Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 2872
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:47 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote: LOL, the Sabat dub.
Not a bad name for the inhouse dub :lol:

Obviously it was a typo :wink:
One of the most fitting names for the dub ever, along with "The Chris Sabat Show".
Image
Never lose hope that your situation can improve.

User avatar
8000 Saiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:03 am

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
Not a bad name for the inhouse dub :lol:

Obviously it was a typo :wink:
One of the most fitting names for the dub ever, along with "The Chris Sabat Show".
Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Big Boss
Regular
Posts: 597
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Big Boss » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:24 pm

All this Sabat bullying takes me back to the forums and IRC rooms of '99. :) Was only about 8 years old at the time and didn't know who or what a "Sabat" was, only that a large collection of people decades older than myself were getting quite pissed off at a children's cartoon. Twas my first experience with anime fans on the internet, and I guess it struck some kind of chord with me as it set me down on my path of trying to find bootleg VHS copies of this mythical Japanese version everyone was going on about. Good times. :)

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 2872
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:24 pm

Big Boss wrote:All this Sabat bullying takes me back to the forums and IRC rooms of '99. :) Was only about 8 years old at the time and didn't know who or what a "Sabat" was, only that a large collection of people decades older than myself were getting quite pissed off at a children's cartoon. Twas my first experience with anime fans on the internet, and I guess it struck some kind of chord with me as it set me down on my path of trying to find bootleg VHS copies of this mythical Japanese version everyone was going on about. Good times. :)
Getting serious for a moment, Chris Sabat is one of the most awesome people in anime. The picture I did above was all in good fun. :)
Never lose hope that your situation can improve.

Big Boss
Regular
Posts: 597
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Big Boss » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:29 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
Big Boss wrote:All this Sabat bullying takes me back to the forums and IRC rooms of '99. :) Was only about 8 years old at the time and didn't know who or what a "Sabat" was, only that a large collection of people decades older than myself were getting quite pissed off at a children's cartoon. Twas my first experience with anime fans on the internet, and I guess it struck some kind of chord with me as it set me down on my path of trying to find bootleg VHS copies of this mythical Japanese version everyone was going on about. Good times. :)
Getting serious for a moment, Chris Sabat is one of the most awesome people in anime. The picture I did above was all in good fun. :)
Don't worry, wasn't trying to imply you were being malicious. I think Chris is awesome too. :)

Dragon Ball Ireland
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1652
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:38 am

Robo4900 wrote:
Big Boss wrote:All this Sabat bullying takes me back to the forums and IRC rooms of '99. :) Was only about 8 years old at the time and didn't know who or what a "Sabat" was, only that a large collection of people decades older than myself were getting quite pissed off at a children's cartoon. Twas my first experience with anime fans on the internet, and I guess it struck some kind of chord with me as it set me down on my path of trying to find bootleg VHS copies of this mythical Japanese version everyone was going on about. Good times. :)
Getting serious for a moment, Chris Sabat is one of the most awesome people in anime. The picture I did above was all in good fun. :)
Same here, have nothing but respect for Sabat. Hell, without him casting Copy Vegeta we wouldn't have heard Drummond in any new Dragon Ball content since the Westwood dub. He's one of us and wants whats best for this franchise.
Selling
- Arrival DVD single
- Betrayal DVD single

Looking For
- Showdown DVD single
- Madman Level 1.1

If interested PM with offers

User avatar
8000 Saiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:03 am

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:39 am

Sabat is indeed... a pretty cool guy. 8)
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

User avatar
TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here
Posts: 3545
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:28 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:Sabat is indeed... a pretty cool guy. 8)
Eh dubs lots of characters well and doesn't afraid of anything.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

User avatar
8000 Saiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:03 am

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:03 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:Sabat is indeed... a pretty cool guy. 8)
Eh dubs lots of characters well and doesn't afraid of anything.
Doesn't afraid of anything indeed.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

User avatar
Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Tian » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:49 pm

I checked James Beach's filmography at BTVA and the guy seems to only voice blue haired or skinned guys. I remember the only blue characters in Kai are Burter and the Cell Jrs. (unless I'm forgetting someone :think: )
[Enter a cool signature here]

User avatar
SX10
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Kilmarnock, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by SX10 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:00 am

His character is definitely on Namek and only for a few episodes but that is all I know.

