Episode #0072 (08 April 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0072 (08 April 2007)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:12 am

Episode #0072 (download MP3)
56:27; 64 kbps, mono; 25.8 MB

Episode #0072! VegettoEX, Meri, Julian, and Jeff review, analyze, and discuss volume three of the manga. What about this particular volume makes it such a classic that brings a giant smile to our faces? Various items of news, April's releases, and a good batch of e-mails round out the episode. Referenced sites: Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the splendid *seventy-two* episodes, now.

We're back, once again, to rock the manga review, analysis, etc. of awesomeness... and this time it's f0 realz. Volume 3 is certainly one of our favorites from the entire series, so check out what we had to say about it. Some other great things are sprinkled throughout the episode. Because that's what we do. Here are some pictures. And stuff.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:13 am

But...Julian's dead! :shock:

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:17 am

fps_anth wrote:But...Julian's dead! :shock:
Since it's Easter, Jesus brought him back. Good to have you back, Mr. Julian! :p

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:18 am

Jesus or Shenlong? Either way awesome early update, I'm going to go listen to it now.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:54 am

Awesome podcast. At first, when Mike mentioned that he wanted to talk about something from a past podcast episode, I thought it would've been about the April Fools one. Oh well...

Also, I agree that the third volume is one of the best of the early volumes. I know for a fact that when I was letting me friends read the series, their favorite of the ones they've read was the little stories out of this volume. And they read up to volume 15 of DB and they're casual readers, so take that as you will. I especially liked the training Roshi put the kiddies through, in particular the rock in the jungle one.

Oh great, now I wanna buy that particular saga set from FUNi. Though from what you guys've said, it seems like the earlier sagas aren't as readily available anymore.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:47 am

Umm I can't the podcast for some reason, neither on the download link or on itunes. :?
Remember these things I tell you
*Dragonball GT: The GT Stands for Good Tunes
DS Friend Code

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:26 am

I could only get the link to work through the podcast page on the site... the forum link didn't agree with me. :(.

*Takes the reference to the dragonballs as evidence that Daizenshuu GT will happen next year when someone tries to make a wish and Vegeto EX with a scouter comes out of the balls*.

A lot was covered in a relatively short space! Clever crafting and daizenGlue for scattered topics ™ makes fun to be acquired.
/eggform
Why didn't I realize what the Japanese at the end is until the English Translation was spoken? :( I'm a bad student!
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:56 am

I can get it off the forum link just fine :?

PrincessVegeta
Banned

Post by PrincessVegeta » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:44 pm

Awsome, thanks for the podcast :wink:
The Ultimate Funimation Fangirl.

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:55 pm

JAKEMAN wrote:Umm I can't the podcast for some reason, neither on the download link or on itunes. :?
I had that problem before with iTunes. If you have suscribed right click and then click Update Podcast.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:27 pm

I've mentioned it before, but here it goes again. iTunes won't look for new episodes of a podcast unless you've explicity told it how often to look for them. By default, it only checks every three days. I'm a bastard and have mine check every hour.

Right-clicking and doing "Update Podcast" is just a kindly-worded way of saying, "Dammit, iTunes... pay attention to the feed RIGHT NOW and see if anything's been added to it."

And now back to the subject at hand :).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:03 pm

JAKEMAN wrote:Umm I can't the podcast for some reason, neither on the download link or on itunes. :?
I can't seem to get it either...

And if JAKEMAN has the same problem I do, then none of what Mike, or anyone else, just said is going to help... (Because, no matter what I try, the darn thing simply WON'T download. :?)

Edit: Oh yay! It's downloading now. No idea why it wouldn't the other day though.
Last edited by SaiyamanMS on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:46 pm

Happy Zombie Jesus Day...?

Hmm...

Despite that oddness, I enjoyed the podcast & the manga review. Volumes 3 & 4 are some of my favorite volumes of Dragon Ball ever. Keep it up, guys.

- Bilis
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:30 pm

I actually read along with my Graphic novel this time around. I realized I might as well considering I have all of Dragonball collected XD;

I noticed actually (back when this episode was on CN) that the "kame" symbol on the rock, just so happens to look very much like a "Z". S'possible that that COULD have been another reason as to how Toriyama came up with the second title for that part of the show.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:17 pm

I think the new DVD release is somewhat because of somthing I did. No joke or pun intended. I did send them an email through the feedback on the DBZOA website. I sent them an email asking for a release of the Mexican dub. So if I am responsible for this, I will never know because they didn't get back with me. Just an interesting tidbit for the record. As for the "Pan de Piccolo" I think that they could have just as easily made it Plan de Piccolo. One thing I don't understand is how they didn't hire an expert to edit the work done and to check everything. THAT might have helped them with the whole video quality issue in the Ultimate Uncuts and the Boxsets a.k.a. the Big Orange Brick or BOB.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:15 pm

Great Podcast as usual. I like it that we finally have Julian for one of the "Manga Review of Awsomeness" segments.

I'm really considering buying one or two of those R2 Dragonball DVD's. It's just a bit more money than I can spend at the moment though. I'll probably buy them sometime in the summer. Even though I love the suspense of going home everyday and checking the mailbox and then saying, "Damnit it's not here yet! I'm going to kill sombody!" Sometimes I get so impatient that I even check the mail on a Sunday. :lol:

It would be really cool if you could post up a list of some really good AMV's because there are thousands of videos on AMV.org and it's hard to tell which ones are freaking amazing, and ones that are meh.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:22 pm

Drabaz wrote: It would be really cool if you could post up a list of some really good AMV's because there are thousands of videos on AMV.org and it's hard to tell which ones are freaking amazing, and ones that are meh.
"There's a site, too?"

There's Mike's favorites.

And AMV.org's forums has a specific thread for listing great DragonBall AMVs. There's plenty of good'uns in there.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:40 pm

Wow, that AOL retrospective was pretty bad. They mixed up US and European box covers, called Sparking by the name "Sparkling" and...

They forgot about Dragon Ball Z Sagas! </GeorgeBushImitation>

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:38 pm

"There's a site, too?"

There's Mike's favorites.

And AMV.org's forums has a specific thread for listing great DragonBall AMVs. There's plenty of good'uns in there.
I knew about the list he has on the site but he said that he hasn't posted up any new ones that he thought were great. I didn't know about the forum thread though. Thanks a lot for that.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:42 am

Drabaz wrote:I knew about the list he has on the site but he said that he hasn't posted up any new ones that he thought were great. I didn't know about the forum thread though. Thanks a lot for that.
I just added the one new one we quasi-mentioned during the show during the podcast's update. It's on the "Other Favorites" page. To be perfectly honesty, I just haven't seen any others that I actually felt were... uhh... good.