41 pm

Funny hearing about the kids giving people the Thousand Years of Death.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:42 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Funny hearing about the kids giving people the Thousand Years of Death.
Heh, yeah. I never knew that that was an actual thing in Japan. It was done in YYH, too :?...

Well, I'm about 46 minutes into the episode, and its pretty cool, as usual. It's actually pretty interesting to hear about these little mini battles that Kenny's been having there in JP. It's like listening to an audio version of a comic strip :lol:...

Aw... poor Yamcha (eeew...:?...).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just got my DS Lite today, PUNKS! :D
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:51 pm

The official Super DBZ release date in the US is July 18th, 2006, according to Gamespy, EB Games, & Gamespot.

I wish I could go to an anime con... I live in the boondocks, so I'm lucky I even get a Best Buy and a mall!! That and my 30+ hour work weeks...
Oh well, as long as I have Dragon Ball to enjoy, it's all OK.

Otherwise, awesome show, guys! Damn those insane Japanese children (I just watched "Invasion of the Neptune Men" on MST3K and including hearing this, I now fear them.) :D
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:05 am

Yes, just finished it! It's good to actually hear the original DB closing music as your closing music (for once :roll:) I'm a big fan of the DB (no Z) music.

Ugh... like originalbilis, I can't come to your little anime con thingy... but I wish I could :cry:! Sigh, being able to record a podcast with VegettoEX?! It's my dream come true (not really, but whatever)!

Also, the little VegerotEX seeming to "burst" out of EX was kinda creepy. And one more thing: if you ever visit your bud Kenny while he's teaching... wear a cup...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:01 am

Nice Podcast Guys! Now that the actual recording is on Saturday (...hopefully), I have a little bit of hope of meeting you guys to help me look for my BGM!! :twisted:... No but seriously, It'll be nice for me to see & talk to other Dragon Ball fans as critical & "hardcore" as I am at a con for once & it'll also be nice to chill & play video games like a bunch of Dragon Ball nerds 8). See you Saturday after the AMV stuff this weekend!.....Laterz.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:40 pm

That was awesome. The entire scenero with your friend's trash-collecting problem was great. I'm in NJ but sadly cannot get up to this con. However, I am looking forward to the next podcast, and to see the screenshots from this week's Top 5 list which was so much fun. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:58 pm

I wonder how long the Anime Next podcast is gonna be... So far, the only people who're coming (as far as I know) are:

Sebastian (SB)
Tanooki Kuribo
Saiyan
veshira

Four memberz? Anyway, it'll be fun to hear what everybody sounds like, and there'll probably be so many VegerotEX references from Veshira. You've got to do something funny, guys! :D You'd better prepare your jokes! I've got one for you (somebody please say it, in tribute to me :wink: ):

"What should you eat before running a race? RUNNER BEANS!"

Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait...
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Namek'jin Ryu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namek'jin Ryu » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:21 pm

I'd have to say out of the couple of Podcasts I've heard this wasn't one of the better ones. Don't mean to sound like a downer, but it seems since I'm not much of a big gamer anymore, games coming out don't really draw an interest in me. But, oh well ... to all their own.

I must congratulate you guys on 30 episodes though. That is truly astounding. Just think of when you guys make it to 50, or even possibly 100. That may seem like forever or an eternity away, but I bet it gets here faster then everyone will realize.

Ricochet0082
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ricochet0082 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:31 pm

Yeah! My question was answered. Thank you, VegettoEX and minions, for your insightful responses.
"Somebody call Guinness. I'm about to go from zero to drunk in twenty dollars." - DIVX

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:02 pm

There should be podcast t-shirts. For example you could have a black or white shirt with Julian's "Oh Dear" written on it, a "Unicorn" shirt with either the word or the animal, and even a "Vegetto EX's Minion" shirt for honorary..minions I guess.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:24 pm

Chuquita wrote:There should be podcast t-shirts. For example you could have a black or white shirt with Julian's "Oh Dear" written on it, a "Unicorn" shirt with either the word or the animal, and even a "Vegetto EX's Minion" shirt for honorary..minions I guess.
Great idea! Though I'm sure that EX is kinda skeptical about making the podcast into an excuse to sell stuff :?.

But if this whole thing does go through but you don't want to make t-shirts, then at least do something like iron-ons.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:10 pm

*looks at the pic in this topic* HOLY SHNIZ!!! YU YU HAKUSHO OUTFITS!!! lol.

Anyway I am currently in the middle of listening, great job so far....& holy crap, Andrew is the same guy in Meri's Video, I love that vid, he's hilarious.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:11 pm

One thing I really prefer to shy away from is putting any unnecessary exposure and attention on us as individuals, and to a lesser extent, our product (be it the site or podcast).

Yes, it's all fine and dandy that we're extremely amazing and talented people that deserve the adoration of billions simply because we've liked the show for a long time and happen to still be alive, but I would *really* hate to come off like that. It's definitely something that rubs me the wrong way when I see it exploited with other similar hobbies.

We are not celebrities, internet or otherwise, and I don't want to turn people away with that kind of attitude :).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:46 pm

Damn, how could Meri's list not contain Vegeta's outfit that he wore when visiting Goku right before the 28'th Budokai....that is so (As EX might say) SEXY!!!

BTW, the point of hell is to have a crap load of fun.....filler wise, in heaven you live a boring life but in hell there are amusement parks, with ferris wheels, go-karts, & silly orges to play tag with.....I wanna go to filler hell when I die XD.

BTW, yes it was Babidi who was cheering for Goku...dub line...."Yes, beat him....GOKU....beat the Buu."
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:01 pm

Great Saiyaman wrote:I wanna go to filler hell when I die XD.
This very well may be one of the single greatest statements ever written on this message board.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:36 pm

Steven Perry wrote:Four memberz?
I'm going too o.o

All of this talk about grabbing penises and shoving fingers up asses...oh dear XD;

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:56 pm

Well, I'm re-listening to the podcast and I kinda disagree with Meri's Top 5. I was sure that Goku's orange (apparently) leather "biker suit" that he wore while he was waiting for the Cell Game. That was completely pimpin' with that Naruto-esque collar (yes, I know that DBZ was first, so don't give me crap about it) 8).

And about Babidi's final line while in hell: what did he say in the JP version? My FUNi DVD doesn't have the subtitle for that one line :x. And I'm pretty sure that he actually had one, so... yeah.

EDIT: Kuririn's "You're cramping my style" line was when he was wearing Roshi's sunglasses when Goku does IT for the first time.
Last edited by DaemonCorps on Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kay
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kay » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:30 pm

Good episode as always. It was funny when Andrew mentioned some Japanese guy grabbing his crotch. I shall wait for my email to be answered.