Toriko Takes DBK's Slot On April 3 (Kai Ends with Cell)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Re: Toriko animated series takes Kai's timeslot in April?!

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:57 pm

Soul wrote:Grr. You guys commented about that whole "Manga" issue and don't even bring up RuroKen to me! :cry:
But you guys kept missing my big question: Would it be that expensive to edit the filler out of the Boo arc?
No, the logical question would be. How expensive it'd be to faithfully remaster the boo arc.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Soul wrote:Grr. You guys commented about that whole "Manga" issue and don't even bring up RuroKen to me! :cry:
But you guys kept missing my big question: Would it be that expensive to edit the filler out of the Boo arc?
For Toei to edit it down themselves? Probably not. I'd rather they just did it all from scratch, though. :P
She/Her | 29 | bimbomommygf

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:06 am

If Kai gets cancelled that would be such a shame and waste. I mean it's not really that new and interesting, besides the name, but I'm still pretty hoked. I like the new, glossy look. I like how it looks in HD. I like the new animation. It's going to suck if it gets cancelled. :/

Until further notice, I'm putting my Kai BluRay purchases on hold. I don't want to have only half of the anime in Kai format.

Jeez, is it really doing that bad? I thought it was... fresh, even if just a bit.

Well, we'll see what happens soon enough I guess.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Yes, I'm also going to stop buying the Blu-rays until I know that Kai will proceed through the rest of the story. If it's getting canceled there will be no Buu saga, domestic or otherwise. I'll stop buying them all together. It's bad enough it started in the middle of the story, but to think it won't finish is just wrong.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:34 pm

BobZ wrote:Until further notice, I'm putting my Kai BluRay purchases on hold. I don't want to have only half of the anime in Kai format.

Jeez, is it really doing that bad? I thought it was... fresh, even if just a bit.

Well, we'll see what happens soon enough I guess.
Innagadadavida wrote:Yes, I'm also going to stop buying the Blu-rays until I know that Kai will proceed through the rest of the story. If it's getting canceled there will be no Buu saga, domestic or otherwise. I'll stop buying them all together. It's bad enough it started in the middle of the story, but to think it won't finish is just wrong.
Wouldn't that just add fuel to the fire? If more people follow your examples then Toei has more of a reason to cancel Kai. If the DVDs start selling like wildfire instead this would give them initiative to continue the series.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Yes, this is more reason to continue supporting the official releases, to show we want it. It would definitely kill Kai if you stop buying them now. In any case, I won't give up hope of it continuing even if Toei has to be paid to do so by Funi.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

MetaMoss
Regular

Post by MetaMoss » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:03 pm

Mewzard wrote:Yes, this is more reason to continue supporting the official releases, to show we want it. It would definitely kill Kai if you stop buying them now. In any case, I won't give up hope of it continuing even if Toei has to be paid to do so by Funi.
Yea. I'm gonna keep buying them (FUNi) Blu-Ray sets the day they come out!
Do me a favor and just pretend there's something cool or witty or profound down here.

MCDaveG
I Live Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:58 pm

If they already made the decission, then it's done and you won't change anything.
But I doubt that they won't make Buu arc.
''Gotta catch 'em all! Dragon Baaaaall!''

Vegeta1056
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1056 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:28 pm

I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but I just thought, could Kai possibly become a DVD/Blu-Ray only release?

Gouki*
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gouki* » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Wouldn't you have the entire Kai on DVD, though?
... Maybe later.

MetaMoss
Regular

Post by MetaMoss » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Vegeta1056 wrote:I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but I just thought, could Kai possibly become a DVD/Blu-Ray only release?
It was mentioned in the podcast, and as they said Toei probably wouldn't find it worth it since the Blu-ray and DVD sales for Kai in Japan are not as good as they would want.
Do me a favor and just pretend there's something cool or witty or profound down here.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:45 am

Maybe Kai is over because they're changing the name to Dragon Ball Z Kai for the last portion. Wouldn't that be all kinds of ironic?

