Episode #0034 (09 July 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0034 (09 July 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:56 pm

Episode #0034 (download MP3)
67:45; 64 kbps, mono; 31.0 MB

Episode #0034! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri give an extremely detailed review of "Super DragonBall" for the Japanese PS2. From presentation, to graphics, to sound, to gameplay, to everything else in the game, we've got it covered. DBZ ABCs, Meri's Top 5 "Vegeta's Lost His Mind" Moments, your e-mails, and more! Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the monumental *thirty-four* episodes, now.

For all of you fans waiting on the American release (or the release in your own respective country), here's your full heads-up on the game! We didn't get to a few random things about it (a little more in-depth-techie talk about gameplay, some of the wishes like Dragon Finishers, etc.)... but I think we covered it pretty darn well :P.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:15 am

*is listening*

Uh..... I don't think Kuririn was announced for D.O.N. It would be nice though.... I would like to see screens though if he was because I probably missed it

*continues listening*

EDIT: *finished listening*

I got to agree with Super DBZ being more of a fighting game. Problems though are that, for instance, my friends like to pick Vegeta because his special outbeats everyone else's. Especially when you press triangle rapidly, he just gets more hits. Another thing is that some times when you punch as someone is doing a special, it will sometimes go through the character and they still do their special instead of you interrupting them as like the other times. Also, the computer can kind of be stupid a lot. There are times where I just do the Kamehameha with Kuririn, I don't move at all, and I win without getting hit.
Last edited by EvilGamerX on Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Life is a game, play it!

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:25 am

YAY Doctrine Dark. Such a pimp.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:56 am

(still listening)

IMDB says Midorikawa was No.16 in Sparking, and surprisingly he was also MARTH in Smash Bros o_O

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:43 am

Nice Podcast...I enjoyed the segment on Super DBZ....I've always kicked ass in Street Fighter games & Arcade fighting games so I should love this....though I'll wait a but till the price goes down since I am broke right now, lol....but I must say, I far prefer the American Box Art.

Now to comment on Meri's list.....loved it, I loved your choices Meri.....gotta say, I love that Piccolo/Vegeta moment in Movie 8....Vegeta was being a big "word for cat" & Piccolo tells him off, then Vegeta whines some more & drops Vegeta onto a broken building, awesome scene....also for Vegeta's whole letting Cell absorb thing....I agree with the whole drama thing, that was edge of your seat stuff there....I mean Vegeta was gonna let Cell absorb 18...Trunks is intervening....Krillin has the remote but he's not using it, then he crushes it....great stuff.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:15 am

That English Filipino version of Cha-La sounded pretty cool. One of the best DBZ cosplayers I've seen was my friend who did Krillin. And like I said to my friends, I like how the DBZ filler arcs were very short and not annoying like some other shows are.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:14 am

Oh cool, I actually remember when Julian took that picture of Mr.Satan. I had to hold his place on line and Iam pretty sure thats me in the background. :o Cool beans.

That song that you guys ended with, the begining sounded like the game over BGM for Metal Gear 3. I thought you were about to do a little skit. :lol:

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:54 pm

Great podcast guys, I've been a fan of each one of them!

Sounds like Super DBZ is just the game I'm looking for, since I'm a hardcore fan of the Street Fighter games & other Capcom fighters.

:D
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:21 pm

For some reason I can't get the episode, because "Daizenshuu EX- The Podcast doesn't seem to be a valid podcast URL." Is this happening to anyone else?
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:24 pm

Yeah it happened to me so I just downloaded it from here. Also VegettoEX do you have a picture of the evil buu cosplay? I would like to see it :D

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:10 pm

I dunno. The link definitely works. The file's all there. iTunes still sees the feed. *shrugs*
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:32 pm

Well, I'm finally listening to it via the link here.

Hmm... about the kamehameha thing: I remember Toriyama mentioning somewhere in the manga (maybe the Ask Me Anything Corner) that he said something like "well, my wife suggested that since it was the Turtle Hermit's move that it should be 'kame-something-HA.'"

Anyways, great podcast so far, regardless that I'm not really a hardcore gamer, you made it pretty interesting for all of us :D.

... Ugh, more filler included in the lists! Oh well... I do agree that Vegeta was pretty out of character in GT in general.

EDIT: w00t for the Philippines singing songs from DragonBall (my brothas!).

