Why didn't Spain get Dragon Ball Kai?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

JohnnyCashKami
Advanced Regular

Why didn't Spain get Dragon Ball Kai?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:53 pm

The Spanish (Castillan) part of Spain, that is. Catalunya and Galicia had their own Kai dubs but the main part of Spain.. nope. Any reason why?

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Re: Why didn't Spain get Dragon Ball Kai?

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:08 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:53 pm
The Spanish (Castillan) part of Spain, that is. Catalunya and Galicia had their own Kai dubs but the main part of Spain.. nope. Any reason why?
We don't know. A Castilian Spanish dub was announced to be in production and then...nothing. It seems to have suffered the fate of the Ocean dub of Kai.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:34 am

Not even that. We know Ocean Kai covered all 98 episodes of Kai 1.0 . Is there any evidence the Castellan Spanish dub even got as far as the arrival of Vegeta and Nappa on Earth, let alone a complete dub of Ep 1?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

JohnnyCashKami
Advanced Regular

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:50 pm

Danfun64 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:34 am
Not even that. We know Ocean Kai covered all 98 episodes of Kai 1.0 . Is there any evidence the Castellan Spanish dub even got as far as the arrival of Vegeta and Nappa on Earth, let alone a complete dub of Ep 1?
I was told that Selecta Vision would be releasing the Castillan dub of Dragon Ball Kai but I've never seen any proof neither has SV confirmed or denied it (I asked via Twitter and they'd answer a good number of times to other inquiries). This was probably around 2013 (if I remember correctly) when I read about it from a guy in Spain.

Selecta Visión has released just about every Dragon Ball series except Kai.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:49 am

Could it be because Kai is just Z with less filler?