Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" Dub Turns 14; Still Unreleased

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" Dub Turns 11; Still Unreleased

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:28 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:09 pmAs far as Ian Sinclair being a "non-union actor" is concerned, that doesn't necessarily mean the World Trigger dub is non-union (though it certainly points to that being the case). A quirk of the US's ridiculously convoluted organized labor laws is that there are two kinds of states when it comes to unions: "union security states" and "right-to-work" states. If you join a union, then no matter where in the country you are based, you are technically not allowed to work on non-union projects and you are required to pay union dues in order to retain membership...however, depending on where you live, you may not have to join. In union security states (like California and New York), you have to join a union in order to get union work. In right-to-work states (like Texas), you are not required to join a union at all to get union work. That's how actors who aren't in LA like Colleen Clinkenbeard, Kaitlin Glass, and Mike McFarland have recently been in union dubs for a few Netflix shows.
I wasn't suggesting World Trigger is a nonunion dub. Assuming it's Ocean again, the Vancouver actors should be getting their ACTRA rates and benefits. I was simply pointing out that if Toei had issues with Ocean hiring talent outside of their usual scope, they wouldn't promote (potentially even request) Sinclair's involvement. Ocean has history with mixing ACTRA members and non-ACTRA members in their productions. We know Kai did cast some characters out of Calgary. World Trigger did, too. Nonunion U.S. talent shouldn't be any bigger of a barrier beyond remote recording logistics (which is something they've done with Vanguard Overdress).

As for Dai's distribution, well, after Kai you'd think they'd know better than to put the cart in front of the horse again. With World Trigger, they did a 5-episode pilot before being picked up by Primo TV.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:15 am

Thanks to all for the updates, always really interesting to read all about how the industry and unions work. Although I can understand TOEI's want for Ocean to prioritize Dragon Quest Dai, I don't know why it and Kai can't both air on Toon-A-Vision considering kids who watch one will be very likely to enjoy the other.

I guess the question is now, since it's been three weeks since the individual I contacted at Toon-A-Vision proceeded to email Ken Morrison again after seeing my eagerness for his channel to acquire Kai, should I message him again to see if Ken has responded to his email?

I'm conscious that there's probably only so much my contact can reveal, but maybe it's worth trying because even little nuggets like this are extremely insightful and shed more light regarding the current status of this dub.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:32 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:15 am I guess the question is now, since it's been three weeks since the individual I contacted at Toon-A-Vision proceeded to email Ken Morrison again after seeing my eagerness for his channel to acquire Kai, should I message him again to see if Ken has responded to his email?

I'm conscious that there's probably only so much my contact can reveal, but maybe it's worth trying because even little nuggets like this are extremely insightful and shed more light regarding the current status of this dub.
I'd let it be for a while. I totally get your enthusiasm, but emailing too frequently may unintentionally give your contact the wrong idea. Emailing once every 4-6 months is what an enthusiastic but polite fan does, whereas emailing once every few weeks can come off as demanding. Don't get me wrong, I--and I'm sure everybody else here--totally get that you're not being demanding, I'm just saying it may inadvertently come across that way, which could backfire towards getting this dub on the air. We can take solace, I think, in the fact that it appears discussions appear to be happening, even if Kai isn't necessarily Ocean's no. 1 priority!
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:38 am

Ok, so update time, as I did get another message from this source at Toon-A-Vision. Turns out Ken Morrison emailed him back to say he will update him I January about the situation with Kai as it's up to TOEI's head office in Japan now. Here's hoping that means negotiations went smoothly with the US office, but I didn't ask about any of that. Going to take TheBlackPaladin's advice about being an eager, but polite fan.

Now, as we end another year without seeing Ocean Kai I must remind everyone here to never give up. It's still being shipped around, and there's still a chance, however slim it will be seen finally. On a similar note I was talking to a few other anime fans and learned that the Spanish dub for Katekyô Hitman Reborn was recorded in 2011(ish), around 150/204 episodes were recorded but never aired until May this year, when Pluto TV Spain decided to acquire the show, so like Ocean Kai, dubs do get produced in full and stuck in limbo for absurd lengths of time, only to finally get released. As long as the masters still exist and it's not written off as a tax loss there's always a chance.

Going into 2022 if there's no sign of this dub we can always email Toon-A-Vision every 4-6 months. They have said a lot of people expressed interest and asked again when I enquired. I say if we keep them reminded sporadically that people want to see this dub it could eventually air.

