Episode #0032 (25 June 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:41 pm

Chuquita wrote: Image
"...what are you looking at...?"

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:30 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote:Do you all forget vegeta's nude pep talk to goku before he uses the spirit bomb on Freeza, and I dont care how Gt's music was as long as its not "step in to the dragonball".
OH YEAH! I forgot to count that, since techniqually it could have been Goku's imagination for all we know. Or do we know? :?

They editted it in the first dub. I need to buy Freeza saga on dvd now. Must. see. naked. Veggie. :D

Oh, and as for the Funimation dub theme - I don't think it was just its length that made it seem long. :lol:
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:34 pm

veshira wrote:GAH! XD Chuquita, I love you! Reason: I saw a DBZ music video (GokuxVegeta :D ) that had a clip of Vegeta in that scene, and I had no idea where it came from! But now I do, and I thank you for posting that screenshot.
You're welcome~! :D

I wanted that dvd purposely for how funny the naked pep talk was. And the end of it where Bardock and King Vegeta or Vegeta Sr join in and they're all perfectly clothed while no one comments on Vegeta's nudity aside from Goku's stunned expression. XD

Its impossible to find though. Every Freeza VS Goku dvd is easy to track down except that one. And the one where Vegeta dies.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:06 pm

I've got a technical question about the podcasts. It seems when Julian speaks, the audio gets a scratching sound to it, as if it's too loud compared to the rest of the audio. I'm not an audio expert, but maybe the microphone sensitivity is too high? It rarely happens when the others are talking.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:31 pm

tarsonis wrote:I've got a technical question about the podcasts. It seems when Julian speaks, the audio gets a scratching sound to it, as if it's too loud compared to the rest of the audio. I'm not an audio expert, but maybe the microphone sensitivity is too high? It rarely happens when the others are talking.
Julian's using a USB headset over Skype, compared to Meri and I using actual mics going into a mixer here with us.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kay
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kay » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:02 pm

Good episode as always. Meri's list cracked me up.

Wow, the DBZ ABC has taught me something...

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:45 pm

One thing you didnt say about those brats is that thier mother sold trunks out to babidi, and almost got west city destroyed.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:01 pm

Good podcast. I always like the comparison podcasts, or at least the ones with sound clips from the show.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:52 am

Ya'll call for a law school boy? *cough*

Anywho, great podcast. Meri ... that list was priceless! The topic was great, though seeing how you guys avoid the subject of the Goku Jr. special makes me wonder if you've seen it...? Still, great topic!

And on some type of note...hearing Veshira and Chuquita have girl talk about a naked Vegeta is freaking me out. Freaking me out, man... (j/k) :shock:
14 years later

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:47 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:The topic was great, though seeing how you guys avoid the subject of the Goku Jr. special makes me wonder if you've seen it...? Still, great topic!
I certainly faked it really well if I haven't seen it :). What about it, specifically, are you getting at?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:12 am

VegettoEX wrote:I certainly faked it really well if I haven't seen it :). What about it, specifically, are you getting at?
I dunno. I think what it is, is me noticing you guys have hardly brought up the Goku Jr. special in podcast discussions, unless it's a reference to it being one of the three TV specials in the overall anime. I would've liked to have heared comments about what you guys thought of it being in stereo and all. Guess it's mainly me being sentimental, afterall, watching that feature in Japanese does choke me up.
14 years later

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:12 pm

This episode was phenomenal! Great work! I have a good laugh at least once while listening to each of your Podcasts, but THIS one had me in stitches.

Julian: "...Damn kids."
Mike: [old fogey voice] "Damn kids! Get off Julian's lawn!"

:):)

I also thought I was going to die laughing during Meri's list (as did everyone else), especially when you talked about how Gohan just stands there for like three seconds so everyone can enjoy his fully-frontal stuffage for posterity. I agree whole-heartedly, that shot is just way too laughably awkward.

Oh yeah, and on the GT music: I also have to agree that the GT music is difficult to remember except for the variations on the theme songs. I'm not entirely looking forward to my BGM documentation there; it's just not memorable enough to get stuck in my head (and that's what helps me with the documentations)!
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:51 am

I agree with you guys on the podcast, the sailor moon dub music was great stuff, just remember to believe in the power of love.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:04 am

TheMajinRedComet wrote:I agree with you guys on the podcast, the sailor moon dub music was great stuff, just remember to believe in the power of love.
That's actually what keeps me away from Sailormoon even now. *Sadness*

(I refuse to admit I watched it dubbed as a young boy. I refuse!)

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:13 am

desirecampbell wrote: (I refuse to admit I watched it dubbed as a young boy. I refuse!)
"Aw, crap, that was out loud?" :)
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Lobster_Rage155
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lobster_Rage155 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:42 am

desirecampbell wrote:(I refuse to admit I watched it dubbed as a young boy. I refuse!)
O_O You know, I'm really embarrassed to say it, but I did too...

...Please, nobody ever bring that topic up again...

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:11 pm

I was going through the later volumes of the Viz eds of the manga and realized that they changed Idâsa's name to Laem ("lame," get it?), but kept Ikôse's name. :roll: Ah, Viz and it's attempts to maintain Toriyama's puns...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:58 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:I was going through the later volumes of the Viz eds of the manga and realized that they changed Idâsa's name to Laem ("lame," get it?), but kept Ikôse's name. :roll: Ah, Viz and it's attempts to maintain Toriyama's puns...
They did some things similar to Mr. Togashi's. Shishiwakamaru's team had most of their names translated in the English manga.