Soul
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Soul » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:00 am

Innagadadavida wrote:Maybe Kai is over because they're changing the name to Dragon Ball Z Kai for the last portion. Wouldn't that be all kinds of ironic?
:roll:
That wasn't a funny joke Innaga. :P But title change..hmm.
With the "Complete" Soundtrack thing, it does complicate things.
Toriko a lot less; you could easily toss it to Kai changing timeslots, but with the OST you could gather that:
1) Kai is over after Cell.
2) Timeslot change, and it's just a quick cash-in.
3) Kai.. could get a Subtitle i.e. "Dragon Ball Kai: Majin Boo [insert extended title]" or etc.
4) We could see Boo Saga as in movie form? Eh?

We really just gotta wait and see.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:03 am

I'm watching the dubbed Boo saga and...boy this needs a redub worse than I thought. Y-yeah let's hope for one in one form or another.

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote:I'm watching the dubbed Boo saga and...boy this needs a redub worse than I thought. Y-yeah let's hope for one in one form or another.
I watched the dubbed Buu Saga back in November, and I really didn't think it was all that bad. There was the occasional stupid line, but generally the acting was pretty good and the script was fairly accurate. That's not to say that it couldn't use a redub, given the quality of the Kai dub, but it's not terrible IMO.

Does anyone know if the licensing Toei did with Kai is helping it at all. It licensed it pretty quickly, though this isn't uncommon for anime anymore (Funi typically gets licenses within months of a new series airing in Japan, and sometimes it gets the license even earlier). I'm just wondering if the money from companies like Funimation is worth continuing the series. They've got to be paying quite a bit to get the series, and it's been licensed in several countries so far.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:25 pm

xzero wrote: I watched the dubbed Buu Saga back in November, and I really didn't think it was all that bad. There was the occasional stupid line, but generally the acting was pretty good and the script was fairly accurate. That's not to say that it couldn't use a redub, given the quality of the Kai dub, but it's not terrible IMO.
Not bad by Z standards I agree, in fact by Z standards it's mind numbingly great. It just didn't bounce off of Kai very well like I thought it would. I thought the acting was the worst part by far any way you sliced it.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:55 am

http://twitter.com/Kameari_Kanata/statu ... 7305408512
Yukio Nagasaki (The director of audiography) wrote:ただ今、「ドラゴンボール改」のクライマックス、悟飯VSセルのダビングをしているのですが、いや〜、燃えます!悟飯ちゃん、いい面構えしてるし、必死のセルのやられっぷりもGOOD!仕事とはいえ、一足お先に楽しんでます(⌒▽⌒) 「ドラゴンボール」最高\(^o^)/
He said "Gohan vs Cell, the climax of Dragon Ball Kai". Climiax doesn't mean it ends, but to me, it seems that he is talking on the basis that Kai ends soon.
My Website: World DBZ
My blog: Red Ribbon Army Japan Base
penguintruth wrote:Gohan: "You differently skilled, but fully functional member of society whose IQ doesn't quite meet societal standards but is no less a beautiful creature for having lived in this universe... who happened to kill my mother and friends."

JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:31 pm

kei17 wrote:http://twitter.com/Kameari_Kanata/statu ... 7305408512
Yukio Nagasaki (The director of audiography) wrote:ただ今、「ドラゴンボール改」のクライマックス、悟飯VSセルのダビングをしているのですが、いや〜、燃えます!悟飯ちゃん、いい面構えしてるし、必死のセルのやられっぷりもGOOD!仕事とはいえ、一足お先に楽しんでます(⌒▽⌒) 「ドラゴンボール」最高\(^o^)/
He said "Gohan vs Cell, the climax of Dragon Ball Kai". Climiax doesn't mean it ends, but to me, it seems that he is talking on the basis that Kai ends soon.
Wow, that's another nail in the coffin. :shock:
She/Her | 29 | bimbomommygf

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:10 pm

Hrmmmm... I don't like this. Not one bit. I still hope Toei produces more eps for the rest of the world. :(

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:16 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:I still hope Toei produces more eps for the rest of the world. :(
There's still a possibility of producing the Buu arc for foreign sales like Ultimate Muscle.
My Website: World DBZ
My blog: Red Ribbon Army Japan Base
penguintruth wrote:Gohan: "You differently skilled, but fully functional member of society whose IQ doesn't quite meet societal standards but is no less a beautiful creature for having lived in this universe... who happened to kill my mother and friends."