Episode #0037 (30 July 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:08 pm

Steven Perry wrote:Oh yes, and about this new Rachael person... Does she deliberately speak with a cute voice when talking on the podcast? :? And where'd she go for half the episode? Man, she's filled with mystery. Anyway, I hope the filler updates are good. OR ELSE! :twisted:
Well, it's Rachel, for one. I just used my normal speaking voice. :? I didn't really go anywhere; I'm just not a terribly talkative person, I guess. Just look at my post count. I'm also just very unfamiliar with most of the DBZ image songs. :(

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:49 pm

Really enjoying the podcast--I'm in the middle of listening to it as I type this. Anyone ever hear of "Ai Wa BARADO No You Ni"? It's a surprisingly dramatic Vegeta image song I found a while ago.

Anime Lyrics version of the song:
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/dbz/ainobaraado.htm

And this site has a more flowing translation of the lyrics:
http://www.powersugoi.net/tingdong/song.php?song=41

Any idea just where it comes from?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:53 pm

Well it's in the music database listed under CD sets: disc three of DBZ Complete Song Collection - Volume 4: Eien no Yakusoku.

You can see it there as:

Ai wa Barâdo no Yô ni ~Bejîta no Têma~
Love is Like a Ballad: Vegeta’s Theme
[Shin Ôya]

Hopefully this is what you meant. :lol:

Edit...!!

I'm also listening to the podcast right now, (didn't have time earlier this week, I know, shame on me) and I'm enjoying it a lot! DBZ songs gotta be one of my favorite subjects.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:10 am

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:Damn those little kids. They make reading domestic Yugioh that much more of a task for me (whenever I go to Borders that is...which is rare as it is.)

The episode was great. I wish I had more to say, but, uh...I don't.
LOL!

Say Mike, why the Yu-Gi-Oh! hating?? First my name then using it as an example, have you ever tried reading it??

EDIT: Hey guys, quick advice from me, if your ever at a bookstore and someone misspronounces Manga go grab an issue of Shôjô Beat and on the last page they list the pronounciation of it.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:01 pm

TripleRach wrote:
Steven Perry wrote:Oh yes, and about this new Rachael person... Does she deliberately speak with a cute voice when talking on the podcast? :? And where'd she go for half the episode? Man, she's filled with mystery. Anyway, I hope the filler updates are good. OR ELSE! :twisted:
Well, it's Rachel, for one. I just used my normal speaking voice. :? I didn't really go anywhere; I'm just not a terribly talkative person, I guess. Just look at my post count. I'm also just very unfamiliar with most of the DBZ image songs. :(
Don't feel bad, I know I woulda been just as lost in any image song discussion myself. In fact, I discovered during the podcast that several songs I regularly listen to (chiefly "He's Son Goku, " which has a damn good beat) are in fact image songs! ZOMGWTFWAFFLES.

Anyhow, I need to post more, so I thought I could at least say how much I am and have been enjoying the podcast every week. Also to say I'm looking forward to new filler guide-ness! Good luck with that, Rachel. :)
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:29 pm

TripleRach wrote:
Eyeheheh. Well, Rachel, if you want someone to talk to... ever get lonely or anything... I'm usually around the internets.

And of course, I'm always up for a round of Cyber-Pafu. How about we play a bit? Heheh.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:41 pm

It just occured to me that you guys didn't have Rachel go though your "rapid fire" questions. Did you forget or something? Well, I guess she could still answer them here (remember, they're all from DB/Z/GT):

Favorite...
- villain
- hero
- planet
- movie
- saga
- song
- game
- SSJ level
- Bulma haircut
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:43 am

Meri, on behalf of myself and all of my borders hermit friends, I apologize. Because I know that I have sat in aisles before reading manga.
:(

I just have to point out that there is no better way to spend the day than sitting in borders, drinking a smoothie and reading manga.
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

simon_winter

Post by simon_winter » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:00 pm

Cool to see that I'm not the only one really annoyed by rude aisle readers. I'm suddenly feeling a sense of validation for my anger...

Cyntigre

Post by Cyntigre » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:46 pm

Question:

At http://www.animelyrics.com, "Janjanka My Way" by Sachi Hanaoka is described as a Vegeta Image Song. Is it really? It's the second track of the 17th DBZ Hit Song Collection. Or is it one of those: "Hey, it sounds like it's about Vegeta, so it's probably an image song of his." Is it ever officially described as such? Just curious.

And as I'm a huge fan of the Dragonball music, I greatly enjoyed this podcast. Looking forward to next week and hearing about Battle Stadium DON (whose beginning theme I love). Hell, I'm contemplating getting a Japanese PS2 just for that reason.... Hironobu Kageyama is a god! He always sounds so passionate when singing, which makes the songs just that much more enjoyable.
[url=http://cyntigre.livejournal.com/]~Cyntigre's Livejournal~[/url]

tlsmith1963

Post by tlsmith1963 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:08 pm

What DBZ album is "Vegeta's Cooking Hell" on? I want that song! :lol:

Tammy

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:19 pm

tlsmith1963 wrote:What DBZ album is "Vegeta's Cooking Hell" on? I want that song! :lol:
Hit Collection 8:
http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/music/hit_cds.shtml

DBZ Complete Song Collection 2:
http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/music/cd_sets.shtml
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::