Episode #0039 (20 August 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:48 pm

Great Saiyaman wrote:ZOMGz the Vegeto EX-ness & the Meri-ness, what a cute couple.
Yeah, and now all we need is a clip of them in moving form speak.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:05 pm

Kristiann wrote:EDIT: Hey, what version of "Sabitsuita Machine Gun..." is used for the podcast's ending? It's nice...
Its' Komatsu Miho's version. She's the one who wrote the song, but WANDS originally sang it. :wink:

Yeah, I did a search on Komatsu's version of the song, but I can't find a CD title with it on in.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:34 pm

Kristiann wrote:EDIT: Hey, what version of "Sabitsuita Machine Gun..." is used for the podcast's ending? It's nice...
Adding a req for a source on that song! Sabitsuita Machine Gun is one of my favorite DB/Z/GT songs and that sounded like a great version of it.

dakstarlander

Post by dakstarlander » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:57 pm

I enjoyed the podcast and I think that Battle Stadium D.O.N. would be a game I'd love to experience sometime even with the glaring flaws of mispronounced names and characters acting like marionettes. Super Smash Bros. has always been one of my favorites so if this is indeed very much so based on that style then I would be very happy indeed.

I was curious if there will be a podcast review of Sparking Neo whenever it comes out in October. I was also wondering, (in particular with the gaming reviews), if you would ever go back and review older games for future podcasts (like the Budokai's or older first generation games). I'd just like to ask since I am a big gamer and I enjoy listening to differing opinions.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:10 am

dakstarlander wrote:I was curious if there will be a podcast review of Sparking Neo whenever it comes out in October. I was also wondering, (in particular with the gaming reviews), if you would ever go back and review older games for future podcasts (like the Budokai's or older first generation games). I'd just like to ask since I am a big gamer and I enjoy listening to differing opinions.
A Sparking! NEO review would definitely be cool. As far as older game reviews though, personally I wouldn't enjoy them. I think anybody who is ever going to play any of the older Budokai's probably already has. I would think it would be a waste of a podcast. But that's just me :o .

dakstarlander

Post by dakstarlander » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:03 am

Slickmasterfunk wrote: As far as older game reviews though, personally I wouldn't enjoy them. I think anybody who is ever going to play any of the older Budokai's probably already has. I would think it would be a waste of a podcast. But that's just me :o .
I guess a full blown review would be pretty boring. But maybe a list or something would work. Like say for example the five best dragonball games or something. Then say the pros and cons pretty quickly. I do think it would be impossible, nay unthinkable, to do a full review for a couple old games.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:20 am

Meri usually does the top 5 lists and she's not really a gamer.

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:41 am

Tenka-Ichi wrote:
Great Saiyaman wrote:ZOMGz the Vegeto EX-ness & the Meri-ness, what a cute couple.
Yeah, and now all we need is a clip of them in moving form speak.
Haha! Moving form speak!

It's things like that in the podcast that really make me laugh out loud. :lol:

"You thanking much, Topic! TOPIC!!"
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:47 am

I have a question about DON for anyone that has it. With Jump Superstars you have to know how to read Japanese to really play it well. Is it the same for this game (am thinking of importing it for Gamecube).

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:55 pm

You need to know how to read japanese to play Jump SuperStars well?????

And no, not for D.O.N
- Life is a game, play it!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:48 pm

EvilGamerX wrote:You need to know how to read japanese to play Jump SuperStars well?????

And no, not for D.O.N
C'mon, let's not play and act dumb. This isn't the place for it.

Yes, there is a very heavy placement of Japanese text throughout Jump Superstars. If you don't have one of two (or both) very good FAQs at your immediate reach, I'd suggest taking up several years of a study plan. OK, so you can probably get by in the game without reading anything... just winning, not getting hit, keeping your energy at its max, etc. (like EvilGamerX suggests doing in D.O.N.)... but I think following the rules and missions is MUCH more essential to Jump Superstars than it is with D.O.N.. There's a far greater number of "more essential" things to unlock (like all the characters!).

In short, D.O.N. is much more import-friendly in terms of accessibility (but JSS will just load up on any ol' DS :P).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:25 pm

Oh yeah the missions. It has been too long. I posted an image...

http://img428.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ionwt0.jpg

in another thread a few days ago.

Yea, I just kinda got lucky with things through trial and error (and I beat both games completely in a time of 2 days for each... (sad, I know)).
So that is why I say you don't really need to know japanese. I'm not playing dumb.
- Life is a game, play it!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:58 am

I greatly enjoyed the D.O.N ending. The scene with Piccolo was hilarious.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:15 pm

Just an additional Nam filler factoid:
In the filler, Nam attended the 22nd Budoukai (that's the one in the Tenshinhan Saga, right?), but was eliminated in the prelims by Tenshinhan.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:53 am

Great podcast guys, unfortunatly, I probably won't buy D.O.N. but , it was still a great review.

The episode with Nam was one of the first I ever saw, so I remember him good.
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?