Until then Merry Christmas everyone :thumbup:
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

SX10
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SX10 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:41 am

That's pretty amazing insight and you're keeping the dream alive man. Fingers crossed, I think Ocean will have to focus on pushing newer product and I hope Toei really understand that if they can make a dollar on it, make the damn dollar. It's what they love to do best, right?

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to all you guys! Let's keep hope alive :D
"Four eyes, ever had four black eyes?" -- Brian Drummond's Vegeta

https://youtu.be/5TW1njkk52Q -- Dragon Ball Sheep

2quid

Post by 2quid » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:18 pm

Man, I feel like I really came of age on these forums, reading all these insightful messages and finding out so much more about the labyrinth that is TV programming. I was searching for a particular email and stumbled across one I had sent to Kix as a precocious 12 and a half year old - I don't recommend anyone message a channel the way I did by the way, but I thought I'd share it all the same:
To the CSC Media Group

Your channels for children have very good programmes, however it might be in the better interests of the company if you opened a channel for children dedicated to more mainstream programming such as:

Pokemon(all seasons & all movies) Beyblade original series(seasons 1,2,3 & movie) Battle B-Daman Yu-Gi-Oh!( all 4 seasons & all 2 movies)

Digimon(all seasons & all movies) Magical DoReMi Sonic X Tai Chi Chasers Z-Squad
I hope that you will take this seriously as I am sure it will increase the amount of viewers you receive. It would be better to give these programmes their own channels because if you added them in the schedules of POP!, Kix! or Popgirl it might mean taking away some other valuable programming and I am positive viewers don't want that to happen.If you do decide that this channel will be included with the rest of your children channels then the programmes mentioned above must be included. I also want to see this channel make an appearance before the end of Summer 2012.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

A viewer
Slightly embarrassing, but what can you do? I was little. All that to say, it was seeing you guys talk about this stuff day in, day out, that even made me confident enough to put together something like that, I'm sure I copy pasted a lot of the more grown up sounding bits from here, and for what it's worth, didn't Kix start airing Yugioh Zexal (the newest yugioh anime at the time) not too long after this email?

Keep at it everyone! If nothing else, take heart in the education you gave to Little idiots like me.

P.S. it's still kinda crazy that we don't know the specifics of how Toei/Funimation meddled with Kix's interest in the ocean dub...
> Spends 10 years lurking on Ocean Kai threads

"You're basically a TV Exec"

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:28 pm

No updates on the Ocean dub, but I couldn't help but notice that the Dragon Ball-centric convention, "Kamehacon," is happening in ten days...and the guest list is not only quite expansive, but includes a large number of Ocean alumni. So, if anybody is going and wants to ask some of the actors (like Saffron Henderson and Terry Klassen, among others) if they were in the Ocean dub of Kai...this may be your chance to do so.

My guess is that they're all still under NDA, so you may not get definitive answers, but on the other hand, for some actors the NDA has entered "It's been so many years and it's probably not getting released, so who cares at this point"-territory.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:44 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:28 pm No updates on the Ocean dub, but I couldn't help but notice that the Dragon Ball-centric convention, "Kamehacon," is happening in ten days...and the guest list is not only quite expansive, but includes a large number of Ocean alumni. So, if anybody is going and wants to ask some of the actors (like Saffron Henderson and Terry Klassen, among others) if they were in the Ocean dub of Kai...this may be your chance to do so.
Interesting how a lot of those actors are from the Westwood and Blue Water dubs, which most US fans have never seen. It's cool they were able to get them though, even if it does cause some confusion among the less informed fans.

Another curious thing is the character pictures they have for certain actors, which feel slightly misleading. Alistair Abel has a picture of Raditz who he only voiced for 1 brief flashback. Same for Brian Dobson as Future Gohan and Terry Klassen as King Vegeta respectively.

I can definitely see it confusing some fans. Suppose a fan goes to see Alistair Abel because he "voiced Raditz", only to learn that he only voiced him in the Canadian dub. So perhaps they remember the Ocean cast from the early Saban days, and say "Oh you're the OG English Raditz from my childhood. That's awesome! Keep your eye on the birdy!", to which he has to say "Actually that was the other Canadian Raditz Jason Gray Stanford. I only voiced him for one scene which you probably never saw."