Isn't anyone gonna talk about the possible release date of the channel as posted by C. Smith? :shock:
"Four eyes, ever had four black eyes?" -- Brian Drummond's Vegeta

https://youtu.be/5TW1njkk52Q -- Dragon Ball Sheep

User avatar
Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Tian » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:02 am

SX10 wrote: Isn't anyone gonna talk about the possible release date of the channel as posted by C. Smith? :shock:
You mean the fact that if it isn't released for New Year's Eve, it will be released on next year's April Fools?
[Enter a cool signature here]

Dragon Ball Ireland
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1652
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:40 am

Tian wrote:
SX10 wrote: Isn't anyone gonna talk about the possible release date of the channel as posted by C. Smith? :shock:
You mean the fact that if it isn't released for New Year's Eve, it will be released on next year's April Fools?
I actually didn't think of that :shock:

I'm calling bullshit if we see Wow's debut schedule that day, Kai is MIA and we hear word its actually been scrapped.
Selling
- Arrival DVD single
- Betrayal DVD single

Looking For
- Showdown DVD single
- Madman Level 1.1

If interested PM with offers

User avatar
SX10
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Kilmarnock, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by SX10 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:32 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
Tian wrote:
SX10 wrote: Isn't anyone gonna talk about the possible release date of the channel as posted by C. Smith? :shock:
You mean the fact that if it isn't released for New Year's Eve, it will be released on next year's April Fools?
I actually didn't think of that :shock:

I'm calling bullshit if we see Wow's debut schedule that day, Kai is MIA and we hear word its actually been scrapped.
If they do launch that day they could have a field day marketing Ocean Kai as though it were a big prank! :lol:
"Four eyes, ever had four black eyes?" -- Brian Drummond's Vegeta

https://youtu.be/5TW1njkk52Q -- Dragon Ball Sheep

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:28 pm

If Ocean Kai isn't out by 2020 then I'm giving up completely on it. I probably should've ages ago but it's something I really wanna watch so much.

Come on, Canada. :(

User avatar
TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here
Posts: 3545
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:59 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Come on, Canada. :(
More specifically, come on, Canadian TV networks! :(
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

User avatar
Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Hail

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Tian wrote:I checked James Beach's filmography at BTVA and the guy seems to only voice blue haired or skinned guys. I remember the only blue characters in Kai are Burter and the Cell Jrs. (unless I'm forgetting someone :think: )
BTVA isn't exhaustive and James Beach is a pseudonym. He's played more than just blue people. :lol:
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 2872
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
Tian wrote:I checked James Beach's filmography at BTVA and the guy seems to only voice blue haired or skinned guys. I remember the only blue characters in Kai are Burter and the Cell Jrs. (unless I'm forgetting someone :think: )
BTVA isn't exhaustive and James Beach is a pseudonym. He's played more than just blue people. :lol:
So, in other words... Just because we can't be sure who the guy is voicing, we shouldn't be... Blue? Image
Never lose hope that your situation can improve.

User avatar
Azelf89
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:22 pm

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Azelf89 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:57 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
Tian wrote:
SX10 wrote: Isn't anyone gonna talk about the possible release date of the channel as posted by C. Smith? :shock:
You mean the fact that if it isn't released for New Year's Eve, it will be released on next year's April Fools?
I actually didn't think of that :shock:

I'm calling bullshit if we see Wow's debut schedule that day, Kai is MIA and we hear word its actually been scrapped.
I don’t think you should read that much into it. Remember, April Fools outside of its cultural precence isn’t considered that special of a day, so it releasing on that day wouldn’t be out of the ordinary. Hell, Ocean Kai was approved by the CRTC to be Canadian Content on April 1st, 2014, along with a bunch of other Canadian programming.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1248
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Whatever happened to "Jizz Quiz"?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Post Reply