Have they shown or skipped this scene yet?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheNamek
Not-So-Newbie

Have they shown or skipped this scene yet?

Post by TheNamek » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:44 pm

I remember on Namek when Vegeta was on the way to get his hidden DragonBall, he ran into Gohan and was tricked and when he realized what happened he exploded out of the water racing full speed towards Gohan with the most angry look I've ever seen on Vegeta; and I haven't really been following along too well but I heard it is close ot that point in the show.

So I figure this would be the place to find out.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:54 pm

Expect this on Saturday.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

TheNamek
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheNamek » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Awesome. I hope they dont skip it. I've never seen anyone pissed off in the show. Can not wait to see how it looks.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:36 pm

What if they re-animated it and made him look happy or something? :lol:

TOEI: "No! This is too angry for children. It might scares them!"
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:40 pm

I remember the part in the Ocean dub. Drummond's performance was pretty impressive.

"I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS! YOU WON'T ESCAPE... MY WRAAAAAATH!"

I think I remember it the most because it was in the promos.
Last edited by penguintruth on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:43 pm

penguintruth wrote:I remember the part in the Ocean dub. Drummond's performance was pretty impressive.

"YOU'LL NEVER ESCAPE... MY WRAAAAAATH!"

I think I remember it the most because it was in the promos.
I always thought the echo was pretty lame...
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

TheNamek
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheNamek » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:50 pm

That was one of the best shows of electricity around someone from their emotion and he had the veins in his eyes and everything. I'd make that my icon if I could find a hi-def photo of it.

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:56 pm

We'll get a high def one with Kai. :)

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:12 am

*PLEASE DELETE COMMENT*
Last edited by .:PoetikaL:. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:12 am

TheNamek wrote:That was one of the best shows of electricity around someone from their emotion and he had the veins in his eyes and everything. I'd make that my icon if I could find a hi-def photo of it.
Here's one I made just for you:

My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"