The thing that happened between Sean and Peter was legitmately uncalled for, because Peter's Goku actually was part of the US broadcast and many US fans are familiar with his work. I guess I'm trying to play devil's advocate and say that I undestand the frustration and confusion that can occur among actors and fans alike in these situations.

It's like the controversy surrounding Tony Moran, who played unmasked Michael Myers for 5 seconds in the original Halloween, and went to conventions taking full credit as "The original Michael Myers". I can definitely see how it rubs people up the wrong way.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:27 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:28 pm So, if anybody is going and wants to ask some of the actors (like Saffron Henderson and Terry Klassen, among others) if they were in the Ocean dub of Kai...this may be your chance to do so.
Regarding Saffron Henderson she heavily implied reprising Gohan after Z, which could only mean she played him in Kai, that would probably rule out Jillian Michaels too. Brian Drummond also told NitroEX he was confident Terry Klassen wasn't returning because Klassen has moved almost entirely to directing. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask if he did it again as a once-off.

Alistair Abell is worth asking to find out if he reprised Future Trunks, although that may be the one new unnamed role the late Kirby Morrow was reportedly cast in, alternatively it could have also been Bardock he played. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to ask Brian Dobson if he played Dr Gero or any other characters in this dub.
90sDBZ wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:44 pmInteresting how a lot of those actors are from the Westwood and Blue Water dubs, which most US fans have never seen. It's cool they were able to get them though, even if it does cause some confusion among the less informed fans.
I would say that most people going to Kameha Con are hardcore enough to be informed about the nuances of the various English dubs as it's a Dragon Ball-centric con, and even if not they will be surrounded by fans who know that it will be easier to learn than it would at a general anime con.

I agree it is great that a lot of the Canadian cast are going. I would love to go to a con to see several of them, but flights to the US aren't cheap from Ireland, so hopefully SaiyaCon happens again soon.
90sDBZ wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:44 pmThe thing that happened between Sean and Peter was legitmately uncalled for, because Peter's Goku actually was part of the US broadcast and many US fans are familiar with his work. I guess I'm trying to play devil's advocate and say that I undestand the frustration and confusion that can occur among actors and fans alike in these situations.
Schemmel seems to be very protective of his role, given the history of English-speaking Gokus and how easily they can be replaced I can understand to an extent why he might have anxieties about losing such an iconic role, even if I don't agree with some of his past actions, like what happened when Kirby Morrow was being marketed at a US con as "the English voice of Goku".

While I did like Schemmel as Goku Black I think it would have been neat to see Peter Kelamis play that role and seen himself and Schemmel interacting with one another on-screen like we did with Sabat and Drummond. Ah well, maybe if Toon-A-Vision airs Kai soon and it does well we could eventually see Ocean dubs of TFC and Super. If anyone wants this to happen, I do highly encourage you to email them here asking for the "Ocean Studios Dragon Ball Kai dub" if you haven't done so already. I can confirm a higher-up in the company informed me a lot of people have asked them about Kai, and I've recently convinced two more fans privately on Discord to reach out. I'm holding off on asking them did Ken Morrison hear back from TOEI Japan in January of this year as the person at Toon-A-Vision I spoke to likely signed an NDA if it was approved, but the more we make our voices heard the more they will try to acquire it for broadcast.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:14 am

90sDBZ wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:44 pm
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:28 pm No updates on the Ocean dub, but I couldn't help but notice that the Dragon Ball-centric convention, "Kamehacon," is happening in ten days...and the guest list is not only quite expansive, but includes a large number of Ocean alumni. So, if anybody is going and wants to ask some of the actors (like Saffron Henderson and Terry Klassen, among others) if they were in the Ocean dub of Kai...this may be your chance to do so.
Interesting how a lot of those actors are from the Westwood and Blue Water dubs, which most US fans have never seen. It's cool they were able to get them though, even if it does cause some confusion among the less informed fans.

Another curious thing is the character pictures they have for certain actors, which feel slightly misleading. Alistair Abel has a picture of Raditz who he only voiced for 1 brief flashback. Same for Brian Dobson as Future Gohan and Terry Klassen as King Vegeta respectively.

I can definitely see it confusing some fans. Suppose a fan goes to see Alistair Abel because he "voiced Raditz", only to learn that he only voiced him in the Canadian dub. So perhaps they remember the Ocean cast from the early Saban days, and say "Oh you're the OG English Raditz from my childhood. That's awesome! Keep your eye on the birdy!", to which he has to say "Actually that was the other Canadian Raditz Jason Gray Stanford. I only voiced him for one scene which you probably never saw."

