Is anybody else looking forward to the Blu-Ray?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:06 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
So the first Blu-ray is out. My own pre-order will be shipped next month but someone care to make a dissection/comparisons?
I'm gonna do one of my infamous dissections on it, I'm just waiting for it in the mail. It'll be a DVD\Blue Ray double dissection!
Good, 'cause I wasn't gonna have the time to do one myself. Besides, yours are always way better anyway. :D
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Kibosuru412
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kibosuru412 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi. Just a question. So vol.1 comes with a card. Box1 comes with a senzu bean jar??

And will future boxset volumes come with these special items as well?
DBZ card collector since 1992 and Saint Seiya Myth figure collector since 2003
My Deviant Art | My Dragonball Cards YouTube | My Website

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Kibosuru412 wrote:Hi. Just a question. So vol.1 comes with a card. Box1 comes with a senzu bean jar??
Yep!
Kibosuru412 wrote:And will future boxset volumes come with these special items as well?
There has been no word on whether or not future volumes will come with anything special.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Aoi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Aoi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:35 am

I imagine we can only buy the japanese releases. Do they come with English subtitles? It is the only way I can watch it with family/friends :)

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:42 am

Aoi wrote:I imagine we can only buy the japanese releases. Do they come with English subtitles? It is the only way I can watch it with family/friends :)
Well there are no other releases of Kai except for the Japanese ones, so I'm not quite sure what you mean. And no, they don't have any subtitles of any kind.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:20 am

I know this was discussed somewhere on the forum, but for the life of me I can't remember where.

Didn't someone confirm that (at least) the first Blu-ray disc is actually region-free? Can I get a pointer to that or preferably another independent confirmation?

Finishing up my review. Thanks!
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:40 am

VegettoEX wrote:I know this was discussed somewhere on the forum, but for the life of me I can't remember where.

Didn't someone confirm that (at least) the first Blu-ray disc is actually region-free? Can I get a pointer to that or preferably another independent confirmation?

Finishing up my review. Thanks!
I thought it was said the US and Japan shared the same BR region.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:44 am

JulieYBM wrote:I thought it was said the US and Japan shared the same BR region.
Yes, that's true; we're both Region A.

Fairly sure a European popped it in their PS3 and had no issue watching it, though.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:43 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I thought it was said the US and Japan shared the same BR region.
Yes, that's true; we're both Region A.

Fairly sure a European popped it in their PS3 and had no issue watching it, though.
biohazard wrote:It IS region free because I'm in Spain and I am playing it with my PAL PS3 :P
http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.p ... c&start=20

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:26 pm

Since this is the most recent thread on the subject, I'll just leave this here. Lemme know if you find anything weird before I post it up on the home page and reviews section. Thanks! :D

http://www.daizex.com/general/reviews/kai_bd_vol1.shtml