Do you think anything will be added to the last episode?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Do you think anything will be added to the last episode?

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:08 am

I'm not talking like new animation or anything, but maybe a bit of a voice over and some clips or something... like saying that the adventure isn't over.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Re: Do you think anything will be added to the last episode?

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:07 pm

I always hoped they'd animate the Kanzenban ending, or maybe attempt a "what happens next" covering all of GT, or maybe a flashback montage ending like GT.

It would be stupid if they just ended it like Z only without an NEP.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:22 pm

I sure hope so.

I would be the ultimate sayonara to fans everywhere. Atleast untill DB3D. :mrgreen:

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Vegeta comes on screen and blames the audience for Kai's sudden ending, robbing him of the character development he receives in the Buu arc. Then he fires a Big Bang Attack at the screen. Cue Toei logo. Then One Piece.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

spikevegeta

Post by spikevegeta » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:07 pm

penguintruth wrote:Vegeta comes on screen and blames the audience for Kai's sudden ending, robbing him of the character development he receives in the Buu arc. Then he fires a Big Bang Attack at the screen. Cue Toei logo. Then One Piece.
That would actually feel pretty good after all this.

I said this in an earlier topic, but I'd say Episode 98 will start with Trunks saying good-bye to everyone in the present, then going to the future. He meets up with Bulma, destroys 17,18, and Cell, and then the final 5 minutes will probably be some sort of montage of the show.

5 biggest shames with no Buu Arc in Kai:

5. We never see Kuririn and 18 really get together. Kuririn had lost all importance fighting, but seeing him find happiness in this arc with a family brought some needed closure to all the "oh crap, I'm in love with her, I can't kill her" stuff from earlier in the Cell Arc.

4. No Earth go boom. Just one of my favorite scenes from the Arc, and pretty memorable, even if it's back a few episodes later. This seemed to be the natural progression for Toriyama considering the development of the baddies powers and the urgency growing from arc to arc on what could possibly happen to everyone and everything Goku was trying to protect.

3. No Gohan/Videl. Videl was exactly the sort of character that story-wise worked to get with Gohan. All their antics and the growth of their relationship and love for each other go's at a nice pace, and it's probably the most well done romantic relationship in the Dragon Ball universe.

2. No Vegeta development. While Vegeta helping out Gohan in defeating Cell was pretty friggen' awesome, Vegeta ended up needing the Buu Arc to finish his 180 as a character. It was very believable, and the Majin Vegeta story twist was way too good, and easily the best part of the Buu Arc.

1. The Falling action of the Cell Arc just isn't all that great an ending to the story. I know a lot of people didn't like the DBZ ending, but looking past the fact that I loved it, it was better than ending the story of the DBZ universe with Trunks saving the future, the final episode doesn't even get to be about the time line we have followed the whole show. As for Episode 97(What I'm assuming is the Shenron wishes stuff) seemed to be a "middle-ending" and not "THE ending", because of where we are left off with all the characters. Toriyama seemed by that point to be committed to another story arc, so he didn't care too much about giving you some big ending. Too bad, we'll see what the next 4 episodes gives us in the way of closure.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:18 pm

I agree with you, spikevegeta. A lot of important character development happens during the Boo arc. At one point of hearing the news of Kai ending , I thought "Maybe it wouldn't be that bad..." But then the other half of me kicked that side into submission. The Majin Vegeta episode was the point where it was shown that Vegeta had love inside of him, and it happened to be able to conquer the strong magic of Babbadi. That was probably one of my top 5 moments in Dragon Ball.
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Another shame will be Mr. Satan not getting any character development.

Sun-Wukong
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sun-Wukong » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Codarik wrote:Another shame will be Mr. Satan not getting any character development.
Oh yeah, that will suck. I love Mr. Satan...
This will never not be my sig:
VegettoEX wrote:"Snoop Lion" is just a character he's playing for his reggae album and documentary. Him saying that it's his new name is all part of the character.

I can't believe this is on-topic.

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:51 pm

penguintruth wrote:Vegeta comes on screen and blames the audience for Kai's sudden ending, robbing him of the character development he receives in the Buu arc. Then he fires a Big Bang Attack at the screen. Cue Toei logo. Then One Piece.
The best thing you've ever said. <3

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:00 am

This is the only ending that will do justice, because in the midst of cutting the series short, it will give us a good laugh :lol:
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:02 am

If experience with other Toei series proves a pattern, we'll just get a preview for Toriko's first episode at the end instead of Kai's typical "next episode preview" animation. :(

That idea with Vegeta does sound fun though. XD
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Mosaic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mosaic » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:31 am

They should add in Lunch doing something. Whether it's complain about being cut out, or something. I just want her somewhere in Kai.

piccolo-san785
Beyond Newbie

Post by piccolo-san785 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:54 am

I don't see anything new added as part of the last episode.

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 pm

The series started with a clip-show, it'll end with a clip-show.

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 am

I don't believe they'll add anything to the last episode.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:37 am

Lance Freeman wrote:The series started with a clip-show, it'll end with a clip-show.
That's exactly what I was laughing to myself thinking. And since we both seem to be named Lance, it's only fitting. :P But, yeah, the show opened with a montage of stuff we should have seen first but didn't get to see. And it'll probably end with a montage of a bunch of stuff we should see later but won't get to see. There's a certain symmetry of failure to Kai in that particular sense. :wink:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:28 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:I always hoped they'd animate the Kanzenban ending, or maybe attempt a "what happens next" covering all of GT, or maybe a flashback montage ending like GT.

It would be stupid if they just ended it like Z only without an NEP.
Lol, Toei cares about GT?

And the last episode special treat is going to be a Toriko preview.