Abel being Future Trunks would be a far bigger draw than him being Raditz for 5 seconds. And Vale is also attending so that would avoid any confusion. Likewise Klassen being advertised as having voiced King Vegeta one brief time isn't what is going to get him attention. Being the original English Krillin (Harmony Gold dub aside) is and maybe being one of the English dub writers who stayed on even when ADR work switched to Texas.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:00 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:14 am
Abel being Future Trunks would be a far bigger draw than him being Raditz for 5 seconds. And Vale is also attending so that would avoid any confusion. Likewise Klassen being advertised as having voiced King Vegeta one brief time isn't what is going to get him attention. Being the original English Krillin (Harmony Gold dub aside) is and maybe being one of the English dub writers who stayed on even when ADR work switched to Texas.
He did stay on? I feel like I knew this, but then again, it's kind of like: why was Sonny Strait originally asked to imitate Klassen's Krillin (before Strait took it the other easy) when they had access to... well, Klassen's Krillin?

Is there hope with the recent mergers and acquisitions that we just might get this thing released!?!? Not likely. BUT a boy can dream.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:56 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:00 pm

He did stay on? I feel like I knew this, but then again, it's kind of like: why was Sonny Strait originally asked to imitate Klassen's Krillin (before Strait took it the other easy) when they had access to... well, Klassen's Krillin?

Is there hope with the recent mergers and acquisitions that we just might get this thing released!?!? Not likely. BUT a boy can dream.

As a writer yes. He was writing for the dub well into the Cell saga. (Might of for the Buu saga as well but I'm pretty sure he was gone by GT and I know he didn't write for Dragon Ball aside from him and Ian getting credited for the redub of the Pilaf saga as those episodes copied their scripts they wrote for the 95 dub almost verbatim)

The dubbing itself was being done in Texas. Klassen and Perry's script were just sent in by mail. Obviously mailing in a script is cheaper than flying Klassen himself down to record.

I feel like fans focus way too much on distinguishing the Ocean/Vancouver years as separate from the Funi/Texas years it gets ignored that Funimation's dub has always used a mix of Canadian and American writers. Even during the days the show was recorded at Ocean you had Chris Forbis and Chris Neel and Gregg Hurwitz https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_Hurwitz writing for the dub alongside Ian Corlett and Terry Klassen. And when dubbing switched to Texas Terry Klassen was still writing for the dub in addition to Ward Perry

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:45 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:27 am Regarding Saffron Henderson she heavily implied reprising Gohan after Z, which could only mean she played him in Kai, that would probably rule out Jillian Michaels too.
If I were a betting man, I'd say that's probably what she meant too. That said, "Temporarily replaced but got to do lots more," could also just be talking about her acting career in general, so it'd be nice to have her status as Gohan's Kai voice actor moved out of the realm of "heavy implication" and into "confirmed," though! :)
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:27 amAlistair Abell is worth asking to find out if he reprised Future Trunks, although that may be the one new unnamed role the late Kirby Morrow was reportedly cast in...

Whooooa, whoa, whoa, whoa, that's news to me! Kirby Morrow was in the dub after all? Ahh man, I gave up hope on seeing this dub a long time ago, but just because I gave up hope doesn't mean I gave up the desire to see it. I feel like honoring Kirby's work alone would be a great reason to release this dub.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:51 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:00 pmIs there hope with the recent mergers and acquisitions that we just might get this thing released!?!? Not likely. BUT a boy can dream.
I really hope so, it's anyone's guess how the industry could change with Funimation now being rebranded as Crunchyroll, although, like with Funimation buying and rebranding Manga UK this could again amount to no significant changes.

I have been told Manga UK at one point wanted to include the Ocean dubs as additional audio tracks on their orange brick releases, but were unaware they were edited dubs, so the higher-ups wanting a bilingual release for a flagship property shot down the idea. Sadly the company seems to be all but dead as several staff have been made redundant with everything being moved to the US.

