Japanese DVD Release Has the Kikuchi Score - Confirmed

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Re: Japanese DVD Release Has the Kikuchi Score - Confirmed

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Fri May 06, 2011 8:04 pm

kei17 wrote:
AoiKageNoChikara wrote:Kai is destroyed. I'll stick to dragon boxes! THANKS NAGASAKI! You ruined Kai!
The one who ruined Kai is none other than Yamamoto himself. He did that, now it's gone. As a result, they have to replace everything, but do not have enough time to do that properly.

Anyway, as DragonBoxZTheMovies, it seems that they really need someone familiar with the original DBZ music now. This is getting too poor. Maybe I will try to contact the Kai staff.
Seriusly, Can't they delay the dvd so they could do a better job? nagasaki chose odd selections for Yamamoto too, Yeah he's a copycat but everyone just screams out loud to him when it comes about "why does kai suck" I was beggining to accept kikuchi in Kai, but now it's ruined, Kai is ruined, I'll just stick to Z, good thing I got my Dragon ball Kai cd's to enjoy yamamoto's score, Ripped off or not, For Kai it's thousands better than Kikuchi's Great Score with PItiful Selection, I love Kikuchi, but I seriusly Can't watch Kai anymore :(

RazorX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RazorX » Fri May 06, 2011 8:11 pm

The Kikuchi scored Kai is....not good. I didn't expect the Kikuchi version to match Yamamoto's but so far the Kikuchi scored Kai episodes are a right mess. Most of the music placements are inappropriate and/or repetitive. I find it amusing that Nagasaki thinks a hacked up version of the SSJ3 Goku battle music is acceptable as the recap music....among other things.

I can remember years ago when I saw a clip of Japanese DBZ for the first time, one of the things that I thought was "The Japanese version has got good music, cool." Not that I expected the music to be bad but I couldn't help but note it. As time passed and I watched complete Japanese episodes, I appreciated Kikuchi's music for adding enjoyment to the series.

Now, in stark contrast, the Kikuchi music that contributed to the greatness of DBZ, is destroying DB Kai. I didn't think watching Kai with the Kikuchi music would be....painful.

Unless there's a complete commercial release of Kai with the Yamamoto music, I'll be sticking to fansubs, they're much better than sitting through Kai with Kikuchi's music.

I've never had this low an opinion of the Kikuchi music.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Fri May 06, 2011 10:15 pm

RazorX wrote:The Kikuchi scored Kai is....not good. I didn't expect the Kikuchi version to match Yamamoto's but so far the Kikuchi scored Kai episodes are a right mess. Most of the music placements are inappropriate and/or repetitive. I find it amusing that Nagasaki thinks a hacked up version of the SSJ3 Goku battle music is acceptable as the recap music....among other things.

I can remember years ago when I saw a clip of Japanese DBZ for the first time, one of the things that I thought was "The Japanese version has got good music, cool." Not that I expected the music to be bad but I couldn't help but note it. As time passed and I watched complete Japanese episodes, I appreciated Kikuchi's music for adding enjoyment to the series.

Now, in stark contrast, the Kikuchi music that contributed to the greatness of DBZ, is destroying DB Kai. I didn't think watching Kai with the Kikuchi music would be....painful.

Unless there's a complete commercial release of Kai with the Yamamoto music, I'll be sticking to fansubs, they're much better than sitting through Kai with Kikuchi's music.

I've never had this low an opinion of the Kikuchi music.
My feelings exactly (with the exception of the fansubs part). There's so much that's ironic about this situation. Can you believe that years ago we were begging for the Kikuchi music to be shown on TV alongside the English dub, and now that it is, we can't stand it? Although, as you pointed out, it's mostly because of the placement, not the music itself.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat May 07, 2011 11:56 am

I was excited to hear at first that Kai got Kikuchi music for it. Now, not so much. I feel like I could score it better. I personally would've taken a few cues from the original Z, such as the first Super Saiyan transformation and the "I am the Super Saiyan, Son Goku" scene (plus I wanna see that combination of Schemmel finally pronouncing the name correctly mixed with the dun dun dun music). Those were perfectly scored in the original Z if you ask me.

Ah well, we'll just have to deal with Nagasaki's poor choices for it. And about Kei saying he might try and contact Toei about it, I say do it. The more aware they are that the badly placed/repeating pieces are; they may potentially do something about it. Although maybe not since it won't help with merchandise that much.

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Sat May 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Why can't we just get one Complete, Unaltered version of Dragonball...

