Kai Blu-Ray Release

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Well... it looks a little better than it did on TV, but not enough to warrant purchase IMO... almost as (if not more) blurred than the early Orange Bricks.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Ducard
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ducard » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:44 pm

I made some comparison pics between the Blu-ray Kai stuff that was put up and the Orange Brick footage:

Roshi and the Gang
Goku Ready to Race
Goku Ouch
Piccolo's Attack
Raditz on his Death Bed

For what it's worth, I prefer Funimation's footage by far.

(Off topic: Bkev, is there a larger version of your avatar? Looks great.)

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:02 pm

Unfortunately, not that I've seen. Grabbed it from someone's bunch in one of those avatar threads.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Vino wrote:
Kendamu wrote:
EricM wrote:Some screenshots here: http://blurayblog.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-340.html

Still looks like blurry crap.
Wow, he managed to not show us in the screens if there was a hole or a burn/bruise.
Most likely the bruise will stay.
I get'cha. Likelihood is great and all, but the product is out now and people have it. I'd love to see some confirmation.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:21 pm

Active censorship. Not re-animated without censorship. Did Wasted Wisher make that any clearer ages ago guys?

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:28 am

EricM wrote:Some screenshots here: http://blurayblog.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-340.html
When I clicked the link I still had my brain on ''16:9'' and the moment I saw it, it took me a sec to switch to ''4:3'' followed by a big breathed sigh of relief. :)
But man, the blur is kind of off-putting.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Man, the opening looks fucking phenomenal in full HD 4:3.

The actual show, however... :?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:03 pm

bkev wrote:Active censorship. Not re-animated without censorship. Did Wasted Wisher make that any clearer ages ago guys?
I don't follow his every movement, breath, and uttered word like a nerd stalking a Star Wars laser disc. Sorry.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:06 pm

; _ ; The worst part is one day I may be one of those star wars fans.

I'm sorry, I know I sounded snappy. It was just that, with you being one of Kai's supporters, I would have figured you would have read that. It was a long while back that he said that though. My apologies.