Episode #0124 (13 April 2008)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0124 (13 April 2008)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Episode #0124 (download MP3)
42:09; 64 kbps, mono; 19.2 MB

Episode #0124! VegettoEX records an episode without anyone else, but decides he should at least invite Jeff over to make it more interesting than a conversation with himself. Our first episode without a real "topic" section ends up with one, anyway, discussing IGN's intriguing "What's Wrong With DBZ" series of articles. Your e-mails and our on-going DVD contest round out the episode. Referenced sites:
Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the appalling *one-hundred-twenty-four* episodes, now.

Yes, we are aware that since we recorded this, the second part of the article has been posted over at IGN. The episode was completely recorded and edited last Friday, since I've been out of town all weekend... deal :P. We'll mention the second part in next week's episode! Looks like our predictions about it were somewhat true, though...! ^_~

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:46 pm

It seems that you don't have the DBZ CD BOX yet, looks like no review.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:28 pm

Thanks for the podcast, it's always a joy to listen to. I'll have to listen to the other few that I downloaded before i get to this one.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Eh, with no real topic actually set up, I would've been fine with just an episode completely done in the style of the Stuff Segment of the podcast. You guys have gone long enough actually staying on topic throughout the entire episode. It's about time you guys just make an episode where you guys just go off on random tangents in your life :P.

An okay episode this week, but nothing super awesome.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:53 pm

Fun and different episode this week. Plus I totally jumped when I was passively listening for a moment only to hear my name and my e-mail read. Interesting twist with the condescending-ness.

Anyways, I hope that Mike gets his Cho Zenshu soon. I don't have the cash for it right now, but even I'm antsy to finally get my hands on it.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:55 pm

No! First Handsome Tom leaves Stuttering Craig and Screwattack.com and now Julian is abandoning Mike and DaizEX *sobs*.

Okay, I just had to get that little joke out of my system.
I don't really have a whole lot to say except that that was a fun episode. I definitly laughed when you guys made the comment about the fans possibly being brought up in the second part of that IGN article, good foresight.

About the Youtube comment. It's entirely possible that that was intended to be a response to someone's comment. I once made a response to someone and my comment just went to the top of the list of comments all by it's lonesome, instead of going underneath and indented from the comment I responded to. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Yikes. Julian? Mad? I hope not. Good to know he's alive and well, but I'm quite curious as to why he'd "snub" the site. I'd like to think he has a decent enough reason, though, such as not having time to get back to you.

As for the depleted crew? Despite the lack of the regulars, you and Jeff were awesome together. Maybe once he's "educated", he could be the fourth member of the podcast?

Finally, here's hoping the trip went well!
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

Gr8t Saiyaman

Post by Gr8t Saiyaman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:15 pm

I loved hearing my e-mail on the podcast last night! I'm still very curious about Meri and Julian's favorite foreign DBZ songs. I listened to "What's My Destiny" on youtube and love it. Good pick Mike!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:42 pm

Wouldn't having Jeff read the "What's Wrong with DBZ" article somewhat spoil his virgin perspective?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:46 pm

Herms wrote:Wouldn't having Jeff read the "What's Wrong with DBZ" article somewhat spoil his virgin perspective?
He saw the Cell saga back in the VHS fansub days, so he's not quite as much of a virgin as we make him out to be sometimes :D.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:24 pm

Awesome episode.

I want pics of the CD BOX SET!!

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:27 pm

wtb Julian :(

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:12 pm

Ah, I'm finally listening to this podcast now. I'd like to point out that for the dub ending of Dragon Ball on Cartoon Network, it only plays the first verse. It's terrible. D: However, on the DVDs they apparently have a fuller version, cause I can only find that one on youtube. But it goes like this.
Be as free as you can be, a childlike love of fantasy,
Make your dreams come true; you’ll see fantasy...magic can happen to you!
And that's the whole ending on Cartoon Network. xD

Oh, and that "What's Wrong with DBZ" article is really interesting.

Good episode! :3
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]