Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Innagadadavida
I Live Here
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by Innagadadavida » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:02 pm

I like that there are four discs and not three like the Yu Yu Hakusho season BluRays. This will make it easier to just replace the discs in my existing Parts 1-4 boxes. Consistent score and packaging FTW!

User avatar
TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here
Posts: 3557
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:03 pm

ohaimynameiserik wrote:Wouldn't place too much stock into it. I'm honestly thinking the only change will be the BGM.
I'll take it a step further and theorize that the BGM change is THE reason they started a new line of releases.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

User avatar
AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1713
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:40 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:I'll take it a step further and theorize that the BGM change is THE reason they started a new line of releases.
Even if the music scandal didn't happen FUNi would've no doubt still have done this release. This is just the best opportunity to have a consistent score.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Upper Marlboro, Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by thedarkuniter » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Not sure if it's true or not but on my Season One announcement video on my Youtube channel, someone said that they have the exact same package of Season One, however, it has Yamamoto's score. I really hope that's not the case.
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

User avatar
funrush
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1911
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm
Location: United States

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by funrush » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:31 am

I somewhat doubt it. I think the whole reason they threw these sets out early (before the 13-eps were even done) is because of the BGM scandal. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

User avatar
MoltenMan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by MoltenMan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:25 pm

I saw the DVD set at Best Buy today. They wanted a whopping $35 for it. I KNOW you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

User avatar
funrush
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1911
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm
Location: United States

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by funrush » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:40 pm

As in online? That's the only place I know that sells this that's in my area besides using the internet.

User avatar
MoltenMan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by MoltenMan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah I actually went to the brick and morter store. Didn't see it on Blu-Ray though, just DVD.

User avatar
KillerCory
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:50 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by KillerCory » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:01 pm

thedarkuniter wrote:Not sure if it's true or not but on my Season One announcement video on my Youtube channel, someone said that they have the exact same package of Season One, however, it has Yamamoto's score. I really hope that's not the case.
Afraid to say that is the case.

Got the blu-ray season set today and it is the Yamaoto score.
Goku: "Look Vegeta! People popcorn!"
Vegeta: "What is he on?"

User avatar
bkev
I Live Here
Posts: 2513
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Twitter. Tweet-Tweet.

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by bkev » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:20 pm

So... the box says Kikuchi, but the Blus have Yamamoto? How bizarre.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

User avatar
Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6074
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
Location: Namek

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:30 pm

What the hell? Why did they have to replace the audio all throughout the world, and on FUNi's Nicktoons version, but not on the actual releases only in North America?

Why do they credit Kikuchi on the box as well?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

User avatar
DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:34 pm

What the hell, so I bet it's just parts 1 & 2 in 1 set now?
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

User avatar
PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by PuppetDoctor » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 am

I guess we can assume now none of the dubbing mistakes were fixed. I wonder if this is just a printing error. It is a major error to anybody who bought these Season Sets to get the Kikuchi score in Kai.

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Upper Marlboro, Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by thedarkuniter » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:01 am

KillerCory wrote:
thedarkuniter wrote:Not sure if it's true or not but on my Season One announcement video on my Youtube channel, someone said that they have the exact same package of Season One, however, it has Yamamoto's score. I really hope that's not the case.
Afraid to say that is the case.

Got the blu-ray season set today and it is the Yamaoto score.
Oh wow, truly unbelievable! To think I was going to order it, good thing I didn't. This whole music scandal is so confusing. :x
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

User avatar
KillerCory
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:50 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by KillerCory » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:04 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote:What the hell, so I bet it's just parts 1 & 2 in 1 set now?
Yes,

Parts 1 and 2 in one set. The disc covers are different saying "Season 1: Disc 1" and so forth. When you open the case you see a list that has all the episodes in the season.

Just be sure I put in my Part 1 Kai I bought when it came out and confirmed it's all the same.

And went to the 4th disc and it is also Yamamoto's music.

And yes the back of the box says " Featuring the original Japanese score"

Also tried both language tracks...both are Yamamoto.

......
Goku: "Look Vegeta! People popcorn!"
Vegeta: "What is he on?"

User avatar
Captain Awesome
I Live Here
Posts: 2604
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 am
Location: Australia, Planet Earth

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:11 am

..Great

And I just got a confirmation saying my copy had shipped.
[quote="Herms"]The first thing of DragonBall I ever saw was one of the segments where Goku is training on his way to Planet Namek. So I assumed Goku was a spaceship captain.[/quote]

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Upper Marlboro, Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by thedarkuniter » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:12 am

Anyone know the email for Funimation's product concerns? We really need to tell them that we're getting a falsely advertised product.
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

User avatar
Tsukento
I Live Here
Posts: 2600
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by Tsukento » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 am

You can throw 'em an e-mail at: productconcerns@funimation.com

My guess is they simply fudged up and put all the stuff from the original discs into the newer ones by mistake.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Upper Marlboro, Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by thedarkuniter » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:10 am

Just sent them a email and a message on their Facebook. Hopefully, they'll fix it right away.
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:29 am
Location: West Virginia USA

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Discussion

Post by superrayman3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:17 am

bkev wrote:So... the box says Kikuchi, but the Blus have Yamamoto? How bizarre.
I'm not really surprised by this. My copy of part 5 has Yamamoto on the box but had Kikuchi music in the show.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

Post Reply