Dragon Ball Z Kai is Coming To CN SEA

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Z Kai is Coming To CN SEA

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:23 am

Just saw the ad today on CN SEA (South East Asia), it shows footage from the Saiyan arc (specifically the "Earthlings Vs Saiyans" battle) and the OP with the FUNimation dub. It's rated PG and starts August 15th.

What strikes me the most when I saw this ad, wasn't the fact that it's ACTUALLY coming to CN SEA, but it was because the narrator of the ad pronounce the word "Saiyan" correctly.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai is Coming To CN SEA

Post by wjbraden » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:45 pm

DBZ Kai is also coming to Cartoon Network Philippines on the same day, at 9:00 PM. On an unrelated note a new English Dub of Yatterman is going shown every day at 7:30 PM and new Naruto episodes at 9:30 PM.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 am

There's rumours floating that a Cantonese dub is coming to J2, TVB's youth specialty channel. But I have a feeling that it's going to be a complete recast since some have either passed away (Krillin's VA), retired or immigrated to another country (Vegeta's VA).

Edit: Oops...got my facts wrong about the Cantonese dub voice cast of DBZ...found this at a chinese forum
有兩個比較重要既配音員退左行,一個郭志權(比達),一個區瑞華(無限)
郭志權十年前移左民,區瑞華因為年紀大,上年退左休
另外,魏惠文(17號)轉左做幕前,冇再配音,周鸞(基洛博士)就好多年前已經過左身
除左以上呢四個之外,其他角色要搵返原班人馬黎配應該都冇乜問題
Translation - Two of the more important voice actors have left the voiceover industry. One being Kwok Chi-Koon (Vegeta) and the other being Au Sui-Wah (Kuririn). Kwok Chi-Koon immigrated to another country over 10 years ago. Au Sui-Wah retired due to old age. Also, Ngai Wai-Man (Android 17) has switched to on-camera work and has stopped dubbing voices. Chow Yin (Dr. Gero) passed away many years ago. Other than these 4 VA's, there shouldn't be any problems for the others to reprise their old roles.
The world is your's.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:26 pm

So... Is this another english dub, the CN SEA version?

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:14 pm

@Sangofe: It's the Funimation dub as evidenced by the episode titles on their website. On another note I found a Thai Dubbed version of Dragon Soul and the person mentions that DBZ Kai will air on Cartoon Network Thailand, so it looks like we'll see another dub. here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj37KSa1 ... ideo_title
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:06 am

wjbraden wrote:@Sangofe: It's the Funimation dub as evidenced by the episode titles on their website. On another note I found a Thai Dubbed version of Dragon Soul and the person mentions that DBZ Kai will air on Cartoon Network Thailand, so it looks like we'll see another dub. here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj37KSa1 ... ideo_title
That video's been removed.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:30 am

New details:
Starts Monday 8.00 PM for IND/TAI and 9.00 PM for MAL/SING.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:30 am

New details:
Starts Monday 8.00 PM for IND/TAI and 9.00 PM for MAL/SING.

FNF
Temporarily Banned

Post by FNF » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:58 am

So everyone is getting DBZ Kai on TV except for people in the UK? Q_Q.

We're going to end up getting the Ocean dub... :roll:
Voltaire: "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Other username on forums;
'Cocoman'

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:40 am

FNF wrote:So everyone is getting DBZ Kai on TV except for people in the UK? Q_Q.

Canada still hasn't gotten Dragon Ball Kai either (which I assume we are also waiting for the Ocean Dub as well).

Note: I am not including people in Canada who can watch Dragon Ball Kai on the CW. I am talking about basic cable.

FNF
Temporarily Banned

Post by FNF » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:38 am

PuppetDoctor wrote:
FNF wrote:So everyone is getting DBZ Kai on TV except for people in the UK? Q_Q.

Canada still hasn't gotten Dragon Ball Kai either (which I assume we are also waiting for the Ocean Dub as well).

Note: I am not including people in Canada who can watch Dragon Ball Kai on the CW. I am talking about basic cable.
If the Ocean dubbing isn't good, I'm not going to be pleased because imo the Kai Funi dub was near flawless.

The best example of Ocean dubbing was probably Kelamis doing the high pitched yell for Goku using the Kaioken in 'World's Strongest' but the rest wasn't great tbh.
Voltaire: "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Other username on forums;
'Cocoman'

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:50 am

Not even, or maybe max 10 countries in the world have gotten DBZ Kai on TV...