Episode #0038 (13 August 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:47 pm

VegettoEX wrote: {Goku Action Figure pictures}
:shock: Oh my god! Meri, why'd you get that? I'd be afraid it'd attack me while I'm sleeping or something. (Or maybe rape Mike or something. O_o; ) It's freaky looking. I think I'm going to have nightmares now, and it doesn't help how Yamcha's placed in front of him. :lol:
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:58 pm

Meri said fending off Cell was the last notable thing Tenshinhan did in the series. What about saving Dende and Mr.Satan from Majin Buu's blast?

Think about it. If he hadn't saved Mr.Satan in particular Satan would have most likely been killed and without Satan there would be no way to spawn Mr.Buu to hold off Kid Buu while Goku and Vegeta formulated their plan, not to mention there would be no one to convince the Earth to donate their energy to the Genki Dama that killed Buu.

Just a thought.

Mr. Announcer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr. Announcer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:16 pm

Yeah, I would also say Tenshinhan's popping in to help Gohan against Buu was pretty notable, even if all he did was fire one blast and get kicked down by Buu's lower half. Still some great moments you had there.

Curses, I didn't get to go Otakon this year but next year I'm totally there! I had some of my Dragonball art registered for me for the art show at least but from what I hear you guys spent most of your time at the panels and in the dealer's room.
For fanart that lacks in variety [url]http://www.announcerguy.deviantart.com[/url]

クリリンのことか~!!!

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:17 pm

Hey guys, just a quick question. At the end of this week's episode, you were playing what sounded like a remixed version of "Don't You See" from DBGT. Is this true? If so, where might I be able to get ahold of it? It sounded pretty enjoyable..
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:36 pm

VegettoEX wrote:<snip images>
*Masako Nozawa style scream (Huuuuueeeeeeiiiikghghgkkkkk!!!!!!!!)*
That is some of the funniest shit I've seen in my life! MikeEX, can I repost these somewhere else if I give credit to you?

Kristiann
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kristiann » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:21 pm

Ooooh, so I'm not the only one who was thinking about Nozawa Masako, uh, getting old... T_T

Great podcast! Thanks for entertaining us~ I've already seen/downloaded Naruto Ball Z. Bleh, boo to the people who booed Piccolo...

EDIT: LOL @ PuppetGuy!Tenshinhan XD
Want [b][url=http://db.kittenthecat.com/features/high-spirited-saga]Songs of a High-Spirited Saga[/url][/b]?
[b]DBZ Movie Trailers![/b]: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jjm1JU43z0]Namek on Fire[/url] / [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyPiWvvKxsk]Resident Evil[/url] / [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhMaYs5OGfY]Pirates of the Galaxy[/url]
[url=http://kittenthecat.com]KittenTheCat.Com[/url] | [url=http://db.kittenthecat.com]Orange Star - A Personal Tribute to Dragon Ball[/url]

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:50 am

Ooooh, so I'm not the only one who was thinking about Nozawa Masako, uh, getting old... T_T

I believe she'll be 70 in October. I wonder if she's aged well (hasn't seen any recent photos of her).
desirecampbell wrote:Good lord, that face...

Anyone see a resemblence? :lol:.
Last edited by Majin Buu on Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scottdahl

Post by scottdahl » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:57 am

i honestly would like a longer show but i understand why it was not longer.
Scott

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:56 am

Masako Nozawa's a little older than my grandma so I also worry about that.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:07 pm

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:21 pm

As somewhat amusing as that is, I won't tolerate those kinds of posts. It's one of my biggest internet pet-peeves (the no-text/single-image post with an attempted witty response, with further attempts to be ironic with the image).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:18 pm

?! Just to kinda nerd out Pokemon-wise, the name of the Team Rocket boss is Giovanni (in the dub, at least).

Hilarious podcast. I didn't really know why Andrew was there, but I won't complain about that. I'm not really looking forward to the DON review, since I don't have the game, but I'll probably listen to it anyways, since it's gonna be the last one before I start school :cry:.

And kudos for having "Don't you See!" as the ending theme.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:25 pm

VegettoEX wrote:As somewhat amusing as that is, I won't tolerate those kinds of posts. It's one of my biggest internet pet-peeves (the no-text/single-image post with an attempted witty response, with further attempts to be ironic with the image).
If so, you can delete the post if you feel it neccassary. My apologies.

...I didn't think it was that funny either >>;

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:59 am

Congrats on all 38 amazing episodes! I continually look forward to these as my DB information sources, as well as my way to "chillax" on a Sunday night. :D

I'm looking forward to watching the redubs of Movies 2 & 3, because I'm masochistic, and I have a sick interest in seeing how FUNi will alter/A.K.A. f**k up the dub.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:30 pm

I really wanted to stay to see the Iron Editor thingy but I had to run. So it ended up I pretty much went to Baltimore for DBZ Movie 13 and then had to return to ol' Brooklyn. Sucks for me. Well, I got crap to tend to so thats my last post till Sept. See ya!

tlsmith1963

Post by tlsmith1963 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:48 pm

Question about Otakon: Did Funimation say anything about the Ultimate Uncut DVDs & why they decided to discontinue the single DVDs & announced the Season 1 boxset?

Tammy

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:59 pm

I think somebody asked about that at the panel at Otakon, and I don't totally remember what Lance said in return other than that they're gonna be making Season boxsets from here on out. Whether or not that applies to everything past the Namek saga or not, we're not sure.

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:42 am

Must listen!!! I'll give feedback after listening.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!