Episode #0034 (09 July 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:34 pm

Steven Perry wrote:That was... was... podlicious! :o

I loved Meri's top 5 list, although the part when Vegeta literally looses his mind under Babidi's spell should've had a spot. He not only lets Babidi do it, but blasted a crowd at the tournament. Which could've contained Bulma. :shock:
I TOTALLY forgot that one, holy crap. If only I were able, I would so add that one to the list. Damn me always forgetting the poor Buu Era (and yet, I remember GT crap, wtf?).

Enraged_Goomba

Post by Enraged_Goomba » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:59 pm

Ah, Great podcast as usual, and I loved the Meri's top 5 list this week . I can't wait to find out what the next top 5 list is about. That's always my favorite part of the podcast!

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:30 pm

I am having problems downloading the podcast directley off of itunes. The older episodes (31 and earlier) are downloading just fine. But it says it can't find a valid URL. Can anyone help?
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:36 pm

BrollysKin wrote:I am having problems downloading the podcast directley off of itunes. The older episodes (31 and earlier) are downloading just fine. But it says it can't find a valid URL. Can anyone help?
Don't used iTunes myself (I find it cumbersome, and bloated), why don't you just download it directly from God of Chaos's server?

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:46 pm

Enraged_Goomba wrote:I can't wait to find out what the next top 5 list is about. That's always my favorite part of the podcast!
Yeah, they're always a laugh riot... even when the sound all horrible and grueasome! That's why I always try to stop myself from clicking on the current Meri's List before I reach it on the podcast. But this time (with the whole iTunes being crappy thing) I freaked out and just clicked on the link. Darn me! But then I realized the mp3 link and listened through the ep.
BrollysKin wrote:I am having problems downloading the podcast directley off of itunes. The older episodes (31 and earlier) are downloading just fine. But it says it can't find a valid URL. Can anyone help?
Well, the first page of this topic should prove that you're on the same boat as the rest of us. But as hilarious as every episode is, I didn't really find this one worthy of keeping for future listenings. :cry:
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:09 pm

I just made a few minor changes to the feed. Hopefully that'll fix whatever was wrong with iTunes.

For people that were subscribed, did iTunes (or whatever podcasting program you're using) automatically download the episode, anyway?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:52 pm

Thanks a lot Mike! It works perfectly now. I just got a hold of the last three episodes.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:19 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I just made a few minor changes to the feed. Hopefully that'll fix whatever was wrong with iTunes.

For people that were subscribed, did iTunes (or whatever podcasting program you're using) automatically download the episode, anyway?
Well, it's working now, but before, the most recent one I could get was episode 33 (unlike poor BrollysKin, who's 3 eps behind :cry:). And yes, I've been subscribing to this for some time now and it still couldn't find ep 34. Eh, it's up there now, anyways, so yay!

EDIT: Re-listening to the podcast (I know I said I wouldn't but I couldn't help it) and Julian mentions that Chiautzu could do a Kamehameha. Did he, really, because I don't remember him doing so (in the series, at least):?:

Also, the whole Freeza having a calm voice when he's doing attacks discussion was just hilarious! How do you guys do it?! :lol:
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

Katalyst

Post by Katalyst » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:30 pm

DaemonCorps wrote: EDIT: Re-listening to the podcast (I know I said I wouldn't but I couldn't help it) and Julian mentions that Chiautzu could do a Kamehameha. Did he, really, because I don't remember him doing so (in the series, at least):?:
Yea and I don't remember Tenshinhan doing it either.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:05 pm

Katalyst wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote: EDIT: Re-listening to the podcast (I know I said I wouldn't but I couldn't help it) and Julian mentions that Chiautzu could do a Kamehameha. Did he, really, because I don't remember him doing so (in the series, at least):?:
Actually, he does one in the 22nd (?) Tournament in DB against Yamcha after Yamcha does one against him.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:10 pm

Well, this episode is finally showing up in the specific iTunes listing.

A couple weeks ago, it was only showing odd-numbered episodes. Then it was only showing even-numbered episodes. I dunno what the hizzle's going on, but it appears to be fixed.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Katalyst

Post by Katalyst » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:18 am

DaemonCorps wrote:
Katalyst wrote:
Actually, he does one in the 22nd (?) Tournament in DB against Yamcha after Yamcha does one against him.
Really? Wow, i'll have to take another look at that episode. Thanks.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:58 pm

Actually, Tien does it against Jackie Chun after finding out he's Master Roshi.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:00 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Actually, Tenshinhan does it against Jackie Chun after finding out he's Master Roshi.
Oops, my bad! But then again, it's pretty easy to lose track of who does what when, especially when it comes to the kamehameha!

Iyouboushi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Iyouboushi » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:06 pm

Another great episode. Great review of the game.

My question is more related to how the show is created though. What software is used? Because Julian sounds so clear in all of these podcasts that it never really occured to me that he wasn't actually physically in the rooom. Is that good editing in post or just great software?

And sorry if this was answered before. I'm still pretty new to the podcast (having only listenend to about five episodes). I'm working on it though. :P
"Words! I need more words! My grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe the violent-wretching nausia your singing is causing me to experience!"
[url=http://iyou.cyberbotx.com]My Website[/url] :: [url=http://iyouboushi.netfirms.com/rk/kenshinfaq.html]The Ultimate RK FAQ[/url]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:27 pm

Iyouboushi wrote:My question is more related to how the show is created though. What software is used? Because Julian sounds so clear in all of these podcasts that it never really occured to me that he wasn't actually physically in the rooom. Is that good editing in post or just great software?
Julian picked up a moderately-decent USB headphone/mic combo (Meri and I are using mics plugged into a mixer). The software is absolutely nothing significant... we grab him via Skype, and it's just Audacity to record. I do a little bit of noise removal in post, but nothing special.

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:30 pm

Can we expect another in-depth review for D.O.N when that's released?

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:09 pm

Finally got around to listening to the podcast & I gotta say that was probably the most indepth review/preview of the game I've heard. Generally some critics & gamers seem to be mixed & dismissive about the game because it doesn't have the flash & appeal other DBZ games had. Also I don't really think you've missed anything (or anything significant) on the review. Overall, this has my second favorite podcast I've heard from you guys. Great job & keep it up.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:40 pm

m121akuma wrote:Can we expect another in-depth review for D.O.N when that's released?
You bet your ass you can :).

Orochi_Rockman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Orochi_Rockman » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:53 am

He uses it against Yamcha AND Master Roshi.

He was using it against Roshi just to be an ass and used against Yamcha to demonstrate how he can learn moves just by watching them.