Er hem, now gathering myself, I just finished listening to the episode. Keep up the good work!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:55 pm

Funny Podcast as usual.

Might I suggest doing podcasts on the Japanese Seiyuu, you know, discussing their effect on DB and what other effects they've had in the Animé world?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:37 pm

You guys mention near the end of the podcast that you have a plethora of info to toss onto the site. I know you guys have lives outside of daizEX, but when can we expect some of this mysterious new stuff?

tatsumaru12345

Post by tatsumaru12345 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:54 pm

It seems as though itunes is getting late on delivering the best podcast ever, Daizenshuu EX. Usually its up to date with the website with the new podcasts episodes, but lately its been late. I have started importing games lately, and was wondering is Super Dragonball Z hard to play without knowing any of the Japanese launguage? Atari usually messes all the music in the original Dragonball Z games so I really want the original Japanese voice overs and music.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:12 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:You guys mention near the end of the podcast that you have a plethora of info to toss onto the site. I know you guys have lives outside of daizEX, but when can we expect some of this mysterious new stuff?
Right now, I'm neck-deep in video editing stuff for a few deadlines that can't be broken.

After that, a well-neglected section is going to be my priority, and has a good deal of material all ready for me to use. A few other things are nearing completion, and can go up whenever we can just dedicate the time to it.

So let's shoot for September for a few things going up. One new section possibly sooner :).

And yeah, iTunes has been lame, lately. Though... if you subscribe to the podcast, it'll check the feed independent of what its listing is in the Music Store, and grab whatever's new.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:22 pm

Listening as of now... I gotta say it's fun listening to the three of you banter about stuff we Dragonball fans need to know. :lol: Really it's a great listen and it's going strong!

I got in late in the game listening to these podcasts. I'm tempted to take the time to archive them and spend a evening if I'm bored just catching up on the previous podcasts ( for example you had Maggie from Lovely Cyborg back in December... I love her website! So many Fandom Allumini geust on your podcasts 8) ).

EDIT: Still listening... I forgot how long these podcasts can be. I just want to say I respect Meri's opinions concerning fighting games. While I LOVE ( no really I'm addicted) to the Budokai and Tenkaichi (Sparking!) series, I'm looking forward to a simpler game such as Super DBZ. I love Budokai and Tenkaichi for their depth and number of characters (that's where I disagree with Meri, the more the merrier! 8) ). Yet constantly trying to charge (and in Budokai 2 & 3's case, dial a combo) get's annoying after awhile. I'm also glad to hear there are new remixes on our old favourites... it sounds like a game to look forward too. :D

As for Meri's Top 5 (I love these) I couldn't agree with most of Vegeta's "Going nutz" moments. It's not just because he cries ( yes men do cry... it's horrible but it happens ie. when Vegeta dies on Namek ), but when I favourite ( or not) Saiyan just loses all rationality. Though I didn't like number 5 simply because... well without his tail Vegeta could never reach SSJ 4 no matter how hard he trained (although many a fan wonders why he skipped SSJ 3 so maybe the prince is lazy). As for the number 1 moment, I can totally agree. Everyone has probably shouted "Vegeta YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!" at the page of their manga or TV screen while watching the anime when they first saw it. I think Vegeta not only wanted a good fight but also dispense a cruel fate to Juuhachigou (Android/Cyborg 18 ) to avenge his humilitating defeat. This shows how evil and cruel Vegeta could be even as late as the Cell saga.

Anywho... great stuff! I hope one day an e-mail from me makes it to the podcast someday! 8)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:45 am

Thank you so much for the in-depth info on Super dbz; I'm now looking even more forward to it. Also greatly enjoyed the top-5 moments of Vegeta freaking out. It made me laugh. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:05 am

That was... was... podlicious! :o

I loved Meri's top 5 list, although the part when Vegeta literally looses his mind under Babidi's spell should've had a spot. He not only lets Babidi do it, but blasted a crowd at the tournament. Which could've contained Bulma. :shock:

Super DBZ will never prevail over the almighty Budokai 3! Heh... that doesn't stop me from buying it, though.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

songoku2k6211

Post by songoku2k6211 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:51 am

Great 34th!!

Yes, I agree Super Dragon Ball Z is a great hardcore fighting game.
I can't wait for Battle Stadium D.O.N. The list was also very good, Vegeta would've had a stupid/angry moment hearing it :lol:

Can't wait for 35!!