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat May 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Choice195 wrote:Why can't we just get one Complete, Unaltered version of Dragonball...
The Dragon Boxes?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 07, 2011 3:26 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Choice195 wrote:Why can't we just get one Complete, Unaltered version of Dragonball...
The Dragon Boxes?
Well, other than the NEPs being swapped to after the closing, yeah. :P
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Sat May 07, 2011 4:24 pm

No I mean like whenever we have something good, In this case Kai, It always gets ruined. For example the BGM change.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sat May 07, 2011 7:51 pm

The change to the Kikuchi score isn't bad as a concept itself. It's just the execution is heavily screwed, seeing as how we have a director that's basically incapable of choosing the right pieces.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat May 07, 2011 8:15 pm

I hope Castor wont mind that i will use his picture http://www.vg-projects.com/castor/pics/ ... -FUNi1.GIF Just replace Watson with Nagasaki :lol:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon May 09, 2011 10:02 am

coola wrote:I hope Castor wont mind that i will use his picture http://www.vg-projects.com/castor/pics/ ... -FUNi1.GIF Just replace Watson with Nagasaki :lol:
Man...I've heard the tales about Watson. People REALLY didn't like him, did they?
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon May 09, 2011 6:02 pm

coola wrote:I hope Castor wont mind that i will use his picture http://www.vg-projects.com/castor/pics/ ... -FUNi1.GIF Just replace Watson with Nagasaki :lol:
Go ahead.

I didn't make that gif, Dr. Bond did. :lol:

peterdisuza

Post by peterdisuza » Tue May 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Well guys are you looking very happy.I want to ask you a question about that why should you not release this DVD in south asia.I am big fan of this series.I firstly watch this show on Cartoon Network than I really like it.Can anyone tell me that if I want to buy a DVD in India so where can I buy.

--------------
ADMIN NOTE: This appears to have been a spam bot posting context-appropriate responses with a signature containing a malicious link. We're so impressed that, while we've deactivated the account, we're keeping the post intact.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue May 10, 2011 1:45 pm

For what it's worth, episodes 3-6 seem to have been better scored than 1-2 and most of the Toonzai stuff we saw. I think that instead of rescoring everything at once, they've been rescoring them one ep at a time by the order that they're needed around the world, and by having more time for the latter episodes, they're doing a better job.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Mon May 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Happinet wrote:音楽 : 山本 健司
In the staff section on Happinet's DVD listing for "Dragon Ball Kai: Jinzouningen/Cell Box 4", next to "Music", Yamamoto is still listed. To me, this seems a little weird. Maybe because only two of the episodes in that bunch were released with Kikuchi's score? But they are all going to be released with the Kikuchi score anyway.
So mondo lame.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:38 pm

GotenDaisuki wrote:
Happinet wrote:音楽 : 山本 健司
In the staff section on Happinet's DVD listing for "Dragon Ball Kai: Jinzouningen/Cell Box 4", next to "Music", Yamamoto is still listed. To me, this seems a little weird. Maybe because only two of the episodes in that bunch were released with Kikuchi's score? But they are all going to be released with the Kikuchi score anyway.
Even Toei Animation's official online store still lists Yamamoto as the musical composer in the description of the recent Kai DVDs which actually have the Kikuchi score. I guess they haven't update the description yet and just reused the same old list.

http://shop.toei-anim.co.jp/products/detail/4716/

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Mon May 16, 2011 11:54 pm

kei17 wrote:Even Toei Animation's official online store still lists Yamamoto as the musical composer in the description of the recent Kai DVDs which actually have the Kikuchi score. I guess they haven't update the description yet and just reused the same old list.

http://shop.toei-anim.co.jp/products/detail/4716/
Considering how much effort Toei put into Kai in the first place, it's not a surprise that they haven't updated the staff listing for DVDs.
So mondo lame.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed May 18, 2011 1:39 am

Just a quick question:
How many episodes are there going to be on the last DVD? Is it just going to be 97 and the extra episode?

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Wed May 18, 2011 9:58 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Just a quick question:
How many episodes are there going to be on the last DVD? Is it just going to be 97 and the extra episode?
*Insert "There's a site, too!?" meme here.*

The Blu-ray set will contain episodes 88-97 with the extra episode. As far as I know, there are currently no mention of the corresponding individual DVDs as of now.
So mondo lame.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:25 am

GotenDaisuki wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Just a quick question:
*Insert "There's a site, too!?" meme here.*

The Blu-ray set will contain episodes 88-97 with the extra episode. As far as I know, there are currently no mention of the corresponding individual DVDs as of now.
According to Happinet's site, the individual DVD will contain episode 97 and the extra episode only.
http://www.happinet-p.com/jp3/releases/BIBA-7955