I had thought that because Funimation's name is being phased out that we could finally see Ocean's independent dubs getting home releases, because before this mergers the argument was always "Funimation wouldn't release the Canadian dubs because they are competing products and its not their job to promote another company's English dub", but now that the company in question is Crunchyroll the existing Funimation dubs should in theory occupy the same status as the various Ocean dubs (Westwood, Blue Water, Kai), that being productions Crunchyroll didn't create but acquired. Either way I hope that there is an uncut version of Ocean Kai so it wouldn't take too much work to make everything fit the edited master (which we know exists because it aired on Nicktoons, albeit with Funimation's dub) particularly the replacement score, which we won't know how that could be reworked until we hear how it's placed.

The Ocean dubs could very easily be released though. Fans have long attributed them to AB Groupe, but the truth is AB never had anything to do with them other than at one time European distribution and providing video masters from the last 4 episodes of Z, and all of GT and original Dragon Ball. As Westwood and IPP, which were production arms of Ocean were behind all these dubs the relevant rights belong to Ocean, and all Crunchyroll would need to do to give any of them physical releases is negotiate with Ocean (who still have all the final masters) and get TOEI's approval.

As it stands I'm not sure how much is being moved from Texas to California. I've always suspected dubbing would remain at Okratron, any of Funimation's other operations I'm still trying to find out. Currently it appears Crunchyroll's CEO Colin Decker is stepping down to be replaced by Funimation Chief Operating Officer Rahul Purini (basically a promotion for him), so I have my doubts anything will change within the company other than them no longer having a crap streaming service, but time will tell.

The first step will be to get Ocean Kai on TV though, so I again urge anyone who wants to see it released express your interest to Toon-A-Vision.
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:45 pmWhooooa, whoa, whoa, whoa, that's news to me! Kirby Morrow was in the dub after all? Ahh man, I gave up hope on seeing this dub a long time ago, but just because I gave up hope doesn't mean I gave up the desire to see it. I feel like honoring Kirby's work alone would be a great reason to release this dub.
.... maybe you can file this under heavy implication too, as it just seems to be the impression Lee Tockar is under, but I agree it would be nice for this dub to be released to pay tribute to Kirby if he was in any roles.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:07 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:27 am Regarding Saffron Henderson she heavily implied reprising Gohan after Z, which could only mean she played him in Kai
That would be cool to see. I always liked her Gohan, and it would be great to hear her voice him for the Cell Games as she originally left shortly before that point in Z. I remember her doing a great job of the scene were he goes SS1 in the Time Chamber, so it would be great to hear her take on the SS2 scenes. The early Westwood dub felt very rushed and some performances definitely suffered, but the standouts Brian Drummond, Scott McNeil, and Saffron Henderson still managed to turn in good performances.
Alistair Abell is worth asking to find out if he reprised Future Trunks
I actually feel like Brian Drummond's Vegito voice would be a good fit for Trunks. It has that youthful sound to it, but then again it works great for Vegito himself.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:00 am

So, is anyone going to Kameha Con this weekend? Would be great if anyone could ask Saffron Henderson, Brian Dobson and Alistair Abell if they were in this dub if they get a chance.

AlexSketchy04
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexSketchy04 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:26 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:00 am So, is anyone going to Kameha Con this weekend? Would be great if anyone could ask Saffron Henderson, Brian Dobson and Alistair Abell if they were in this dub if they get a chance.
I'm going this weekend, i'll be sure to ask them

SX10
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SX10 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:33 pm

AlexSketchy04 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:26 pm
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:00 am So, is anyone going to Kameha Con this weekend? Would be great if anyone could ask Saffron Henderson, Brian Dobson and Alistair Abell if they were in this dub if they get a chance.
Amazing! Oh! Can I ask a quick favour in asking if they recall who directed the dub, please? I was sure it was Ken Morrison but Brian Drummond couldn't quite recall. Thanks in advance and have a great time at the con!
"Four eyes, ever had four black eyes?" -- Brian Drummond's Vegeta

https://youtu.be/5TW1njkk52Q -- Dragon Ball Sheep

AlexSketchy04
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexSketchy04 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:58 pm

SX10 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:33 pm
AlexSketchy04 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:26 pm
Amazing! Oh! Can I ask a quick favour in asking if they recall who directed the dub, please? I was sure it was Ken Morrison but Brian Drummond couldn't quite recall. Thanks in advance and have a great time at the con!
I will

Yeah, i will, but keep in mind, some might not want to give more details because of NDA, even if it is something that never got released

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:14 am

Here's an interview with Saffron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_AM_wcJHtk
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.